05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Modified CDC Shaker Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/06, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted this in the GT Performance forum also, but I thought some of you who don't visit there often might be interested as well.

Back in August, I put in my CDC Shaker Scoop. Last week, I installed a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger, which required significant modification to the Shaker. Even though it is no longer "functional", it still pays homage to the 69 Mach 1's I love so much!! Plus, I had a big hole in my hood to fill, so it was going to stay on no matter what. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

For the time being, I had to mock-up some temporary mounting brackets. The front bracket is nothing more than strip of metal strapping bent to shape to hold the front of the shaker at the right height and centered, and another to keep the rear centered. This is just a temporary situation until I get better brackets designed/built. I also need to dress up the cut edges a little better. I just cut them with a dremel, and filed off the burrs. I haven't taken the time yet to try and make it look nice. Once I get the real brackets, I'll spend some time making the whole thing look better.

But the #1 important thing to me... is that it's on and I have a twin screw under it. Mission accomplished!!!

Here are a few pics of the way it is now:

Old 2/3/06, 02:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow that looks great don [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I especially like the "Supercharged" lettering on the side of the shaker scoop.
Old 2/3/06, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liek it, but since you went and cut it up, you coulda made the shaker still functional. You coulda made a air intake hose come out the side and directly to ur TB. with some silicone elbows, and some clamps it'd look cool. possibly, if done right. - Roger
Old 2/3/06, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Looks great Don [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Been following your supercharge install in the performance section and it really looks like evrything turned out great. The Shaker just looks awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] . Cant wait to get mine. Should be here next week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, guys!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippiehead025 @ February 3, 2006, 1:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I liek it, but since you went and cut it up, you coulda made the shaker still functional. You coulda made a air intake hose come out the side and directly to ur TB. with some silicone elbows, and some clamps it'd look cool. possibly, if done right. - Roger
[/b][/quote]

Are you suggesting that I bypass the airfilter and MAF of the supercharger CAI? If so, I'm not sure that would be very helpful to the long-term life expectancy of my engine.