05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Need Help! Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/05, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know, I know.. another "what wheel should I buy?" thread, but this one has a twist. Well, yesterday my hubby and I were in Phoenix picking up his new F-150 (thanks 5 Star Ford!) and I got the oil changed on the Mustang while I waited for him. Pretty soon I had all the parts guys gathering around to talk about the 05 and made some great friends. It was good times. I managed with my girly charm to get a smokin deal on some Bullitt wheels, the silver finished ones. They are ordering them for me and I'll have them late next week.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the finish on the wheel? I couldn't really tell if it was paint or what. The wheels look great, and I think they will look nice on my silver car, but I've never had wheels like this before. Any input would be helpful. I also bought the Pony Spinner caps too, how do you think those will look?

Here is the link to the wheel

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=7868[attachmentid=16065]
Old 3/27/05, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nice wheels ! They sure look like the bullits that come stock on the 05. If so, they are painted aluminum with a clearcoat finish. You wash them just like the finish on your car - although I imagine you could use something stronger if you had to. You should also be able to wax them if you like. The only thing I would not do is use a wire brush on them, it might scratch them.
Old 3/27/05, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I thought the stock Bullits were a darker color, I haven't seen them in person. I was told by the parts guy that the ones I'm buying are a lot lighter than the stock 05 Bullits. I hope they look good!
Old 3/27/05, 09:02 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've seen quite a few sets off '05's w/ tires on ebay... just a thought to maybe save some $$$
Old 3/27/05, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by azlitigator@March 27, 2005, 8:14 PM
I know, I know.. another "what wheel should I buy?" thread, but this one has a twist. Well, yesterday my hubby and I were in Phoenix picking up his new F-150 (thanks 5 Star Ford!) and I got the oil changed on the Mustang while I waited for him. Pretty soon I had all the parts guys gathering around to talk about the 05 and made some great friends. It was good times. I managed with my girly charm to get a smokin deal on some Bullitt wheels, the silver finished ones. They are ordering them for me and I'll have them late next week.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the finish on the wheel? I couldn't really tell if it was paint or what. The wheels look great, and I think they will look nice on my silver car, but I've never had wheels like this before. Any input would be helpful. I also bought the Pony Spinner caps too, how do you think those will look?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=7868[attachmentid=16065]
Ya drove all the way from Parker to south Snottsdale? Now thats dedication! Funny thing was I was at Five Star on Thursday. Got the oil changed in my ride (I figured 2k was a good number for the first oil change). Took me 5 minutes to find the silly parts department. Never walked down that long corridor before.

Cool wheels though... I'm betting they'll look great on your ride.
Old 3/27/05, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@March 27, 2005, 9:14 PM

1) Wash with dawn detergent to get them totally clean. 2) Wax with good wax. 3) Then weekly, or as required, use non-amonia window cleaner followed by a coat of Pledge. Keeps them clean, easy to follow-up and road gunk won't stick. BTW Pledge works great on the interior plastics and won't attract grit and grime like Armoral and similiar products. You'll see a lot of Pledge at car and bike shows
Old 3/28/05, 06:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

If your wondering what they will look like click on the my link to see my my pictures. I have a satin silver and I think they look great. As far as the spinners I think they would look great as well.

Old 3/28/05, 06:32 AM
Cobra Member

I agree those wheels and "pony" spinners will look great!
Very nice choice
Old 3/28/05, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Martimus@March 27, 2005, 9:24 PM

Ya drove all the way from Parker to south Snottsdale? Now thats dedication! Funny thing was I was at Five Star on Thursday. Got the oil changed in my ride (I figured 2k was a good number for the first oil change). Took me 5 minutes to find the silly parts department. Never walked down that long corridor before.

Cool wheels though... I'm betting they'll look great on your ride.
Hi Martimus, I thought I was the only one who called it Snottsdale! Ha ha. It isn't too bad of a drive, and we hit the stores for good shopping. They were very nice at 5 Star, and I think I will be going back to them in the future. Did you see the red GT convertible they had in the showroom? It was a beauty. I think Sixty-Six is going to arrange a GTG in the before the heat arrives. I hope to meet you then.

Thanks everyone for helping me out on the wheels. I am glad to hear no negative comments about them. Where I live I have only seen maybe two or three other 05's, and they were on the highway passing through. It's kind of hard to get an idea of how something looks from just a picture in a catalog.
Old 3/28/05, 09:41 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I wish I had known.....My dad just took off a set that he is going to sell.
Of course shipping charges are alot from here to Arizona.
Old 3/28/05, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK I'm officially confused. The set dtdebuty has (nice gallery of pictures BTW) and the ones Donna said came off her dads car, wouldn't those be the darker finish?

The parts guy said these are lighter than the ones that come on the '05. Is there a difference or was he pulling my leg? I don't really think it will matter too much, because both would look nice on the silver, but I'd like to have an idea of what I'll be getting.
Old 3/28/05, 06:10 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Good question....This is like the ones that were on my dad's 02.
Old 3/28/05, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Those look darker to me. Thanks for posting that Donna
Old 3/28/05, 09:11 PM
FR500 Member

I think it's just lighting...

Stock 05' Bullits w/spinners

Old 3/28/05, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ooh, I like that! I hope mine look as good as that. I still can't tell 100% if the wheels I'm ordering are the stock bullits or not, but I'll be happy with them in any event. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 3/29/05, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by azlitigator@March 28, 2005, 10:20 PM
Ooh, I like that! I hope mine look as good as that. I still can't tell 100% if the wheels I'm ordering are the stock bullits or not, but I'll be happy with them in any event. Thanks for the help everyone!

There are 5 finishes available for the bullitt wheels, chrome, black, polished, silver, and Anthracite (dark grey). This is what comes factory on the 05's.
Old 3/30/05, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Which one comes factory on the 05? I'm so confused! I feel like I'm in a Three Stooges skit. which comes factory? those. which? no those.
Old 3/30/05, 02:00 PM
FR500 Member

My pic is a factory wheel...

May I also add that I would NOT go with the stock (GT) tire size either.

Anything in a 255/50/17 is perfect for those rims. Gives you a wider stance and a better ride than the 235/55/17 Pirelli P Zero Neros.
Old 3/30/05, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Tony. Yours look like the darker grey ones, so I'm going to assume that the ones I'm ordering are lighter silver color. Point well taken on the tires also
Old 3/30/05, 02:22 PM
FR500 Member

I think it's just the lighting. The one you originally posted, Donna's, and mine are all the same color, just different lighting situations.

You'll know the dark one's when you see them.

They also have "Arizona Beige".... a little much for my taste though

Quick Reply: Need Help! Wheel Question