Search this Thread

Old 7/3/07, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great, Kevin!
Old 7/4/07, 10:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I painted the area behind the grille flat black today(dupli-color standard flat black) and it looks 1000% better. I painted all areas back there, including the last 1/4" of the bumper cover opening so the old grill's mounting tabs are also flat black, horns and other accessories as well so it all matches. I should get the lower grill tomorrow and get it on this weekend. That near-chrome radiator and lines were driving me crazy. Looks friggin evil now.

Old 7/5/07, 01:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice piece, well done fellas.
Old 7/5/07, 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
I painted the area behind the grille flat black today(dupli-color standard flat black) and it looks 1000% better. I painted all areas back there, including the last 1/4" of the bumper cover opening so the old grill's mounting tabs are also flat black, horns and other accessories as well so it all matches. I should get the lower grill tomorrow and get it on this weekend. That near-chrome radiator and lines were driving me crazy. Looks friggin evil now.

I HAD TO!
Old 7/5/07, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Its poo poo weather here today cloudy and drizzles. Although its when the old 'chrome' radiator looks at its worst other then strong sunset light(which everything looks awful in), so I'll grab a shot, and one from a distance...

EDIT: tried to get some photos but you can't see the stuff behind the grille anymore unless you walk right up to it. What a difference, before in the same conditions it wouldn't look like it even had a grille at all...And yes I hate my front tag too, but got pulled over 3 times in the first 2 weeks I had it, and that was before illegal tinted windows. May need to get a cover that is just slightly smoked.

Old 7/6/07, 12:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Louie
This is the grille, made by Carriage Works: http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=58656

By using the supplied brackets, the grille will not sit as flush with the bumper as pictured in that link, but rather as deep as the OEM grille. I had to adapt the brackets and change their mounting location, in order to bring it out a bit more. I'm more than happy with the end result and I think it's the best black billet grille on the market so far
That looks great! Did you have to remove the entire original grill? Did you have to cut out a section in the original grill? I was looking at the Shelby C6 grill. When I did some research they said I had to cut up the original grill to make theirs fix. I thought that was pretty hokie coming from Shelby my lord get a clue

C6 below:

Old 7/6/07, 12:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Louie
This is the grille, made by Carriage Works: http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=58656

By using the supplied brackets, the grille will not sit as flush with the bumper as pictured in that link, but rather as deep as the OEM grille. I had to adapt the brackets and change their mounting location, in order to bring it out a bit more. I'm more than happy with the end result and I think it's the best black billet grille on the market so far

Did you drill your bumper? According to the instruction that you have to drill in the core support. Is drilling necessary or you can attach this w/o drilling?
Old 7/6/07, 02:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustangpogi
Did you drill your bumper? According to the instruction that you have to drill in the core support. Is drilling necessary or you can attach this w/o drilling?
You have to drill 2 holes in the plastic bumper cover and 2 in the radiator core support for attaching the brackets.
I guess it would however be possible to come up with another way of doing it (welding the brackets, etc.), but I don't think it's possible with the supplied hardware. My suggestion would be to purchase the grille and figure out your own way of installing it, before you drill any holes. If you don't like it you can always sell it
Old 7/6/07, 02:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
That looks great! Did you have to remove the entire original grill? Did you have to cut out a section in the original grill?
Nope, this is a full replacement grille, i.e. you remove the OEM grille from the bumper and install this one, using its own attaching means.

The CS6 grille that requires butchering the OEM grille is indeed a weird choice for Shelby.
Old 7/6/07, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

Its poo poo weather here today cloudy and drizzles. Although its when the old 'chrome' radiator looks at its worst other then strong sunset light(which everything looks awful in), so I'll grab a shot, and one from a distance...

EDIT: tried to get some photos but you can't see the stuff behind the grille anymore unless you walk right up to it. What a difference, before in the same conditions it wouldn't look like it even had a grille at all...And yes I hate my front tag too, but got pulled over 3 times in the first 2 weeks I had it, and that was before illegal tinted windows. May need to get a cover that is just slightly smoked.

NOICE! That's what I would hope everybody does with their overlays. Very nice.
Old 7/6/07, 08:21 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those billet grills look great on both your cars! Thanks for posting the pics guys!

That's something to consider for a future upgrade!
Old 7/6/07, 09:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

No worries on drilling the bumper, the holes are well under where the stock flange goes should you put it back. Its so thin under there you just barely push through with a small awl, no need to bother drilling. You then use the back up clips under the cover to give it some support. The two holes in the radiator support are forever covered by the radiator cover as well so you never see anything returning it to stock. It feels a bit flimsy with the bumper, but once you put the two top brackets on its friggin solid as a rock. 4 screws-piece-o-cake. Half the price, half the work, and twice as nice as the other billet grilles, what's not to like?

If someone's worried about drilling invisible holes I'm surprised they aren't afraid to scratch the finish on factory bolts and screw heads???
Old 7/6/07, 09:14 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great!
Old 7/7/07, 10:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Upper and lower grilles now! Heh, same-angle picture of my car for the 8th time. Lower grille took about 4 minutes. They say to pull the lower cover off, but I just put the clips on loosely, maniuplated them with a plastic pen, and tightened. Stock honeycomb stays in place-perfect fit. I guess that would be the 'honeycomb hideout' now...

And with the black paint it even holds its own with god-awful flash photos

Old 7/7/07, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

The front of your car is in a shadow, I can hardly see the new grill...
Old 7/7/07, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

i can
Old 7/7/07, 11:21 PM
GT Member

The grilles look incredible!
Old 7/23/07, 03:26 PM

I got the Moss black billet grill too! Looks real good, but the instructions say to drill even though the Moss webiste says no drilling required! Errr!

I guess I'll try it when my car comes in. Looks real good on both of your cars!
Old 7/23/07, 04:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

its easy to drill, and its all hidden by the stock pieces if you put them back. I just pushed an awl through the lower holes in the bumper...

more pics here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=68136
Old 7/23/07, 06:45 PM

OK, thanks Kevin!

It does look pretty easy......

I got a voice message from the Moss Tech Dept. They said you do have to drill for the grill, and that they're going to change the product description on their website for the grill.

its easy to drill, and its all hidden by the stock pieces if you put them back. I just pushed an awl through the lower holes in the bumper...

more pics here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=68136

Quick Reply: Moss black billet grille installed!