05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/12, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some help

So I just traded rims and tires with a guy from the forums and on the way home my drive was horrible, the wheel was shaking like crazy at high speeds so I just left CC on at 60, while I was there I noticed one bald tire but didn't really care cuz I wanted the rims and figured I have to replace at least one tire. Now that I'm home and looking at the bald tire it says "inside" on it, so I'm not sure what that means. I plan to take it to get balanced and a new tire this weekend, any help or advice you guys have would be great.
Old 12/19/12, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Could be out of balance, could have a bubble on the inside of the tire, could be a bent rim, could be a tire out of round. Inside means that side of the tire should be mounted facing inward, sounds like someone mounted the tire incorrectly
Old 12/19/12, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok well looking closely at the rims it doesn't look like anything is bent or damaged, which is why I went through with it, I really hope I just need a balance. As far as the tires go, what so you think I should do about the mismatch? Cuz the front two are the same, but the back two are not
Old 12/19/12, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by atrav83
Ok well looking closely at the rims it doesn't look like anything is bent or damaged, which is why I went through with it, I really hope I just need a balance. As far as the tires go, what so you think I should do about the mismatch? Cuz the front two are the same, but the back two are not
That doesn't matter really, just replace as necessary when tread is low. It's wont hurt anything to have different tires on one axle, but when you replace them make sure they're the same
Old 12/19/12, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Gotcha, thank you for the help!!
Old 12/19/12, 07:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If one tire has the word "inside" on it... that tire needs to be removed from the wheel and turned around. You may have rotaional tires, which makes a significant difference in how they ride, if they are not installed properly. Replace the damaged tire for your own safety... and that of other drivers on the road.
Old 12/19/12, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea I'm gonna do that tomorrow, thanks guys!