05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

New pics

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/07 | 12:03 AM

SlamMan02...to each their own. I don't expect everyone to like it, and I'm sure some hate it, but it's mine, I haven't seen anyone else with the same set up, so I think it's unique.

odiaz...those pics were taken downtown Wichita Falls, Texas. I have absolutely no idea how long that coke mural has been there but I love it and that's the second time I've used it as a background for photos.
Old 1/9/07 | 12:47 AM
V6 Member

nice ride, I dig the front grill the most.
Old 1/9/07 | 04:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
SlamMan02...to each their own. I don't expect everyone to like it, and I'm sure some hate it, but it's mine, I haven't seen anyone else with the same set up, so I think it's unique.

odiaz...those pics were taken downtown Wichita Falls, Texas. I have absolutely no idea how long that coke mural has been there but I love it and that's the second time I've used it as a background for photos.
yea im not bashing you or your car in anyway but IMO it would follow the long smooth lines of the hood/grill/fascia with a different style louver and spoiler. Still looks unique though!!

OffTopic but Im looking into a set of LTs with matching mid, is anyone having a special on the SLPs at the moment? How do you like yours? How did the overall sound/noise/tone change once you added them?
Old 1/9/07 | 07:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

William,

Very cool pics!!!!!!!!!! I love the vintage backgrounds. You car looks tough as hell just like it is. The new hood and stripes will just add to it.
Keep us updated.
Old 1/9/07 | 11:39 PM

Thanks Rob. You definitely played a large role in my decision process to go with the Shelby front. I love it and would do it all over again if I had to no questions asked. We'll have to get together next time I'm up that way and get some pics of the two cars.
Old 1/10/07 | 07:46 AM
Cobra Member

2006GT500,

VERY VERY nice! mean and evil looking!
i can see this car rolling down the blvd. and turning many heads!!

this reaffirms me in my shelby fascia conversion.

if you pulled up next to a ferrari or bentley coupe, you would get just as much looks! isnt that interesting to know?

Old 1/10/07 | 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks Rob. You definitely played a large role in my decision process to go with the Shelby front. I love it and would do it all over again if I had to no questions asked. We'll have to get together next time I'm up that way and get some pics of the two cars.
and I'll invite myself up and we'll have a 3some...haha

3 cars you guys, get your heads outta the gutter
Old 1/10/07 | 04:45 PM

Hey Slam Man if you're not busy Saturday you should drive up to the show that's just North of Denton, in Pilot Point. Supposed to be a big show. I'm considering entering my car but I'm not sure if she's ready for a show yet. Also Rob was telling me that there is going to be a pretty large show in April in Mustang, Ok, that he's going to and that I'll be attending as well. PM me if you're interested.

Rob we need to figure out which parking garage to get on top of to have the Ford Center in the background.
Old 1/10/07 | 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, we need to take that pic in front of the Ford Center. I still need to find the exact spot. In reference to the national show in Mustang (suburb of Oklahoma City) go to www.okmustangs.com. Close the window in the middle of the screen and click on the national car show information. I think it says Centennial.

William, my son was looking at your car and told me I needed the side exhaust too so it would look like "Lightening Mcqueen" from the Cars movie. Funny how a 6 year old's mind works. Again William your car is absolutely bad A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1/10/07 | 11:23 PM

Rob apparently you have taught your son right. Now is this the same some that was helping you with your plenum cover, or do I have the story messed up? Sounds like a future Stanger to me.
Old 1/11/07 | 12:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I love the front end and hope to do the same conversion on my 07 GT Vert. I'm not so keen on the side pipes and the reasoning is that I put side pipes on a '75 Formula Firebird back in '76. Mine were chromed with chrome heat shields but I would still get burned getting in and out of my bird. Other problems were with things like railroad crossings and the curb outside the front of my house. I'll never do that again. Man that's a big ducktail! I'm partial to the GT500 spoiler so I'll let it go at that. But again I love the front end conversion and I think it really looks good with the stock hood.

From the rocket ranch

BB

Semper Fi
Old 1/11/07 | 01:06 AM
V6 Member

From: Looking for a wrecked 11' GT to steal the engine!!!
I like the Cobra Front, but i would do a 3" Cowl hood, a smaller spoiler and i'd DEFINETLY get rid of that side exhaust, but thats just me...
Old 1/11/07 | 07:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Rob apparently you have taught your son right. Now is this the same some that was helping you with your plenum cover, or do I have the story messed up? Sounds like a future Stanger to me.
You got the story right! He is definately a future Stanger. But after he saw "Cars" I think he wants me to paint mine red and paint big eyes on the winshield and a mouth on the front grill.
Old 1/11/07 | 12:51 PM
GT Member

Absolutely insane. Forget the Eleanor hood. I think there are better looking hoods out there.
I'll bet she turns heads everywhere you roll.
Old 1/11/07 | 01:57 PM

Wow everyone likes and dislikes different things about my car interesting. Some don't like the wing, some don't like the scoops, some don't like the side exhaust, seems like everyone loves the front bumper. At least I know those people won't be doing the exact same look and my car can stay unique, which is my goal anyway. Love the constructive criticism though. My best friend hates the wing and wants me to go wingless. Wonder how that'd look? If you guys say no to the Eleanor hood what hood would you suggest? I was looking at the other pics on here of the guy with the Black Gt with Cervini's stuff and the scoopless Cervini's hood and love how it is extended but don't like the Mach look or the Shaker, or the Boss 429 look I just don't think any of those flow with the look of my car. I wonder how that hood that is extended would look if I left the grille extensions off, but used the part that goes by the lights? I know some of you have said don't do the Eleanor hood but if I could custom fabricate a hood it would be Eleanor style more true to the '67 hood with the extensions. Keep up the constructive criticism. Doubt much will change though. My favorite Mustang is Eleanor and my goal for my car is to do a modern verson of Eleanor however I'm always open to suggestions. I love modifying cars and always love seeing new looks and hearing other peoples ideas. Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old 1/11/07 | 09:05 PM
Cobra Member

IMO go with a flat style louver more like the traditional fastbacks, keep the hood stock, and switch to a CDC spoiler: Smooth but aggressive lines, that will flow perfect with the front end and the Bullitts.
Old 1/11/07 | 10:19 PM

hmm interesting. Do you mean scoop or louver?
Old 1/12/07 | 09:14 AM
GT Member

My problem with the Eleanor hood, even on the original movie car, is the blockiness of it... too lumpy. Obviously this is just my humble opinion.
This hood has had my attention lately:

But your car is suh-weet no matter which way you go with the hood.
Old 1/12/07 | 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

William,

Have you considered the hood you told me about on modular fords under the GT500 discussion. I checked it out and think it looks pretty cool. I knew the aftermarket hoods for the Shelbys would be coming out soon and part of me wishes I would have waited for these aftermarket hoods. I love the hood vents on that hood.
Old 1/12/07 | 04:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
William,

Have you considered the hood you told me about on modular fords under the GT500 discussion. I checked it out and think it looks pretty cool. I knew the aftermarket hoods for the Shelbys would be coming out soon and part of me wishes I would have waited for these aftermarket hoods. I love the hood vents on that hood.
AND? What hood would that be, inquiring minds need to know?

From the rocket ranch

BB

Semper Fi

Quick Reply: New pics