05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Natasha struts her stuff at the Shelby Show....

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/06, 08:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Sunday started out as a relaxing day with good 75 degree weather. I figured it was a good day to enter a car show...The relaxing part of the day soon melted away as I headed out to Shelby American for their annual car show. I felt Natasha was ready to strut her stuff a little. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] The tempo of the day soon changed as the show began. The response over Natasha was overwhelming and not for the reason I figured. I was a little concerned over the reaction she would get at a "hard core" event. The enthusiast that were there new she wasn't a "real Shelby" as they were a hard core group for the most part, but they loved her anyway. I was asked what seemed to be a million question's on every aspect of the car. People crowded around her like it was a topless model [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] , I was stunned to say the least...Then when I thought the day couldn't possibly get any better I was wrong, way wrong...

Jay, the owner of Mustang Depot here in Vegas brought over a friend of his to check out Natasha (Thanks Jay [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] ). He is a top photographer for the big Mustang Magazines. He asked me if I would leave the car show (in the middle of it mind you) to do a full photo shoot!! I didn't have to think about that one much and responded with a resounding "heck yeah"! We went out north of the speedway out into the desert were he had a nice spot already picked out from previous photo session's for Shelby. He took hundreds of photo's from all possible angles, complete with reflectors, shades and lighting etc. He captured every detail of her. We then did some "action" shots which he took from the back of a truck while I drove down a lonely desert highway. It was a blast!! He was very happy with the pics he took and took down all my info. It was then time to head back to the Shelby show...

I re-took my spot in the show and continued with the good times. I meet a lot of really cool people and some even from right here at TMS. I figured I might have blew my shot at the car show but I was more than o.k. with it, seeing how I jumped at a once in a life time opportunity...

Well to my complete surprise when the awards were handed out Natasha took first place in the 2005-06 class!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] The prize was a beautifully engraved plaque, hand signed from Carrol himself. The photographer that did the shoot snapped a few pics of me accepting Natasha's award...It was a great achievement ( excpecially from this crowd) for all the hard work, blood, sweat and tear's that have gone into building her up. It was a day I will remember for a very long time... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I don't want to get my hopes up to high, but I think we have a good chance of seeing Natasha in a "Center Fold"... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 08:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, thats actually freaking insane! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice.
Old 2/27/06, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

Natasha's older brother & a pic with her trophy...
Old 2/27/06, 08:59 PM
3rd Times A Charm

heck yeah!!! Good for you man! I can't wait to see the pics!!!
Old 2/27/06, 09:05 PM
GT Member

That is sweet, unreal, off the chain, and redonculous [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] . I dont think youll be able to wipe a smile off your face for a while. Congrats.
Old 2/27/06, 09:07 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude, that's gotta feel good!
Old 2/27/06, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Thank's guy's! It was a red letter day for sure! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] To be honest it would have took a sander to wipe the smile off... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2/27/06, 11:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I remember a long time ago that I thought "My car can be just as nice as VegasJay's". Thanks for completely ruining that dream. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Great job man!
Old 2/28/06, 06:44 AM
Queen Of Nascar

That is soooo cool Justin!! Keep us posted as to when you will be in the mag. Thats a once in a lifetime opportunity. Congrats on the win also. Much deserved!! Your car is beyond awesome. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 08:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Justin congrats - you deserve it. I don't know you other than reading your posts on here, but it is readily apparent that you're very humble when it comes to your car, despite her being the envy of lots and lots of people. Think about it - you see her every day; rain, shine, clean, dirty, warts and all. The rest of us see her when she looks her absolute best and it's all new to us (whether is be on TMS or in person at a car show) - and appropriately so, your efforts in the car are well rewarded IMO. Anyone who has won a trophy at a car show can attest to it - if you're humble about the car, you'll be rewarded. If you're a cocky SOB, you don't deserve the car or the accolades. Can't wait to see the magazine pics! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 08:04 AM
FR500 Member

Right On Justin! Maybe for next years there'll be 2 05's in the running. Natasha and Rosie [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Conga Rats!
Old 2/28/06, 08:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That freakin' rocks!!!

Way to go Justin and Natasha!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 09:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That is great Justin!! I can't wait to see the pictures!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 10:31 AM
GT Member

Vegas Jay you RULE! I hope my little black V6 can grow up to be like Natasha...I've been following your posts and your car is awesome, it's nice to see that all your hard work paid off in a first place!
Old 2/28/06, 10:37 AM
Big Falken Tires

Justin -
WHOA man!

Totally kick #^%#!!!!!

That is pretty much the perfect day with your Stang.....

Can't WAIT to see the photos he took - no doubt they are goona be sweet!

Some day I hope to meet you and your lady in person [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

Sean- Thanks [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Donna- Thank you, I will definitely keep everybody posted! Honestly I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img]

Dave- It's funny how I consider a lot of people friends here and only know them from here...This is my first "Internet forum" experience and it has truly been a great one. Every time I get to meet people from here in person it has also been a great experience and many of them I keep in touch with. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Natasha definitely has her "blemishes"...A donkey hole lightly keyed a small spot on the passenger side rear quarter panel about two weeks after I bought her [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] . Then a couple month's ago I was passing a rock truck on the freeway and a big rock bounced out and gauged my trunk lid...At some point I will re-paint her, as that will be the final part of her "transformation". It will be awhile...

I'm glad I "come off" humble as that suit's me much more than "cocky"... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] It's hard to tell sometimes when typing if an emotion comes out properly or not. I just type "from the hip" and hope the card's fall right... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

Tony- That would be great!! I'll save a spot for her. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Mike- Thanks [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Brian- I can't wait to see the pics too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Fingers crossed....

Sundeep- Thank you...There were some awesome 6's there too. One of them had an awesome grill that the owner made. I'm going to talk to him about making me one. I'll see if I can find a pic of it...

Dave- Thanks man! We both live in vacation spot's so I'm sure we'll be able to meet up! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I wouldn't mind running Natasha at the great track you guy's have then doing some "relaxing at the beach"... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 11:46 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats Justin and Natasha!

Quick Reply: Natasha struts her stuff at the Shelby Show....