05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Installed My Street Scene Grill

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/05, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after waiting about 3 weeks for my Grill to arrived I finally got it. I consider myself kinda lucky since there have been some waiting for over 3 months. So I open the box and I can say that the quality could be better for the price that they are charging but here are the pics and the problems.Here are some pics of the OEM grill with the lights. Notice how everything lines up perfectly as it should from the factory.

Now here is how the lights line up in the Street Scene Grill. 2 of the brackets are way off center.

Well I bolted the lights down. I had to bend out one of the tabs to get the screw to make it but look at the 4th mounting tabs. There is no way to make it work.

The Street Scene Grill is very flimsy. I was afraid that I was going to crack it when I screwed down the lights so be careful.

Here is the final install. Looks good.

It took me about 20 mintues to install. For the price is should have been alot better. It should have been made from thicker plastic that wouldnt flex so easily and all of the mounting tabs should have lined up. I made a 1 inch bracket for the last mounting hole and painted it black. There was no way to make it work.
Old 11/22/05, 12:00 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well good to know. I guess after wanting one all of these months (even have the factory one removed from the car right now) I think I will not order one. I see a few other manufacturers are coming out with some that look really nice. Too bad, I am really happy with my street scene kit. Wonder what happened to the grille manufacturing process. Now that people have started receiving the grilles, I have yet to hear of an installation that didn't have issues.
Old 11/22/05, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry about that man... if it's any consolation it looks great

I will say that I wasn't entirely happy with the fitment of my Street Scenes kit. The side skirts were different lenghts (really bad IMO) and the way they packaged the front bumper, by taping the pop-tabs around it deformed the thing which made it a bugger to get all of the wrinkles out of the flat spots on the bumper... and even now they're not completely out.

Of course these are things that no one else will probably notice but I know they're there and it annoys me.

According to my body shop guy this is a normal occurance with aftermarket body kits so I don't know that the SS kit is any better / worse compared to others, but I was dissapointed that they didn't pay closer attention to detail on the manufacturing and the packaging.
Old 11/22/05, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

Well... this is bad news. I have my SS grille on order already, I'll see what happens when I install it. Hopefully nothing this bad.
Old 11/22/05, 06:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mike? :scratch:
Old 11/22/05, 11:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I got the street scene bpoody kit andh ad no problems, it was a dream ( i do body work and paint)
Old 11/23/05, 03:32 AM
Cobra R Member

ck my post on the same subject.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=38605

Was not that initially happy either, but after a bit, It's a good piece. Kinda of a bummer to have to make a new piece fit like that though.

Yours looks good.
Old 11/23/05, 05:11 AM
GT Member

[quote=traffic142,November 23, 2005, 5:35 AM]
ck my post on the same subject.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=38605

Was not that initially happy either, but after a bit, It's a good piece. Kinda of a bummer to have to make a new piece fit like that though.

this does not sound good :scratch: , but then on the other hand trafic 142 thread has some good comments left in his post

will have to wait and see before placeing this on the wish list, more comments will be posted i'm sure.
Old 11/23/05, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Well it does look good with the tungstun. Any more pics???
Old 11/23/05, 11:25 AM
V6 Member

More pics will come as soon as I get my new hood and Airdam.
Old 11/23/05, 04:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did have some concern with my Street Scene Grille, in that it is more flexible than the stock grille, but it does work, and it does fit my Fog Lights well. The stock grilles are a very ridged piece, and by comparison, pretty much anything else will be more flexible.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=39211
The alignment issue is of concern for the center-mounted Fog Light grille, so I hope that Street Scene can correct the problem.
Old 11/23/05, 07:41 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by hippiehead025@November 23, 2005, 2:24 AM
I got the street scene bpoody kit andh ad no problems, it was a dream ( i do body work and paint)
Looks like you have problems with your keyboard thought
Old 11/23/05, 07:50 PM
GT Member

well mine is on order too, cost plenty, it better fit or ill be mad
Old 11/23/05, 09:01 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,577 Likes on 1,906 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ic=26608&st=100

I too Had Concerns on The Street Scenes Grille. However I Imediatetely expressed These Concerns To Mike at Street Scenes So as to give them a chance to fix any Issues and He Is Having His People address Them. The Press That Makes The Urethane Center Section went out of Commission almost Immediately after Starting Production. Some Of the Concerns on The Grille May Be Cured By The New Press. The Flimsyness Concern is Caused By The Pop Rivets. They Do Not Cinch Up as Tight as They Should. Street Scenes is Also Looking into a New Design Rivet to Alleviate This Concern. I did notice on My Second Batch of Grilles that my concern over the Molding Flash had been addressed already. In The case Of My Personal Grille I modded and Recessed my Inserts and Then Attached the Inserts With Sheet Metal Screws and It really Firmed it Up. As Far as The Lamp mounting I too was Takin aback When trying to Install The Bulbs but once I figured Out the Sequence of which Tabs to Attach First it went easy enough. Another Issue I Had was an Oversimplified set Of Instructions. That Issue I do Not know if it is Being addressed. I Personally Called Every one of my Preorder Customers on The Street Scenes Grille and Told Them exactly what to expect. They Appreciated that and everybody Took The Grilles. Give Street Scenes a Chance to work out the Bugs before you condem the Grille. I will admit its not Impressive out of the box. But What really Counts is what you See when it is Installed. I will be Watching the Next batch to see The Improvements and will Update with the facts in My Original Forum.

kc
Old 11/23/05, 09:12 PM
V6 Member

Street Scene needs to make good on all of the defective Grills. Mine even has a 1/4 gap on one side :bang: . I tried calling all day with no answer. I guess they closed early for Thanksgiving. They should not have released the Grill in such a state :notnice: . With as much money as they are charging you shouldnt have to modify it to make it stiffer or the make things fit. :bang: :nono: :bang: :nono:
Old 11/23/05, 09:27 PM

I have Emailed A Link To This Post to Mike At Street Scenes.

I understand Your Frustration and If I did not Have Concerns I would not have felt the Need to Personally Contact all My Customers on the Grilles. I heavily Modded My First Grille which was a T-Rex also as I was not Satisfied with it's Out of the Box Appearance, But I had many Complements on the final result. I enjoy being a Little Different with My Installs. But As Someone Who Sells a Lot of Parts To TMS Members I know The other side of the coin Also. Every Customer has a Certain expectation of a Product . If the product does not meet those expectations it's time to find a solution. Stay Cool and Lets see what Street Scenes has to Say. Also If your are Disatisified with a Product you may also contact Your Supplier and See what they are Willing to do.

Hope This Helps!

kc
Old 11/23/05, 09:31 PM

Oh and on a Positive Note! In My Case with My Poor Night Vision The Center mount Lights seem to Work Better for Me as far as Visibility.

kc
Old 11/24/05, 04:14 AM
GT Member

well like i said mine is on order w them hopefully mine is from the new batch that has been upgraded , and they should make some good on the old ones , by the time you purchase it and get it shipped it is almost 300 bucks for a grill ?????w no lights , and you have to fuss w it , so i read , but ill wait on mine to avoid any frusteration
Old 11/24/05, 06:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Well, I am glad the SS is working on the problems we brought up. I guess we all pay for the "first one on the block" issue. I have had nothing but rave reviews on my grill. It could have been done better....pop rivits (or atleast paint them), instructions lacking, my light hit the top of the radiator brace and I had to adjust how I installed it.

Thanks KC for your input

Excellent Point! We all Love to Have the FIRST of Something! How Many Issues Did The 05 Owners Have vs The 06. Quite a Bit. But The Beauty of THE MUSTANG SOURCE is The Immediate Flow Of Information. But we Must Be careful. I have Seen Products SLAMMED before only to have a Member come back Later and Say OOPS I installed The Product Incorrectly. Meanwhile The DAMAGE is Done. It's only Fair to Get Both Sides of a Situation Before Making a Final Conclusion.

kc

Enjoy Your Thanksgiving!
Old 11/24/05, 08:47 AM
V6 Member

Yea I'm trying to stay calm. Hopefully they will respond. I will try calling them on Friday. Here is the Gap. It doesnt fit very well. This is going to be a Show Car eventually. I cant have parts like this on my car. Notice no gap on this side.

Notice the 1/4 gap

Quick Reply: Installed My Street Scene Grill