05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Legend Spoiler & V6 Badges Installed

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/06, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, so most of you saw my recent stripe addition to my car and I appreciate everyone’s positive and constructive feedback. If I ever get that California dream hood, I will probably have these stripes painted on since I like them so much.

A lot of you requested more pics, preferably in day light and I said I would post them, but first I decided to dress up the car a little bit more. I have now added the following:

• 4.0 Trunk Emblem
• (2) Running Pony Fender Emblems (taken from a 66 stang resto site)
• UPR AC and Door Lock *****

And finally, the best part:

• Legend Shelby Style Wing

I actually just went to the Washington DC car show and saw the Shelby and when I bought the wing, I didn’t realize it would be the same as the Shelby, but sure enough it was. But I like it and love the look it gives the car.

I also saw the Challenger concept car and I must say, wow. Absolutely gorgeous car! I have pics of that one too, but that will be another thread.

You can find more pics of these at my web site, http://www.rygen.net/stang

Well, here are the pics, let me know what you think!

Old 1/28/06, 01:05 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great I love the spoiler and the 4.0 pride whats next rygen? you just keep em coming looking great man.
Old 1/28/06, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by DrumStyxs10@January 28, 2006, 3:08 PM
looks great I love the spoiler and the 4.0 pride whats next rygen? you just keep em coming looking great man.
Thanks!!! On Feb 3rd, Excessive is doing the following:

-dyno the TI tune
-install my X pipe
-develop a 100HP shot Zex tune
-top secret modification

LOL.
Old 1/28/06, 01:29 PM
MSP
Banned

Thats Gorgeous RaginStormlocke!! Nice job man... You have a beautiful Mustang! Are you going to run the stripes over the spoiler soon? That looks like thats all thats missing, and your done on the outside of the car..
Old 1/28/06, 01:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the stripes, spoiler and the ponies, but to be honest the placement of the "4.0" just doesn't "do it" for me. I think it's shoved a bit too far into the corner of the decklid.

Overall a big tho'
Old 1/28/06, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 28, 2006, 4:02 PM
Love the stripes, spoiler and the ponies, but to be honest the placement of the "4.0" just doesn't "do it" for me. I think it's shoved a bit too far into the corner of the decklid.

Overall a big tho'
I actually appreciate your candidness, cause I was looking hard at it just now wondering if I need to heat it up and reposition it. I'll try that see how it looks.

Thanks man!
Old 1/28/06, 02:12 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 28, 2006, 1:11 PM
I actually appreciate your candidness, cause I was looking hard at it just now wondering if I need to heat it up and reposition it. I'll try that see how it looks.

Thanks man!

I think it looks perfect... Please dont heat it up and move it, based on one opinion... I like it.. Now thats two opposing opinions.. Which means 2 votes for leaving it, cause thats where you put it.. So you and I both agree, its perfect... PKiley has been out voted on this one.. LOL!!
Old 1/28/06, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Yeah dont move it i think i am gunna have to go order one
Old 1/28/06, 02:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

I wasn't suggesting it had to be moved, just my opinion. If it were mine, I'd want just a bit more spacing to the decklid edges for a more "factory" look (stock emblems are rarely tucked completely into corners)

Something like this:

[attachmentid=43924]
Old 1/28/06, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by MSP@January 28, 2006, 4:15 PM
I think it looks perfect... Please dont heat it up and move it, based on one opinion... I like it.. Now thats two opposing opinions.. Which means 2 votes for leaving it, cause thats where you put it.. So you and I both agree, its perfect... PKiley has been out voted on this one.. LOL!!
Thanks MSP. Well, I'm gonna sleep on it. I think it may be one mm off, but I will think on it. But I think it looks cool on the decklid and displays our V6 pride.

For those of you considering this, there are two 4.0 emblems out:

1. At autobadges.com
2. V6mustangstuff.com

I first had the ones from autobadges.com and personally, I thought they looked very cheap. I put them on and took them off in the same 3 minutes.

The one from V6mustangstuff is thicker, has a nice chrome like finish and to me just is much higher quality.

With pony and 4.0 badges on all sides of the car, I hope wheen I smoke someone they know it was the new 6 banger stang. Though, I have also contacted the DMV and found several V6 combination custom license plates I can get. Am I sick or what.

I love the Stang!!!
Old 1/28/06, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 28, 2006, 4:34 PM
I wasn't suggesting it had to be moved, just my opinion. If it were mine, I'd want just a bit more spacing to the decklid edges for a more "factory" look (stock emblems are rarely tucked completely into corners)

Something like this:
[attachmentid=43924]

It's all good, thanks for this. I will sleep on it.
Old 1/28/06, 02:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 28, 2006, 4:37 PM
I love the Stang!!!
That's the most important part anyway
Old 1/28/06, 02:50 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 28, 2006, 1:40 PM
That's the most important part anyway

But thats kind of my Point PKiley, its not factory.. So in that sense, there is nothing to compare it to besides putting it where he originally thought it looked good... I understand your perspective, however I think it looks fine where it is... Your comparing it to a factory option that does not exist.. If it existed then you would have a point.. But it doesnt...

Now he is confused and must sleep on it... Taking away from him sleeping on installing a 2 stage Zex Nitrous system. Where he launches with a 100Shot of Nitrous, and has a timer that turns on the 150shot injector somewhere around 8.5 seconds... Then he is able to spool up the 4.10 gears enough to try for a 12 sec ET , and a 111 trap speed...

Now he will have to wait for 24 hours, or until he solves this problem you have created... LOL!!
Old 1/28/06, 03:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

I didn't realize a serious nitrous system was at stake....in that case I think the emblem is beyond perfect
Old 1/28/06, 03:10 PM

WOW! your car is just spectacular... really something to look at. nice work!
Old 1/28/06, 03:11 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 28, 2006, 2:08 PM
I didn't realize a serious nitrous system was at stake....in that case I think the emblem is beyond perfect

LOL!!

I am getting 2 of those running ponies... I gotta have them on my fender... I may just get a 3rd one, and put it where he has 4.0...

Has anyone done that yet? Put the running pony on the trunk deck..

Also, would it look bad putting 2 running ponys on the trunk? One on each side? Would that be too much?
Old 1/28/06, 03:36 PM
GT Member

The ones on the fender are a must, I think if you go look for the CDC ducktail they have it with one on the trunk or atleast on the spoiler i don't remember. I like keeping everything symetrical but I think that one on eachside might be a little much. I was thinkin about putting the 4.0's on the fenders and the pony on the trunk, but after seenign Rygen's setup I might just have to steal it!
Old 1/28/06, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by MSP@January 28, 2006, 4:53 PM
But thats kind of my Point PKiley, its not factory.. So in that sense, there is nothing to compare it to besides putting it where he originally thought it looked good... I understand your perspective, however I think it looks fine where it is... Your comparing it to a factory option that does not exist.. If it existed then you would have a point.. But it doesnt...

Now he is confused and must sleep on it... Taking away from him sleeping on installing a 2 stage Zex Nitrous system. Where he launches with a 100Shot of Nitrous, and has a timer that turns on the 150shot injector somewhere around 8.5 seconds... Then he is able to spool up the 4.10 gears enough to try for a 12 sec ET , and a 111 trap speed...

Now he will have to wait for 24 hours, or until he solves this problem you have created... LOL!!
LOL. Thanks MSP. Actually, I think Excessive has this figured out for me. I'm impressed you remember my 2-stage N20 questions from a long time ago!
Old 1/28/06, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by DrumStyxs10@January 28, 2006, 5:39 PM
The ones on the fender are a must, I think if you go look for the CDC ducktail they have it with one on the trunk or atleast on the spoiler i don't remember. I like keeping everything symetrical but I think that one on eachside might be a little much. I was thinkin about putting the 4.0's on the fenders and the pony on the trunk, but after seenign Rygen's setup I might just have to steal it!

The CDC does come with a running pony, usually placed on the passanger side of the spoiler. I almost bought it!

As for the running pony's, I got them from ebay.

@MSP,

I went through 3 different set's of running pony's till I had a set I liked. I can PM you the details if you like.
Old 1/28/06, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by tomahawk@January 28, 2006, 5:13 PM
WOW! your car is just spectacular... really something to look at. nice work!

Thanks man!

Quick Reply: Legend Spoiler & V6 Badges Installed