05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Look what's next for my Pony...

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/11, 06:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UMich97
I think you made a good choice. Those are sharp! I never really compared the various C-Stripes, but would agree the Saleen ones look good, so those are a good choice.

I've been debating stripes for a long time myself, but my Stang is black, so it's not only a debate of which stripes, but also if I want any stripes at all. Most of the colors look better with stripes (IMO), but with black I go back and forth on whether or not I want stripes.
I have been thinking it depends on how much you want the stripes to "pop". Red and Grabber blue would definitely pop against black. Gold and silver give contrast but are more subtle. A shade of gray metallic is a little more stealth while I think matte back over gloss black is a why bother although some people do like that look. I am not so much a fan of white stripes unless they are on a color like red or blue.
Old 1/14/11, 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did a quick photoshop of the BOSS 302 decals and the S197 body. It looks like the "C" stripe will line up pretty decent. The only part for some concern might be the rear marker light. Even though there is some distortion in the 302 pix, as it was taken from a low angle and taking into account for parallax error in it's height and length the stripes seem to fit pretty good on our older body style.

Old 1/15/11, 11:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
did a quick photoshop of the BOSS 302 decals and the S197 body. It looks like the "C" stripe will line up pretty decent. The only part for some concern might be the rear marker light. Even though there is some distortion in the 302 pix, as it was taken from a low angle and taking into account for parallax error in it's height and length the stripes seem to fit pretty good on our older body style.

That is very interesting what you did! You mean to tell me the front of the 05-09 is that much longer and has a higher hood than the 10+ ? I never realized it was reduced that much. I knew about the rear though.

Looks like the stripes will work fine. You may have to have some custom work done for the rear marker stripes but it should really be no big deal to have some made up that work. Some people don't use the marker stripes at all. I guess it depends if you like it there or not.

It's been a snowy icy mess where I live lately and I have yet to move forward with my stripe project, but it has to happen. I absolute hate this car white without a stripe! You know my original intention of buying a white car was to put blue lemans stripes on it to make it look like my first car which was a 1976 Cobra II V8. I changed my mind because I liked the black rocker stripes so much. I really enjoy the black and white contrast.

Last edited by watchdevil; 1/15/11 at 11:49 PM.
Old 1/20/11, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't think the 2010 is lower or shorter. The 302 pic was taken at a low angle so due to paralax error from the lens the roof and hood look shorter (think fish-eye). Also the line drawing from Ford is a 2D profile view and they tend to be a bit wonky.

The door is the same size and that's all that mattered for comparison. I could live with a few mm gaps here and there on the 302 stripes. I'm thinking I could live without the marker stripes.

Yeah, this project will have to wait for me as well. You can never get vinyl to properly adhered when it's applied at a temp under 68deg.
Old 1/20/11, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

stripe

Nice work Steven, how about lowering it so that the lower portion is centered in the space below the hockey stick? and maybe follow the rear portion inline with the front, not over the rear side marker???
Old 1/21/11, 06:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I don't think the 2010 is lower or shorter. The 302 pic was taken at a low angle so due to paralax error from the lens the roof and hood look shorter (think fish-eye). Also the line drawing from Ford is a 2D profile view and they tend to be a bit wonky.

The door is the same size and that's all that mattered for comparison. I could live with a few mm gaps here and there on the 302 stripes. I'm thinking I could live without the marker stripes.

Yeah, this project will have to wait for me as well. You can never get vinyl to properly adhered when it's applied at a temp under 68deg.
I was referring to the front end of the 05-09 looking longer than the 10+ which appears to have greatly reduced mass.
Old 1/22/11, 02:13 PM
V6 Member

c-stripes

graphic-express has a good selection of c-stripes with or without cut outs and any color. this is where i ordered mine
Old 1/22/11, 09:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by white08gt
graphic-express has a good selection of c-stripes with or without cut outs and any color. this is where i ordered mine
They have the two hood stripe styles I am interested in but the reverse "C-stripe kit is not proportioned correctly. The curved corners in the "C" are too rounded and the rocker stripe is too thin.
Old 1/31/11, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did another photoshop... this time i found a 2006 GT with almost the same profile and angle of photo.

Looks pretty conclusive to me that the main C decals from the 2012 Boss 302 will fit directly to our older cars. The rear tail decal is completely wrong cos of the side marker light. I can live without that bit.

Or can just order similar from Auto Trim Design... http://www.autotrimdesign.net/items_25149.html

Last edited by Little Black Pony; 1/31/11 at 03:17 PM.
Old 2/1/11, 12:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Check this out! I think I prefer the faster look of this stripe...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GETAW...ht_6471wt_1044
Attached Thumbnails Look what's next for my Pony...-bossstripesmopro3.jpg   Look what's next for my Pony...-bossstripesmopro2.jpg   Look what's next for my Pony...-mopro-bossstripe1.jpg  

Last edited by watchdevil; 2/2/11 at 01:59 AM.
Old 2/1/11, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Those are the BEST looking so far!!

Wonder if they would swap out the Rear Rocker stripe from their "Fastback 1" stripe kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FASTB...ht_6425wt_1034

Last edited by Little Black Pony; 2/1/11 at 12:49 PM.
Old 2/2/11, 02:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Those are the BEST looking so far!!

Wonder if they would swap out the Rear Rocker stripe from their "Fastback 1" stripe kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FASTB...ht_6425wt_1034
I just replaced the smaller images with larger ones.

These are IT man! These are proportioned very closely to the actual 2012 Boss 302 stripes. I am glad I waited a little longer to find these.

I do not think you need to worry about the cut around the rear sidemarker lamp. The 2010+ lamps are smaller and it will be very easy to enlarge the cut of the stripe around the larger 05-09 style rear sidemarkers.

Now all I need to do is order them!
Old 2/2/11, 06:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Are you sure they will work on an 05-09? I know the profile appears to be similar, but the depth of the curves on the door may be different (hard to tell from a profile image). Not trying to burst any bubbles, just something you might want to double check, as those stripes aren't exactly cheap if you find out they don't line up right on an 05-09.
Old 2/2/11, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Are you sure they will work on an 05-09? I know the profile appears to be similar, but the depth of the curves on the door may be different (hard to tell from a profile image). Not trying to burst any bubbles, just something you might want to double check, as those stripes aren't exactly cheap if you find out they don't line up right on an 05-09.
The stripes have no special contour for the depth of the door cove and will conform to whatever contour there is. The only place the stripe comes in contact with a contoured line is on the lower front fender.

This stripe is gonna do exactly what I want it to do and that is come nicely below the upper bodyside line.
Old 2/4/11, 12:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Interesting to find a pic of a 1970 Standard Sportroof with a 1969 style Boss C stripe...
Attached Thumbnails Look what's next for my Pony...-redsportsroof.jpg  

Last edited by watchdevil; 2/5/11 at 12:57 AM.
Old 2/4/11, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
The stripes have no special contour for the depth of the door cove and will conform to whatever contour there is. The only place the stripe comes in contact with a contoured line is on the lower front fender.

This stripe is gonna do exactly what I want it to do and that is come nicely below the upper bodyside line.
Cool. If you pick up a set, definitely post some pics.
Old 2/4/11, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cool. If you pick up a set, definitely post some pics.
Will do!!!
Old 2/24/11, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Spoke with the guys from MoProAuto www.moproauto.com about the Getaway graphic fitting our cars...
Hi, our production department won't split these kits up, so they can only be purchased as shown in the pictures. We don't believe there is a big difference in the back marker lights, so you may be able to custom trim the GetAway graphic to fit, but we can't guarantee it will work.
The graphics are no longer on ebay... poop

Last edited by Little Black Pony; 2/24/11 at 09:52 AM.
Old 2/24/11, 10:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Spoke with the guys from MoProAuto www.moproauto.com about the Getaway graphic fitting our cars...

The graphics are no longer on ebay... poop
No matter.... Buy them here instead...

http://www.rjwmotorsports.com/p/2010-mustang-c-stripe

I ordered my set from them and got the kit a few days ago. I am right now recovering from emergency open heart surgery. Sometime during this recovery time I am going to have someone in my family take my car to have the stripes put on. I cannot drive for four weeks.

Last edited by watchdevil; 3/5/11 at 09:26 PM.
Old 3/5/11, 09:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Getting close to getting my stripes put on. Unfortunately the stripes on the rear quarters around the marker lamps are a no match since the 2010 lamps are way offset from the 05-09 ones and I am going need to have those custom made.

Quick Reply: Look what's next for my Pony...