05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Lower Grille for our CS's

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/08, 10:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougxox
Hey Marcello, how about some photos of the new place?
Yeah, we need to do that

We took a bunch of nice ones already, just need to web-size them and get them posted up for everyone. The place is really nice, inside and out - plus it has room for us to actually carry some real amounts of inventory, which is good now that the new CNC machines are all coming on-line and producing parts like mad!

I'll see about getting some posted here sooner rather than later.
Old 5/28/08, 02:55 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, while not a picture of our new shop just yet (just need to touch up for the web and resize...) I thought you guys might be more interested in this picture. Feel free to share, all the "important" details of our mounting methods and stuff are still hidden in this shot of the software model.

First prototype did the job it needed to, and so second (and hopefully final) prototype is being made now. I expect to have it in-hand by next Friday, at which point we can evaluate if we need to make more changes or if it is ready for production. In any case, it is a nice looking piece, will really finish off the front end of these cars correctly. (If I do say so myself )
Attached Thumbnails Lower Grille for our CS's-image-inserts.jpg  
Old 5/28/08, 03:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I am so looking forward to this mod. It will really finish the front of the car off. I just wish I didn't have to have that stupid license plate mounted on the front. It just kills the looks.
Old 5/28/08, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this looks like its going be a nice product, i cant wait till its finished.. i do agree that our front ends have been left a bit open, and this looks like it will finish it off perfectly
Old 5/28/08, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the teaser pic.
Old 6/7/08, 06:07 PM
Legacy Tms Member

This should make someone's weekend :)

Here you go, installed and fitted to a 2008 GT/CS on the showroom floor (literally).

PLEASE NOTE THAT PRODUCTION WILL BE BLACK (prototypes are different colors to help see flaws) - that said...
  • Installation takes currently about one minute It may be longer in production pieces, but that depends on the next thing...
  • I'm taking some measurements with this piece and making the CAD models a little different - I'm not happy with the "look" installed. It looked great in the software world, but as usual, we now have to go through a second round to make some minor changes prior to production... (same thing has happened with every part we've made to date, why be different now?) If the "flattening" of the part (I think it is currently too pointy) moves the back too far, we'll need to add a couple of clips to the piece at the top and bottom, requiring removal of the bottom shield for installation - if it doesn't move too far, then the clips may not be required. Other than the V being too great, I think everything else worked out real well.
  • Even the salesmen said that this was exactly what the car needed - definitely finishing off the front end of the car and hiding the condensor and radiator from cats, birds, rocks, etc...
Realize that I did this to a car on a dealer's floor, people were standing there watching this happen, and it was done with no tools and no damage to a brand new car. I know the picture isn't the best, but I only had my camera phone at the time, didn't expect to see the car at the same time I had the prototype in hand - just got lucky

Ok, enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Lower Grille for our CS's-showroom-web-shot.jpg  

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 6/7/08 at 06:08 PM.
Old 6/7/08, 06:55 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I'm excited Thanks for the teaser pics
Old 6/7/08, 07:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that looks slick!!!
Old 6/7/08, 08:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
If the "flattening" of the part (I think it is currently too pointy) moves the back too far, we'll need to add a couple of clips to the piece at the top and bottom, requiring removal of the bottom shield for installation - if it doesn't move too far, then the clips may not be required.
From the pic, it looks like the point of the piece matches the bumper/bottom shield, of course, the picture isn't the best quality.
Old 6/7/08, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Once again you have outdone yourself!!!

I want to say stop being so picky and get this into production so I can place my order, but I know how you are, and I know the quality you produce.

So I'll continue to wait, but I WON'T LIKE IT!!!!!
Old 6/7/08, 08:57 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone's got to nominate Marcello for the Mustang Man of the Year Award. It seems so rare to see a parts producer put so much time, perfection and pride into every piece he produces.
Old 6/7/08, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Someone's got to nominate Marcello for the Mustang Man of the Year Award. It seems so rare to see a parts producer put so much time, perfection and pride into every piece he produces.
Absolutely! It could be very easy to rush these things out considering how they are in such demand, but he always makes sure the pieces are perfect.
Old 6/8/08, 05:08 AM
Cobra Member

I agree. To me, it's already there but I really like how he will keep going at it until it's perfection. Thank you Marcello for your hard work and great products
Old 6/8/08, 02:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks (blush)

I didn't know there was an award for it - but heck, why not!

On the perfection thing, it stinks sometimes, but we want to make sure things are what they should be - why sell something you wouldn't be happy with if it was on your own car? Sure it takes time, and yes, we do lose sales over it, but it's a lot better to feel proud of the products you do release and hold your head high than to have to use a lot of marketing hype to move a less-than-quality piece...I'd much rather our customers be happy to tell their friends about us than to tell them about a bunch of work they had to do after the fact because it wasn't right to begin with.

With this piece, I felt that although it fit okay, that it didn't have the correct appearance once installed, so some slight adjustments now mean that everyone buying one should be happy with the way it looks when all is said and done, giving it an OEM fit and finish, rather than a "good" aftermarket part that is still obviously an aftermarket piece. The best compliment we get from people is when they don't even notice our part is there - and just ask what factory option gets them that look
Old 6/8/08, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Thanks (blush)

I didn't know there was an award for it - but heck, why not!

On the perfection thing, it stinks sometimes, but we want to make sure things are what they should be - why sell something you wouldn't be happy with if it was on your own car? Sure it takes time, and yes, we do lose sales over it, but it's a lot better to feel proud of the products you do release and hold your head high than to have to use a lot of marketing hype to move a less-than-quality piece...I'd much rather our customers be happy to tell their friends about us than to tell them about a bunch of work they had to do after the fact because it wasn't right to begin with.

With this piece, I felt that although it fit okay, that it didn't have the correct appearance once installed, so some slight adjustments now mean that everyone buying one should be happy with the way it looks when all is said and done, giving it an OEM fit and finish, rather than a "good" aftermarket part that is still obviously an aftermarket piece. The best compliment we get from people is when they don't even notice our part is there - and just ask what factory option gets them that look
Yea, that's real nice... now how about getting back to work??????

All kidding aside, there has never been a question about the quality of your products, and I for one am poud to have them on my car!!!!
Old 6/8/08, 02:36 PM
V6 Member

Looks great Marcello. I really need one, my heat exchanger is getting beat to death!
Attached Thumbnails Lower Grille for our CS's-stang_0408.jpg  
Old 6/8/08, 07:44 PM
V6 Member

I can't wait to place my order for this!
Old 6/9/08, 07:39 AM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Marcello,

Thanks for your attention to detail! By making the prototype a different color you can definitely see it is too "pointy" as the distance changes from leading edge of the lower bumper to the new filler piece as you look from the left to center to right. I want one of these as much as the next guy, but I believe in do it once, do ti right and I know you do too!

Thanks again.
Old 6/9/08, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JOEGTS
I can't wait to place my order for this!

x2....i'm planning a long road trip in aug.maybe i can get one before then.
Old 6/21/08, 10:10 PM

Any new updates? New pics? New anything? I'm interested to see how this is coming along!

Quick Reply: Lower Grille for our CS's