05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Natasha struts her stuff at the Shelby Show....

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/06, 11:50 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
VegasJay, you talking about the Mineral Gray that was parked 2 spots away from you? I've got a picture here.

I added a closeup of the grill, but you can't really see the details. Looks like he cut into the stock grill to add the fog lights, then put a second grill in front of the lights and original grill. I liked it too. Thought it looked really good.

Glad to hear about your winning on top of the photo shoot. Seeing all those Shelby's has got the kit-car juices flowing again, and I think I'm going to have to start planning on a Cobra build. It was really cool to see the original 289 car there, and driven in by the original owner. I overheard someone say he comes to all kinds of events, especially ones sponsored by Shelby American.

Oh and Justin, I don't think that many people were put off by your under-hood art, at least not that I saw. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the one! Thanks Jay, I couldn't find my pic of it...Your right he cut a stock V-6 grill (w/no fog's) added Fog's and covered it with a SS type mesh...I'm going to contact him for more detail's, I'll keep you posted. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

A Cobra kit car would be sweet! My friend down the street is building one right now and is using a 2-Valve GT motor to power it. You'll have to check it out sometime, it's from Factory-5 and is an awesome kit.

Yeah, I only saw a few people turn their noses at my under hood "working girl's"... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] It did kinda seem like bringing a "lady of the night" to an Opera at times though...LOL
Old 3/1/06, 06:25 PM

Yeah, Factory Five has a good kit, Superformance who was there, there are quite a few. I've seen a company named B&B with a kit designed for a 5.0 loaner, which makes finding parts easy. I know I can't afford to put a 427 in the car if I build it, but a nicely built 351 might work. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] I kinda like the looks of the 289 slab side cars too, like that original that was parked across from the front door.

Who knows, but I've wanted to build one forever. Might be time to actually give it a try, I'm not getting any younger. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 07:05 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayguy @ March 1, 2006, 5:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, Factory Five has a good kit, Superformance who was there, there are quite a few. I've seen a company named B&B with a kit designed for a 5.0 loaner, which makes finding parts easy. I know I can't afford to put a 427 in the car if I build it, but a nicely built 351 might work. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] I kinda like the looks of the 289 slab side cars too, like that original that was parked across from the front door.

Who knows, but I've wanted to build one forever. Might be time to actually give it a try, I'm not getting any younger. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Go for it man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/16.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/21.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] You only live once...Another good motor option would be a Ford Racing crate motor...A 302 perhaps, complete with a warranty. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats Justin!!!! That is awsome! I hope the guy will get you copies of the pictures for a scrap book! Even if ya had to pay some money for the prints, it still would be awsome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 08:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Justin! That is so cool hear about and like everyone else, I can't wait to see the photo shoot pics. I remember when Natasha was a baby and now look at her all grown up and beautiful. You have done a great job and should be proud! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Your car was definately a hit at the show! As I stated in the reply to your pm, your car is 10x's nicer person. I thought it was beautiful on here, but seeing it in person [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

Congrats on the plaque.

BTW, I still don't know why the group of guys I came with parked so far away from the cars. I cruised out with the owner of the dealership (drove his FORD GT), his friend (FORD GT), mystichrome cobra conv., redfire cobra coupe, red mach 1, and the guy that was with me while talking to you had an 06' GT.
Old 3/2/06, 11:06 AM

05-1947, didn't get a chance to meet you there, but I saw you guys pull in, and took some pics of the GT's before I left. I'm sure they would've been a big hit if they had parked closer. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful car. I was there to and got to see your car in person. Nice job. Where did you get the wheels and what size are they?
Mark [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 04:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats man, car is looking awesome. Why oh why cant we have quarter window scoops like your older stang. That is exactly what I want on my 06, big rounded, and vented out back. Please oh please someone make them. Congrats again, keep it up!
Old 3/2/06, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

Well Justin, all I can say (like so may others have here) is congrats. Job well done. Next wek will be the 1 year mark I had mine and up to now all I did was little cosmetic changes. Wasn't too crazy about the idea of investing too much money in the car (although I'm already up to almost 7K, canadian...) but the more I look at yours and some others too...well I think performance mods are more and more tempting.

Thanks to ya I may be poorer tomorrow...but then again poor with a smile isn't that bad [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Thumbs way up buddy.
Old 3/2/06, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats Justin on the Award.I've always admired Natasha....You do come across humble [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] .The Award was well deserverd. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] And to be well accepted among the hard core Shelby cars to boot?
I hope you and Natasha make the the Mag ....Cant wait.

-John
Old 3/2/06, 11:12 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustang69-05 @ March 1, 2006, 6:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats Justin!!!! That is awsome! I hope the guy will get you copies of the pictures for a scrap book! Even if ya had to pay some money for the prints, it still would be awsome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I am going to ask to buy copies of the pic's...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ March 1, 2006, 7:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats Justin! That is so cool hear about and like everyone else, I can't wait to see the photo shoot pics. I remember when Natasha was a baby and now look at her all grown up and beautiful. You have done a great job and should be proud! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, If someone told me a little over a year ago that things were going to end up this way I don't think I would have believed them... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05-1947 @ March 2, 2006, 9:05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Your car was definately a hit at the show! As I stated in the reply to your pm, your car is 10x's nicer person. I thought it was beautiful on here, but seeing it in person [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

Congrats on the plaque.

BTW, I still don't know why the group of guys I came with parked so far away from the cars. I cruised out with the owner of the dealership (drove his FORD GT), his friend (FORD GT), mystichrome cobra conv., redfire cobra coupe, red mach 1, and the guy that was with me while talking to you had an 06' GT.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks Justin! I was checking out the GT's, very nice! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] I'll see you out at Street War's... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mark221 @ March 2, 2006, 1:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Beautiful car. I was there to and got to see your car in person. Nice job. Where did you get the wheels and what size are they?
Mark [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thank you, the wheels are from mustangtuning.com and are the 18' x 9" deep dish bullits...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sodaman @ March 2, 2006, 3:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats man, car is looking awesome. Why oh why cant we have quarter window scoops like your older stang. That is exactly what I want on my 06, big rounded, and vented out back. Please oh please someone make them. Congrats again, keep it up!
[/b][/quote]

I wish the 67 was mine... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] It was in the show and I tried to get pic's of them together, it just didn't work out. I would also like scoop's more like the 67/68's, I think we'll see them soon... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluestang2go @ March 2, 2006, 4:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well Justin, all I can say (like so may others have here) is congrats. Job well done. Next wek will be the 1 year mark I had mine and up to now all I did was little cosmetic changes. Wasn't too crazy about the idea of investing too much money in the car (although I'm already up to almost 7K, canadian...) but the more I look at yours and some others too...well I think performance mods are more and more tempting.

Thanks to ya I may be poorer tomorrow...but then again poor with a smile isn't that bad [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Thumbs way up buddy.
[/b][/quote]

You can't take it with you when you die.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stangers @ March 2, 2006, 5:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats Justin on the Award.I've always admired Natasha....You do come across humble [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] .The Award was well deserverd. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] And to be well accepted among the hard core Shelby cars to boot?
I hope you and Natasha make the the Mag ....Cant wait.

-John
[/b][/quote]

Thank's, I have my fingers crossed.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Awesome Car Justin! Where did you get the blacked out headlight and fog lenses? They look great with Black. How much light do they block? Thanks, Bob
Old 3/3/06, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackonBlack @ March 3, 2006, 12:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Awesome Car Justin! Where did you get the blacked out headlight and fog lenses? They look great with Black. How much light do they block? Thanks, Bob
[/b][/quote]

I had them made locally, but you can get them online from stickercity com. They block a fair amount of light, I installed brighter bulb's to compensate... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice job! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 11:12 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome job poser! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

That's great news that you were accepted in that community, on the photo shoot, and the award. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 03:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Justin so good to hear from you again and see you get some just deserved kudos for your work . I have to laugh now when I thinkl of the first post I read about your car and all the flak you got for putting "Cobra" emblems on your non cobra car. Well I guess judging from your write up all the real cobra owners were ok with what you did .

You know who can blame anyone for wanting to put cobra emblems on their car??? Considering you were surrounded by original l Shelby cobras worth gazzillions of dollars that most of us regular working stiffs can only dream of!! Reality is my 05 Mustang is probably as close to a Shelby Cobra as I will ever get, but the great thing is with a few cobra emblems and such we can feel a part of it all , sort of bridge the gap of time. It's like taking a little bit of our heritage and taking it with us into the future.

Im just so glad for you Justin, glad all your work and choices were well recieved by owners of the real deals.So for all the nay-sayers that said Justin shouldnt have added cobra embelms, in your face! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 04:16 AM
Cobra Member

Justin, sounds like you had a priceless day. Congrats man. Hope to see alot more of Natasha.
Old 3/4/06, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ March 3, 2006, 7:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice job! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AFBLUE @ March 3, 2006, 10:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Awesome job poser! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

That's great news that you were accepted in that community, on the photo shoot, and the award. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Poser eh...What would Chuck Norris do??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] Thanks man [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(runfox @ March 4, 2006, 2:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Justin so good to hear from you again and see you get some just deserved kudos for your work . I have to laugh now when I thinkl of the first post I read about your car and all the flak you got for putting "Cobra" emblems on your non cobra car. Well I guess judging from your write up all the real cobra owners were ok with what you did .

You know who can blame anyone for wanting to put cobra emblems on their car??? Considering you were surrounded by original l Shelby cobras worth gazzillions of dollars that most of us regular working stiffs can only dream of!! Reality is my 05 Mustang is probably as close to a Shelby Cobra as I will ever get, but the great thing is with a few cobra emblems and such we can feel a part of it all , sort of bridge the gap of time. It's like taking a little bit of our heritage and taking it with us into the future.

Im just so glad for you Justin, glad all your work and choices were well recieved by owners of the real deals.So for all the nay-sayers that said Justin shouldnt have added cobra embelms, in your face! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Tim, I sometimes read back through that thread...I have calmed down quite a bit from the "early day's" ... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] I still have my beliefs and stand by them but I don't worry what others think as far as negativity goes. In a way certain members in that post fueled my fire and drove me to achieve my goals in an accelerated manner. So I guess one could say that I have got to this point with their help. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ March 4, 2006, 3:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Justin, sounds like you had a priceless day. Congrats man. Hope to see alot more of Natasha.
[/b][/quote]

Thank you [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Natasha struts her stuff at the Shelby Show....