05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/12, 10:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions

My next mod will be with the front fascia. Here are the two options for my black convertible (which will eventually have the black billet Shelby grille and it already has the 2 in cowl hood) -

CDC aggressive with splitter (splitter both for looks and clearance)
Upside - maybe a little cheaper, not as common
downsides - my front bumper is scuffed in a few places so that would still be visible, and I would have to figure out some kind of grille to keep rocks and stuff from flying in that gaping hole

Cs front and rears (would eventually add the black billet middle with Shelby piaa driving lights and brake ducts, and possibly the gt500 splitter)
Upsides - clean factory look, easy to mod, would make the car look very finished, would also get rid of scuffed front and rear bumpers, probably wouldn't drag as much
Downsides - might be a little more expensive with paint and two bumpers and labor

What do you guys think? Some pictures of the CDC aggressive with splitter are below and for the other the closest thing to the cs bumper is ricksgt/cs car. Hopefully he'll post some or I can find them.
Attached Thumbnails Need opinions-image-2481682738.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 4/18/12, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I kinda mentioned in the thread yesterday that I like the CS front. Plus if you are not going to have to paint the CS front then maybe that could be a selling point as well. I feel your pain on Rick chips etc. I had mine re-painted because the black shows everything
Old 4/18/12, 02:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N
I kinda mentioned in the thread yesterday that I like the CS front. Plus if you are not going to have to paint the CS front then maybe that could be a selling point as well. I feel your pain on Rick chips etc. I had mine re-painted because the black shows everything
Yeah you know exactly what I'm talking about. And I will have to paint the cs bumpers. Which means paint and labor and all of the goodies that cost more than the bumpers themselves
Old 4/18/12, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang

Yeah you know exactly what I'm talking about. And I will have to paint the cs bumpers. Which means paint and labor and all of the goodies that cost more than the bumpers themselves
Then that's a tough one. Either way it sounds like you will have to get some painting done. So I guess it's which style you like the most. Going unique on a Mustang is so tough because it seems like everything has been done. I feel mine is unique but I am sure I will find one just like it at shows this summer. Lol
Old 4/18/12, 02:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N

Then that's a tough one. Either way it sounds like you will have to get some painting done. So I guess it's which style you like the most. Going unique on a Mustang is so tough because it seems like everything has been done. I feel mine is unique but I am sure I will find one just like it at shows this summer. Lol
Dude I don't think so. Yours looks really good and I haven't seen that kit on any other car let alone with those wheels and that spoiler. I haven't seen either of the ways I'm thinking of going on a black convertible but I have seen them on multiple other black cars. But I kinda like the idea of having the aggressive front with splitter since the track cars are so popular right now with the bosses and what not. Haha or I could copy your look!! Haha now that sounds like a plan
Old 4/18/12, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dude I don't think so. Yours looks really good and I haven't seen that kit on any other car let alone with those wheels and that spoiler. I haven't seen either of the ways I'm thinking of going on a black convertible but I have seen them on multiple other black cars. But I kinda like the idea of having the aggressive front with splitter since the track cars are so popular right now with the bosses and what not. Haha or I could copy your look!! Haha now that sounds like a plan
Thanks man I appreciate the props! But overall I really do find it hard to find something on a mustang that hasn't already been done... at least tasteful mods that is. Lol
Old 4/18/12, 07:48 PM
GT Member

love the cs bumpers. I hear on the price but it looks good and is oem. After adding the cs with the gt500 splitter im adding the rear to "complete" the outside look
Old 4/18/12, 10:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by B1STANG
love the cs bumpers. I hear on the price but it looks good and is oem. After adding the cs with the gt500 splitter im adding the rear to "complete" the outside look
The prices will actually be comparable to the aggressive chin spoiler, but what messes it up is that I would buy both front and rear instead of just the chin. Your car looks great right now by the way. Thanks for the tip on the wheels and prochamber too! Where are you from?
Old 4/22/12, 09:15 PM
GT Member

The prices will actually be comparable to the aggressive chin spoiler, but what messes it up is that I would buy both front and rear instead of just the chin. Your car looks great right now by the way. Thanks for the tip on the wheels and prochamber too! Where are you from?
Thanks for the compliment. Its a tough call but you have to follow what you really want. Every mod leads to another anyhow so there is no use fighting it lol. Im from Boston... if your ever in town I'll be the guy breaking in the prochamber on the highways around here lol
Old 4/23/12, 10:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by B1STANG

Thanks for the compliment. Its a tough call but you have to follow what you really want. Every mod leads to another anyhow so there is no use fighting it lol. Im from Boston... if your ever in town I'll be the guy breaking in the prochamber on the highways around here lol
Haha gotcha. I'm on Oklahoma so I don't know if I'll make it to Boston anytime soon. But if I ever do I'll listen for the prochamber haha