05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

My Shortie Antenna Mod!

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/07, 08:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I see that there is yet another unhappy customer of his: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=66382 He was in hiding
Gee, Steel! as usual you are again talking about a subject you know nothing about!
Old 6/6/07, 12:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bcboy1969
Easy mod and looks way better, still wish they did the ant in the window nice and clean.
Believe it or not, I actually get specific compliments on the bobbed antenna by non stangers-strange how just cutting it down makes a decorative accent... Stock height though, it can knock birds out of the sky(I actually killed a sparrow with my 06's stock antenna). Antenna went thoooonnnngggg and I saw it flop to the ground in a heap in the mirror with a feather trail. Maybe it was suicidal?? I've killed two other birds with this car already, one off the headlight and one on the windshield-POOF! Not sure what the deal is with these cars...

Old 6/6/07, 06:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Believe it or not, I actually get specific compliments on the bobbed antenna by non stangers-strange how just cutting it down makes a decorative accent... Stock height though, it can knock birds out of the sky(I actually killed a sparrow with my 06's stock antenna). Antenna went thoooonnnngggg and I saw it flop to the ground in a heap in the mirror with a feather trail. Maybe it was suicidal?? I've killed two other birds with this car already, one off the headlight and one on the windshield-POOF! Not sure what the deal is with these cars...

kevinb120, your right! It's amazing how this simple mod changes the look of your car! and yes people do seem to notice. PS: I like your car kinda reminds me of mine!... the Powered By Ford emblem looks good to!I like it better than the new ones! .....
Old 6/6/07, 07:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I must be a wussy.... I tried getting the ball off the top and couldn't do it. I darn near squared it off while trying and still couldn't get it. Maybe I'll try some spinach this weekend.
Old 6/6/07, 07:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Like I said it took a claw hammer over the ball and whacking the hammer with another to get mine off. Had to be a little twister creative to step on the one hammer, hold the antenna, and whack the top of the claw hammer. Scratched it but I sanded it smooth and re-painted it with Tamiya semi-gloss model paint(lacquer spray). The shaft after being cut has to be 'pointed' with a dremel to trim down the spiral wound anti-whistle wire(takes a touch of finessing to get it on the top square. I then used thick CA(super glue gel) and plopped in on there. Little touch-up sanding and paint. Took about 15 minutes.
Old 6/6/07, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinb120
....to trim down the spiral wound anti-whistle wire.....

oh, is that what that spiral is for? i thought it was to help the reception. learned something new.
Old 6/6/07, 11:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

yup, it keeps the noise down Most are spiral but some like the super duty has a plastic sleeve for the lower 1/3
Old 6/7/07, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I must be a wussy.... I tried getting the ball off the top and couldn't do it. I darn near squared it off while trying and still couldn't get it. Maybe I'll try some spinach this weekend.
Old 6/7/07, 07:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
You and me both Tom, I can't get mine to come off either. I figure I'll get really caveman on it and the little ball will fly across the garage to never be seen again.
Old 6/7/07, 11:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL, that's exactly what will happen to me Ben!
Old 6/7/07, 03:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ben and Wuss281,
Try this approach. If you have a bench vise than clamp the upper end of the antenna that is going to get cut off if the vise with about 4 inches of the end sticking out. Then take a pair of vise grips or pliers and put around the antenna behind the ball but in the area where it will slip up and down the antenna not clamp on it. Place your tool of choice against the ball and tap with a hammer. Then proceed to chase the ball around the garage. I drilled the hole slightly larger in the ball to match the increased gerth of the antenna where you cut it off and then tapped it back on. A little black paint and walla!!! your done. P.S. cut it off 14 inches from the base.
Scott
Old 6/7/07, 04:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Gee, Steel! as usual you are again talking about a subject you know nothing about!
It was a joke, hence, . I'll tell you what, I will buy some wheel caps and mufflers off you if you change that metaphysical gibberish in your signature... NOT!!! Talk about someone not knowing what they're talking about, BUT you're right, I guess that I started it... so, touche. I forgot that we made up... . BTW, car and antenna looks good
Old 6/7/07, 04:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

cripes thats why I said I did it in the corner of the living room so the ball had nowhere to go.
Old 6/7/07, 06:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Ben and Wuss281, .......
Scott
Wuss281, now that's funny!!

It was a joke, hence, . I'll tell you what, I will buy some wheel caps and mufflers off you if you change that metaphysical gibberish in your signature... NOT!!! Talk about someone not knowing what they're talking about, BUT you're right, I guess that I started it... so, touche. I forgot that we made up... .
But, that's even more funny!

What was that one '70s song..... oh yeah, "We are family..... all my brothers, sisters, and me......."
Old 6/7/07, 07:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

HEY blkstang06, how about growing some...and replying to my emails and PMs.
Old 6/8/07, 07:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

It was a joke, hence, . I'll tell you what, I will buy some wheel caps and mufflers off you if you change that what they're talking about,metaphysical gibberish in your signature... NOT!!! Talk about someone not knowing BUT you're right, I guess that I started it... so, touche. I forgot that we made up... . BTW, car and antenna looks good
Whats the real problem, Steel ! I think the rant! you posted is just a poor attempt to mask your real problem !.....You can't get the ball off the end of your antenna either !........
Old 6/8/07, 10:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by delz05
HEY blkstang06, how about growing some...and replying to my emails and PMs.
Reply to this guy, will ya...?
Old 6/10/07, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Pat! I have responded to this Clown in numerous emails!.
Old 6/10/07, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Look, Pat! I have responded to this Clown, in numerous emails............now..
Old 6/10/07, 04:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ummm...no you have not! 1st reply in four weeks (last week) about "damaged" during return shipping does not meet standard. But...as I agreed with the moderators...I will no longer post on this matter until it is resolved...and you return my money!

Quick Reply: My Shortie Antenna Mod!