05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

My car is almost back!

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/06, 11:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of a kind mods man! kudos to you on one kick hiney mustang! loving the 66 badges and those mirrors.... not a big fan of the stock mirrors newayz [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 12:37 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Good for you Ian! I can't wait for you to get her back on the road!!!
Old 3/11/06, 10:32 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lc stang @ March 10, 2006, 7:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ian, really glad to see your cars almost done. It looks awesome. Those mirrors look great and I love that hood w/ those stripes. I can't wait for some daytime pics. I picked mine up from the shop yesterday, so I'll clean it up and take some pics. Oh, and thanks for the Roush hood scoop!
[/b][/quote]

Glad to hear you got yours back too, Cedric. Can't wait to see pics.

And thanks for the kind words, everyone. I did bring the car the car home this weekend to do a few things. I installed the hood pins last night. Now, I didn't have time to wash the car... just hosed her off since it rained last night and she looked really bad. Here are a couple more pics. I still need to put the GT350 rocker stripes on. More pics to come in a week.

Also... a close-up pic of the hood scoop with stripes and of a side mirror with a mirror-delete panel..
Old 3/11/06, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Did you put a backer or reinforcement behind the mirror in the door? The mirrors don't seem heavy...but with the constant vibrating and such.....eventually the doors will crack or strip out where the screws are (even the older cars with heavier gauge sheetmetal does)
Old 3/11/06, 02:03 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paint-boy @ March 11, 2006, 2:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Did you put a backer or reinforcement behind the mirror in the door? The mirrors don't seem heavy...but with the constant vibrating and such.....eventually the doors will crack or strip out where the screws are (even the older cars with heavier gauge sheetmetal does)
[/b][/quote]

Good idea. I didn't do that... but will do it now that you brought it to my attention. Thanks! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] The mirrors are VERY light though... they should hold fine for a little while until I have time to take the door apart.
Old 3/11/06, 05:11 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
All I can say is WOW! It amazes me how well those mirrors go with the car.

Have you thought about the chrome door handles? I would've loved to have gotten a set of these, but my car wound up going in the opposite direction once I started putting on all the black accents.
Old 3/11/06, 05:25 PM
FR500 Member

Jason, I did think about those. I also thought about the chrome tail light trim. We'll see... for now though I gotta spend some cash on performance mods.
Old 3/11/06, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Stunning!!! Makes me wish I had saved for later year.
Old 3/11/06, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Looks great man, who needs to spend thousands of dollars on a Cervinis kit when you can buy a few parts and make your car look just like Eleanor! all you need now is some wheels and your car is perfect!
Old 3/11/06, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ March 11, 2006, 12:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad to hear you got yours back too, Cedric. Can't wait to see pics.

And thanks for the kind words, everyone. I did bring the car the car home this weekend to do a few things. I installed the hood pins last night. Now, I didn't have time to wash the car... just hosed her off since it rained last night and she looked really bad. Here are a couple more pics. I still need to put the GT350 rocker stripes on. More pics to come in a week.

Also... a close-up pic of the hood scoop with stripes and of a side mirror with a mirror-delete panel..
[/b][/quote]

dude.. looks great.. glad to see you have your baby back.... I remember when mine got hit i was so crazy waiting for her.. really like that grill is that Street Scence??? I guess you didnt go the whole cervinis route then....think you made a very good choice... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I knew it would be impressive when it was completed and I wasn't wrong. Can't wait to see more pictures in better lighting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 11:15 PM
V6 Member

Looks sweet. I like how the stripes fit exact with the split in the scoop. Nice!
Old 3/12/06, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ian,

It looks even better than before! I can't wait to see yours in person at the TMS meet. I've always loved the look and those mirrors are the perfect complement to what you have already done.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 05:38 PM
V6 Member

That looks awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I really like how the mirrors look on the car.
Old 3/13/06, 07:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd be scared to drive it without a force field mod. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

Also...did you join the painted stripes club?
Old 3/13/06, 08:36 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(superman112 @ March 11, 2006, 9:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
dude.. looks great.. glad to see you have your baby back.... I remember when mine got hit i was so crazy waiting for her.. really like that grill is that Street Scence??? I guess you didnt go the whole cervinis route then....think you made a very good choice... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I remember when yours got hit too. Your car had actually inspired me to almost get the Cervini front parts. I went back and forth for a while, and opted for the '67 tribute instead of an Eleanor tribute. But I still do get some "Eleanor" comments... I'm sure because the color of my car is similar. But that's fine by me. Afterall, Eleanor was a '67. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

And yes, those are the Street Scene grilles. I couldn't wait until April for the other center-fog grille to be ready... since my stock grille was detroyed in the wreck, I had to get a new one now anyway. I am very impressed with the grilles though... no problems like some have mentioned. And the grille mesh on the Street Scene grilles matches the RKSport scoop grilles exactly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ March 11, 2006, 9:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I knew it would be impressive when it was completed and I wasn't wrong. Can't wait to see more pictures in better lighting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, Rich. I will get some better pics up next weekend I hope.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobragman1215 @ March 12, 2006, 12:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks sweet. I like how the stripes fit exact with the split in the scoop. Nice!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks. I actually taped off the stripes on the hood myself. My body guy called and said he couldn't do it... he tried for a couple hours to tape it off himself. It was pretty tough. Main reason (and you can sorta see this in that close-up pic above) is because the "nose" between the two scoops is not perfectly symmetrical on both sides. And it actually leans one way a little. I had to compromise and get it as good as I could. I think it turned out great... but this surely isn't the easiest hood to stripe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ March 12, 2006, 10:25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ian,

It looks even better than before! I can't wait to see yours in person at the TMS meet. I've always loved the look and those mirrors are the perfect complement to what you have already done.

[/b][/quote]

I was hoping to get that impression... that it's better than before. The only thing that would make me feel ok about the whole wreck incident was having the car turn out even better in the end. So, if it did... I succeeded.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05musclestang @ March 12, 2006, 6:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That looks awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I really like how the mirrors look on the car.
[/b][/quote]

I love these mirrors too. I really like how they are so much smaller... they just look so sleek. And the chrome really looks good too. It's one of those subtle mods that not everyone is going to notice. But it really makes the car though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darth-bob @ March 13, 2006, 8:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'd be scared to drive it without a force field mod. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

Also...did you join the painted stripes club?
[/b][/quote]

I am definitely a little scared to drive now... especially after getting in the wreck. But I just have to hope for the best and hope I that I had my bad luck already and that it won't happen again. And yes, I do have painted stripes. I got my stripes painted almost a year ago though... I only had vinyl on for a couple months. Painted is definitely the way to go.
Old 3/13/06, 09:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I reay love that RK sport hood on the 2005 stang , it just looks perfect on the car, much like my thoughts of the CDC chin spoiler, perfect, should have been done at the factory!!! I am hoping that one day RK sport will get it right, so you can get a good hood that needs a little prep(normal amt)and paint, go on the car with no issues, when they do, that is the hood I would like. Heck, they cant even pkg it correctly, it seems to always get shipping damage!!!
Ian, you car looks unreal, and those stripes are absolutely [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 09:34 AM
FR500 Member

Thanks, Dave. And I agree about RKSport. They have some really nicely designed parts out there that work really well with this car. It's ashame their quality isn't up to par.
Old 3/13/06, 09:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wow the car looks great! Nothing like seeing another Stang back in action. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 07:53 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude! I go out of town for 3 - plus days and you pop THIS out there on us......

Now I gotta play catch up........ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

MAN the ride looks SWEET Ian!

Sept and the drive up to Birmingham is gonna rock even more..... I'll tell ya right now, we'll have to schedule at least five minutes when we meet so I can oogle you car and get some pics before we hit the road...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]