05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Look what's next for my Pony...

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/10, 12:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Look what's next for my Pony...

Saleen C-Stripes & a hood stripe...

I have decided on the C-stripes and they are on the way. I am still muddling around about which which hood stripe I want to use.
Attached Thumbnails Look what's next for my Pony...-203881_7b0e3ad7_cba9_4f1d_9357_2e89562a9a33.jpg   Look what's next for my Pony...-skh12s_a.jpg  

Last edited by watchdevil; 12/27/10 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12/27/10, 03:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool watchdevil. Post some pics when you get them installed!
Old 12/28/10, 01:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have had the most difficult time deciding on a hood stripe. I had the Mach 1 style on it once before. I put it on crooked enough that it bugged me so I took it off after a while. The hood looks too plain with nothing there so I want something else back on it. I decided that I do want something that leaves the front of the hood uncovered like many of the 2010+ styled hood stripes. What is selling me on the style I showed above is the thin perimeter pinstripe that will match the C-stripes. I kept going back and forth between two different styles but I think I have finally locked in on the one I want.

When the new Boss 302 showed off it's C-stripe it was an instant love for me. I got genuine Saleen stripes at a great price and they are on the way now. They are the closest match to the exact shape of the new Boss stripe. I have looked at every other C-stripe available and none of them are proportioned correctly but the Saleen style.
Attached Thumbnails Look what's next for my Pony...-2008_h302_25_29_055.jpg   Look what's next for my Pony...-2008_00063_04.jpg   Look what's next for my Pony...-2008_00063_01.jpg  

Last edited by watchdevil; 12/28/10 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12/28/10, 09:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think you made a good choice. Those are sharp! I never really compared the various C-Stripes, but would agree the Saleen ones look good, so those are a good choice.

I've been debating stripes for a long time myself, but my Stang is black, so it's not only a debate of which stripes, but also if I want any stripes at all. Most of the colors look better with stripes (IMO), but with black I go back and forth on whether or not I want stripes.
Old 12/28/10, 11:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by UMich97
I think you made a good choice. Those are sharp! I never really compared the various C-Stripes, but would agree the Saleen ones look good, so those are a good choice.

I've been debating stripes for a long time myself, but my Stang is black, so it's not only a debate of which stripes, but also if I want any stripes at all. Most of the colors look better with stripes (IMO), but with black I go back and forth on whether or not I want stripes.
Black is tricky and I usually prefer all-black cars to stay all black. I think the only exception is that I always liked a red rocker stripe on a black Mustang and I could even go for the Boss stripe in red, but nothing much more.

Last edited by watchdevil; 12/29/10 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12/29/10, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Watchdevil, where did you order your Saleen C stripes from. I've been looking everywhere for Saleen stripes with no luck...
Old 12/29/10, 06:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
Watchdevil, where did you order your Saleen C stripes from. I've been looking everywhere for Saleen stripes with no luck...
ebay! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Salee...#ht_500wt_1182
Old 12/29/10, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well the original rocker stripes and pony fender emblems are removed in preperation for the new C-stripes. My car looks sadly boring and uninspiring with no stripes.
Old 12/30/10, 08:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

ARGH! Don't get too excited about the Saleen stripes. There is a cutout in the fender decals for the 302 Heritage nameplate. I expected these to be solid... Gotta figure a plan B.
Old 12/30/10, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, that's frustrating. Think it is something that you could work around?

I had looked at these C-Stripes (not quite as nice as the Saleen ones), but wasn't familiar with the company. Well, that and my continuing debate on what stripes or no stripes I'd actually put on my vehicle.

http://www.graphic-express.com/k103_...s_c-stripe.asp
Old 12/31/10, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, that's frustrating. Think it is something that you could work around?

I had looked at these C-Stripes (not quite as nice as the Saleen ones), but wasn't familiar with the company. Well, that and my continuing debate on what stripes or no stripes I'd actually put on my vehicle.

http://www.graphic-express.com/k103_...s_c-stripe.asp
Well after discovering that the Saleen stripes have the emblem cutout I thought about a workaround by just eliminating the section around the emblem. However that just did not satisfy me as I want the continuity of the stripe running under the fender emblems. I did not want to do an inlaid patch with seams showing or overlapping. I am thinking I may have to contact a local stripe and decal company and see if they can make me some alternate C sections that are solid. I hate to waste what is a really good stripe kit otherwise.

I do know one thing... I used to be able to put on decals and stripes by myself with good success. However, I am just not good at it anymore as evidenced by my failed hoodstripe attempt. I am going to get someone else to do it.

Graphics express is a good company and I have purchased from them in the past. What held me back on the C-stripes they offer is the shape of the C portion being off (corners too rounded) and the rocker stripe is way too thin. I just happen to be particular about authentic proportions and things like this may not bother most people.

Last edited by watchdevil; 12/31/10 at 08:39 AM.
Old 1/4/11, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

What held me back on the C-stripes they offer is the shape of the C portion being off (corners too rounded) and the rocker stripe is way too thin. I just happen to be particular about authentic proportions and things like this may not bother most people.
Exactly what I was thinking!

My trouble is that I want to get them in red. I might have to resort to buying the Saleen C stripes in black and having my local vinyl shop recreate them in red w/o the cut outs.
Old 1/4/11, 11:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Exactly what I was thinking!

My trouble is that I want to get them in red. I might have to resort to buying the Saleen C stripes in black and having my local vinyl shop recreate them in red w/o the cut outs.
Red will look great on a black car! I would check to see if you can get some stripes in red or custom done in red without having to buy a set of Saleen stripes to duplicate them.

I just found another set of C-stripes on eBay that are close... See what ya'll think....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

I found this other one too. The more forward thrust of the fender section decal was interesting to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...#ht_1404wt_939

Last edited by watchdevil; 1/4/11 at 11:15 PM.
Old 1/4/11, 11:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

More factory references...
Attached Thumbnails Look what's next for my Pony...-1969whiteboss302.jpg   Look what's next for my Pony...-800x600_2012mustang_boss_03.jpg   Look what's next for my Pony...-2012-mustang-boss302production-s.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 1/5/11, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Graphics express is a good company and I have purchased from them in the past. What held me back on the C-stripes they offer is the shape of the C portion being off (corners too rounded) and the rocker stripe is way too thin. I just happen to be particular about authentic proportions and things like this may not bother most people.
The difference in the shape of the C didn't jump out at me, but I have to admit the rocker stripe didn't look right.....just the only other place I've seen decent ones. Not sure about the ebay ones, but I've never been a huge ebay fan. Too many experiences with bad product on ebay.

No surprise, but the 2012 Boss C-Stripes look the best.
Old 1/5/11, 10:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Saleen C-Stripes & a hood stripe...

I have decided on the C-stripes and they are on the way. I am still muddling around about which which hood stripe I want to use.
If I were you, I wouldn't do the the hood stripe you posted on the first post. Just reminds me of the new camaros. I would definitely do the Boss Hood stripe on the new performance white style mustang and then you can add a pinstripe to make it look similar to your C-style stripes. Just my .02 cents but do what you want to do - it's your car buddy.
Attached Images  
Old 1/6/11, 11:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No surprise, but the 2012 Boss C-Stripes look the best.
The 2012 Boss C-stripes are definitely tight!
Old 1/6/11, 11:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LvMyStang
If I were you, I wouldn't do the the hood stripe you posted on the first post. Just reminds me of the new camaros. I would definitely do the Boss Hood stripe on the new performance white style mustang and then you can add a pinstripe to make it look similar to your C-style stripes. Just my .02 cents but do what you want to do - it's your car buddy.
Ya know by next week I probably will change my mind again on the hood stripe style.

My car is stripeless at the rockers now and I hate it.... The absence of rocker stripes do something that makes the lower bodysides too tall and blocky.

Last edited by watchdevil; 1/6/11 at 11:28 PM.
Old 1/8/11, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

i wonder if the 2012 Boss 302 stripes would fit our cars??
Old 1/9/11, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i wonder if the 2012 Boss 302 stripes would fit our cars??
I don't see why not. The major alignment is just under the lower door crease that makes up the sculpture leading to the "C" scoop on the quarter panel. There may be a slight variation how high it comes up onto the upper bodyside line and around the door handle. There is also going to be a major variation with the stripe around the rear side marker lamp area because it is a different shape that previous years.

With all this cold weather I have not been so motivated to do anything about the C-stripe despite the fact that I have stripped off my rocker stripes and pony emblems in prep for the new stripes. I do hate the car being without stripes.

Last edited by watchdevil; 1/9/11 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Look what's next for my Pony...