05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Lower Grille for our CS's

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/08 | 02:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok, well we need a local GT/CS owner to step up to the plate as word from Ford came down yesterday and they are not helping us with this one like they did with the GT. While it slows us down a little, it's not a big deal, we've done it the "hard" way on most of our other pieces, so this should go just fine.

So, local GT/CS in Central FL, or anyone that has a "torn up" GT/CS nose, we'd like to hear from you...
Old 2/24/08 | 05:52 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Nevermind - wev'e located one over the weekend and will have it in hand late this week to start working from.

Will keep everyone informed as things move forward. Expect mid-summer release given the timeframe to go through the entire process.
Old 2/24/08 | 06:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Nevermind - wev'e located one over the weekend and will have it in hand late this week to start working from.

Will keep everyone informed as things move forward. Expect mid-summer release given the timeframe to go through the entire process.
Glad to see the process has begun
Old 2/25/08 | 12:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Oh yeah, it's going to go into gear relatively quickly, I would like this to be a summer release, which would be a first for us, as we normally start these things in late Spring and deliver around Christmas.
Old 2/27/08 | 10:10 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well... today we took a brand new bumper out of the box, took some measurements, decided how we were going to attack the production piece, and hacked the new bumper into pieces.

Nothing like destroying a perfectly good part to get something out of it to get your blood flowing. Scanning should take maybe a week to sort out, then from there we will move into the modeling phase. I've got some nice ideas on how we're going to make this part not only functional, but also help stabilize the opening so that 5 years from now the bumper doesn't start sagging like the old GT's were known for in the Fox era...

Enjoy
Attached Images   
Old 2/28/08 | 05:42 AM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

I'm glad to see progress is moving with this project. The sacrificial CS bumper shall yield great rewards for some hard work and ingenuity. I, as many are, am waiting patiently to see what you have in store for us. As some of the one off's have shown how nice this mod will look.
Old 2/29/08 | 03:14 PM
Legacy Tms Member

And I think the one-offs were very well executed pieces. We will of course be able to do a bit more "fine tuning" of the concept to make a OEM looking piece, and make it so that it mounts up with a minimum of fuss.

I expect the scanning and modeling phase should take us around a month. Once we have all the details ironed out, we will post up CAD models. In the meantime, any requests are open and on the table for inclusion into the final production piece, but realize that there will be only one production piece made, so all the design elements that go into it will not be options but in the final design.

So far:
  • Honeycomb insert open for airflow, laid out to match OEM above and to both sides.
  • Perimeter frame enclosing honeycomb, similar to top grill
  • V-shape to centerline
  • depth to match side inserts
  • channel to receive and help support urethane bumper
Old 2/29/08 | 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Darn, another product I'm going to have to buy from SHR.

Can't wait to see it, I like all the points you highlighted above for design features.
Old 3/24/08 | 02:59 PM
V6 Member

I can't wait to get one of these. I may have to drive the hour to pick-up instead of waiting for it to be shipped.
Old 5/19/08 | 04:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Marcello, can you add any info to how this mod is coming? I just ordered a GT/CS front clip, and want to add this to it as soon as its out. When you get a chance to update us, that would be super!!!
Old 5/19/08 | 06:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Got an e-mail from Marcello a week or so ago, still sorting things out from the move but was expecting some proto types soon for fit.
Old 5/20/08 | 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm with Jeff. The second they are for sale I'm on one!!!!!
Old 5/21/08 | 12:31 AM
Cobra Member

+1 Buying them asap! Last exterior mod in the puzzle (well... I've begun to think of changing the grille )
Old 5/22/08 | 08:54 PM
Legacy Tms Member

First "real" prototype has been reviewed, adjustments are being worked up in the software world, and we'll have what should be the final production software models over the long weekend. As usual, when we took what looked good on the computer and turned it into a part, some minor tweaks were required, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Everything is going well for our end-of-summer introduction of this piece.

It is a "tool-less" (snap-in) design that should work out well. We went from screw-in, to bolt-in, to no threaded stuff at all, and it seems to be the best idea we've had. The completed look should be pretty seamless and OEM, as usual for our stuff

And yes, the move went almost 2 months ahead of schedule, we've already had a small open house with "pony drive USA", and to keep up with production demands we've taken delivery of our new vertical machining center, and we have a new production saw coming next week in addition to everything we already had...

(one day soon I'm taking a vacation without the laptop along!!)

By the way, anyone have a line on a good forklift for cheap? Nothing like needing to be able to load 700 lb. bars of aluminum onto our new material handling racks...
Old 5/22/08 | 09:24 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the update. Just tell me when to slide the card...
Old 5/22/08 | 09:39 PM
Post *****

Thanks for the update Marcello. New digs sound great. You deserve your success you make great products.
Old 5/23/08 | 05:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Will that new CS lower bumper grille accept the driving lights offered by Carroll Shelby? Just a thought.
Old 5/23/08 | 08:13 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Poco
Will that new CS lower bumper grille accept the driving lights offered by Carroll Shelby? Just a thought.
With some minor trimming to our mounting method, they should work fine. I'd really need to see a set in person to be able to make a 100% determination on how the fitment would go, but given that they go where the original honeycomb grills were, and they have some offset to the outer edges, it should be possible.
Old 5/23/08 | 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's great news, I know your piece combined with those lights/brake ducts will be SWEEEEET!

Can always count on you Marcello, now if Shelby can get the proDUCKtionS in a row.....

Last edited by EastCoast07GtCs; 5/23/08 at 08:12 PM.
Old 5/24/08 | 02:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey Marcello, how about some photos of the new place?

Quick Reply: Lower Grille for our CS's