05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Latest Spy Cam on Srming's V6 Stang!

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/06, 09:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey john when you get some time could u take a shot of ur new scoop in the angle I have my car in my avatar PLEASE?? i've had my eye on that scoop forever and i'd love to see it at my avatar's angle [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] thanks
Old 2/9/06, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks awesome, alot like the '69 Boss 429 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Geez, I would love that scoop on my black stang. If only it were functional, with plumbing under the hood going right over the air filter.
Old 2/9/06, 11:30 PM
Bullitt Member

It does look pretty sweet! Man, from this point on, I've stayed away from cosmetic upgrades, but that hood's got my imagination going!

Still, I think I'll stick with the sleeper approach .....for now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

On another note, Rygen. I'm an Aquarius, too. In fact, my birthday is today (for another 30 minutes, at least)! The supercharger was my birthday present! ...too bad it's not here yet... that would really be reason to celebrate!
Old 2/9/06, 11:56 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 9, 2006, 10:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It does look pretty sweet! Man, from this point on, I've stayed away from cosmetic upgrades, but that hood's got my imagination going!

Still, I think I'll stick with the sleeper approach .....for now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

On another note, Rygen. I'm an Aquarius, too. In fact, my birthday is today (for another 30 minutes, at least)! The supercharger was my birthday present! ...too bad it's not here yet... that would really be reason to celebrate!
[/b][/quote]

Happy Birthday! Also, congrats on the supercharger!! You know the Tuner Wars are indeed a friendly affair.. We gotta push each other to do our absolute best.. Your still apart of the 05+ V6 family, so we're actually apart of the same team..

On a side note.. My deep contemplation has to do with how in the world we improve upon the 3.8L Mustangs.. Ford really gave those guys a huge gift with the stock motor.. Most of the ones we are able to know about
all pretty much have high 300RWHP numbers.. Like 360+RWHP.. On the high side they have 450RWHP...

I am thinking definately stage II heads and a cam are in order... My ultimate thought process consist of of course keeping our stock internals, while upgrading the heads and cam.. By adding the stage II heads, this will decrease our current boost values of our kits as they sit, due to increased exhaust flow.. Which means we will of course need smaller pulleys.. Also, when adding the stage II heads, we can also use the copper head shims to lower the compression ratio without swapping to dished pistons.. Then we can add the head studs while replacing the heads.. I am pretty sure this will be enough to get us to 450RWHP..

We still dont know ultimately how much boost the SOHC 4.0 can take, however Justin @ V6Power is talking about going no less than 12-14psi on the stock motor.. So that does make me re-think the overall strategy..

We still have yet to accomplish 400RWHP with 91 octane gas safely.. So its definately a step by step process... One of which I find myself thinking about endlessly.. Going over the numbers time and time again.. It is at the point of 450RWHP though, that the true heritage of our V6's will be born.. The best case scenario consist of getting there with least amount of mods possible..

I mean it should be easy to suggest when someone ask about it.. So our short term goals, no matter which power-adder is used will be 400RWHP with 91 Octane.. What is it going to take to get there safely? I guess nothing is ever safe..
Old 2/10/06, 12:34 AM
GT Member

I am lovin it john your car is simply beautiful. I wish I had the money to do performance and a little makeup as well. I am not gunna lie I am not a fan of the sleeper look as beyonce says "If you got it flaunt it" wow i just quoted beyonce lemme go to sleep now :insert smiley that is slapping himself silly:
Old 2/10/06, 01:27 AM
V6 Member

Please do us all a favor and go to sleep Drum HAHA! No more comments while under the influence of heavy sleepiness
Old 2/10/06, 05:57 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ManEHawke @ February 9, 2006, 11:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks awesome, alot like the '69 Boss 429 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Geez, I would love that scoop on my black stang. If only it were functional, with plumbing under the hood going right over the air filter.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah!!! I think that's the one Scott mentioned... a 1969 Boss 429... LOL! Scott is working on the kit to make it functional!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gash05 @ February 9, 2006, 11:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hey john when you get some time could u take a shot of ur new scoop in the angle I have my car in my avatar PLEASE?? i've had my eye on that scoop forever and i'd love to see it at my avatar's angle [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] thanks
[/b][/quote]

Will do.... may take me a few days... My camera is working over time covering the Dow Corning Tennis Classic... Michigan's only professional tennis event! ( www.dowcorningtennisclassic.com some of the pics are mine from last year.. The single champ pic is mine... even got credit... LOL!)
Old 2/10/06, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey, nice J. C. Whitney hoodscoop! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 10:55 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 10, 2006, 8:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Will do.... may take me a few days... My camera is working over time covering the Dow Corning Tennis Classic... Michigan's only professional tennis event! ( www.dowcorningtennisclassic.com some of the pics are mine from last year.. The single champ pic is mine... even got credit... LOL!)
[/b][/quote]

ok cool, thanks a bunch!
Old 2/10/06, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 10, 2006, 1:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Happy birthday man! What a great gift to expect on your birthday. Can't wait to see the install and get the details!!!!
Old 2/10/06, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 9, 2006, 9:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks pretty sweet. Im the resident gemini, so im always fighting with my other half over what to do. Luckily the performance half usually wins over the appearance half.

Theres a huge mustang meet here next month, i got to get crack on squeezin every bolt on HP out of this thing. Also focusing it on gettin it to the ground.
[/b][/quote]

Not quite the resident gemini.. You might have to fight me for that title.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Scoop looks great.. Im rethinking the design now.. especially if they can get it functional!
Old 2/10/06, 05:00 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zodiac @ February 10, 2006, 3:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not quite the resident gemini.. You might have to fight me for that title.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Scoop looks great.. Im rethinking the design now.. especially if they can get it functional!
[/b][/quote]

im older i win [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 05:03 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zodiac @ February 10, 2006, 1:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 10, 2006, 4:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
im older i win [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

This is indeed interesting... My best friend ever in life was a Gemini!! We went to college for 4rys together, and never once disagreed with eachother!!

Its strange how this astrological stuff works!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the "happy bdays" everyone.

30 hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been dreading the day I turned 30 for a long time. On the good side, I think it's safe to say I look and feel 25 (at least that's what my wife tells me...).
Old 2/10/06, 07:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 10, 2006, 10:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the "happy bdays" everyone.

30 hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been dreading the day I turned 30 for a long time. On the good side, I think it's safe to say I look and feel 25 (at least that's what my wife tells me...).
[/b][/quote]

Happy Birthday. Wait until you hit 40. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 08:48 PM
GT Member

Im stoked to hit 21....another 3 years geez.
Old 2/10/06, 10:47 PM
GT Member

some say 30 is the new 20 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 01:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Who knows... maybe you're right, Gash.

It just sounds old. I don't really feel 30, that's for sure! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 04:45 AM
Cobra Member

so am in the old fart in here???? I'll be 43 in August.... LOL!

My buddy is an Engineer at Ford... he's been showing my website to his co-workers... I asked him what they thought... He said, "well... they all think you must be 25 and single!" LOL! I simply refuse to grow up! LOL!
Old 2/11/06, 05:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 11, 2006, 7:48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
so am in the old fart in here???? I'll be 43 in August.... LOL!

My buddy is an Engineer at Ford... he's been showing my website to his co-workers... I asked him what they thought... He said, "well... they all think you must be 25 and single!" LOL! I simply refuse to grow up! LOL!
[/b][/quote]

Yep, you win! I'm just a kid at 41! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Latest Spy Cam on Srming's V6 Stang!