Old 7/9/08, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We want the pics!
Old 7/9/08, 09:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blbrchnk
We want the pics!
Patience buddy! The one thing Marcello won't do, is take a picture of a piece and show it to potential customers that isn't up to his company's standards. We'll get the pictures as soon as he and the piece is ready!! With his stuff, you won't be disappointed, TRUST ME!!!
Old 7/10/08, 07:09 AM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL

Alright, I shot these a couple days ago, as I said above I can't compare to the original prototype right now due to the Humpty-Dumpty syndrome, but we're getting some resin to hopefully put that back together for comparison's sake. Anyway, these pictures are still "in the white" but the next pictures I have will hopefully be from Mustang Week when we get some pictures of them on a actual car again, and this time the piece will be painted in black like the production pieces are going to be.

Notice the fit of the top edge - completely redesigned, as well as the fit to the edge corners, and the way we have the honeycomb repeating "properly" without creating a diamond pattern where the factory end pieces and our piece meets.
Attached Images    
Old 7/10/08, 07:18 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy attention to detail Batman!
Old 7/10/08, 08:20 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
SWEET! My baby's gonna be so happy with this guarding her soft spot. Now I'm gonna have to get the front license plate off and do something different so everyone can see this mod.
Old 7/10/08, 08:46 AM
Cobra Member

Looks great, I like that!
Old 7/10/08, 12:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't wait & Thank-You Marcell for all the hard work going into it !
Old 7/10/08, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll take one!
Old 7/10/08, 01:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Depending price maybe I'll take two just incase!
PS I do not see this on Silverhorse web so please give item number when ready so as I can have it fast. the hick stores here have NOTHING always blows them away so of course I have to tell them where to go = get them lol

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 7/10/08 at 01:19 PM.
Old 7/10/08, 03:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Alright, I'll get on it, but I want some better pictures, and it won't be available for order until we get a lot closer to production. Anyone at Mustang Week though will get a good look at the prototype, and we'll be sure to get some good pictures at that time for the site.

THANKS!!

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 7/10/08 at 03:07 PM.
Old 8/1/08, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry for the bump, but I really need the protection for the intercooler now! LOL

Any updates on pre-orders???
Old 8/3/08, 08:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No sweat on the bump - took pictures installed on a customer car at Mustang Week, guess I should post them up I'll try and get to it tomorrow while at the office.

The tool is coming along, the supplier of the A&B plates (the large mass objects that turn into the mold) were behind on delivery, but we're expecting them to be delivered Wednesday. August is looking wose & worse right now, but September is hopeful... I hate this stage because there is no speeding it up - it just takes time to get from solid plates to precision molds that can accurately and consistently produce parts for everyone..
Old 8/3/08, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds pretty good, September is fine with me, just spent some money on my stereo system so I have to chill out a bit on mods for now.
Old 8/4/08, 03:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Appreciate the update Marcello, I realize this is a time comsuming process, now if I could just be a bit more patient... LOL
Old 8/4/08, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not really feeling the pony emblem in the middle, but cool nonetheless.
Old 8/4/08, 12:45 PM

the SHR piece isnt the one with the pony emblem in the middle. Check out post #103 for the SHR pre-production pictures
Old 8/4/08, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
LOL

Alright, I shot these a couple days ago, as I said above I can't compare to the original prototype right now due to the Humpty-Dumpty syndrome, but we're getting some resin to hopefully put that back together for comparison's sake. Anyway, these pictures are still "in the white" but the next pictures I have will hopefully be from Mustang Week when we get some pictures of them on a actual car again, and this time the piece will be painted in black like the production pieces are going to be.

Notice the fit of the top edge - completely redesigned, as well as the fit to the edge corners, and the way we have the honeycomb repeating "properly" without creating a diamond pattern where the factory end pieces and our piece meets.
It's hard to tell with the white. Is there a background peice behind it? Or is it completely closed off, i.e. no holes for ventilation?
Old 8/4/08, 07:53 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Shadow= hollow flash on wall behind part in photo - if you're going to make a part like this, it has to work

So to answer, it flows air, I wouldn't do it any other way.
Old 8/4/08, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Shadow= hollow flash on wall behind part in photo - if you're going to make a part like this, it has to work

So to answer, it flows air, I wouldn't do it any other way.
Of course!
Old 8/6/08, 04:22 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Pre-production piece on car

Ok, here it is

Please note - the two end pieces do not line up "perfectly" with our piece in this photo because we did not lock them back into the closed position. If I had, it would have been very difficult at the show to safely remove the prototype from this car. So the slight mismatch that you can see on the passenger side is caused by this - when you lock it in (which we have done on the sample bumper we have) everything lines up perfect.

Also, remember this is a white prototype that has been painted - production pieces will match the OEM finish like our GT inserts do now.

Hopefully, other than those two minor details, everyone can see how we're getting the fit and finish to come out on this newest piece and why sometimes we take longer to get the piece to market. Speaking of which, August is not going to happen without divine intervention at this point, so if anyone is asking, we're looking at September - the supplier of the base plates for the mold was behind in getting us our tool plates, and so even though they were ordered in June, they were late getting them out to us. This of course pushes back tool development, sampling, etc... right down the line into production.

Ok, carry on
Attached Images   

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 8/6/08 at 04:25 PM. Reason: added 2nd photo

Quick Reply: Lower Grille for our CS's