05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

MODS TO SIDE SKIRTS?

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/05, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at the mustang pics and was thinking about how most people like the darker colors. I also was wondering why the darker colors look so different from the lighter colors when looking at the car from the side profile. Then I realized, in most pictures with dark cars the side skirts on the GTs (only the center ones between the wheels/underneath the doors) are darkened giving the stang a more "fit", "lean" look in the middle. With the lighter colors, the stang appears to have too much weight in the sideskirts making the wheels look too small and the car look to heavy. Even when the car is lowered, it still doesn't seem to fix the problem. So I was playing with this pic editor I got and blacked out about half of the center side skirt and bingo, even the light colored mustangs looked great. I was just curious if anyone had tried to mod this yet and if this "fat" problem could be remedied by removing the skirts all together, or if a modification woudl be needed. I have no idea what the car looks like without the side skirts. Based on what the car looked like that I was working on, it appears that atleast half of the side skirts should remain. Any opinions? Comments? Pictures? :scratch:
Old 9/14/05, 02:36 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I have to agree the Mustang GT looks fat.

There are more pics in my gallery-see sig. Including ones before the black rocker mouldings.

Old 9/14/05, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the painted side skirts. it makes it look lower than the v6 one. I notice this on a lot of different cars. base models are black.top models painted. I would think most people you ask even no mustang owners will like them on and painted. They put it on the GT for a reason..upgrade..i'm sure it was discussed in the design process. I would leave them on imo.
Old 9/14/05, 08:46 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
For my tastes it looks better with the unpainted pieces (obviously, or I wouldn't have swapped them) and as a bonus they're MUCH easier to clean!