05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Injured Stang back from the Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/06, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks great wasn`t really thrilled about the satin silver but I gotta say after looking at your car it looks great....Glad you got your car back new and improved...How do you like the Saleen HID`s
Old 2/10/06, 11:24 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ February 10, 2006, 10:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks friggin SWEET! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
(PS - Ian, don't worry - you will get your Pony back soon..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] )
[/b][/quote]

Dave, have you considered putting stipes on yours, since you got the California dream hood? Maybe even ummm... mineral grey? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

And I can't get my car back soon enough. Time goes by soooo slow when I don't have it. I feel like I did a year and a half ago after I ordered it and was waiting for it to be built. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 11:29 AM

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Looks very cool
Please tell us more about the lights...they look very bright......Is the hood funktional?

greetings from Germany Christian [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 04:20 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 10, 2006, 1:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dave, have you considered putting stipes on yours, since you got the California dream hood? Maybe even ummm... mineral grey? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

And I can't get my car back soon enough. Time goes by soooo slow when I don't have it. I feel like I did a year and a half ago after I ordered it and was waiting for it to be built. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

STOP IT YOU ARE A BAD PERSON AND BAD INFLUENCE TEMPTING ME TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON MORE MODS FOR MY CAR

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

Yeah I have considered it for a WHILE now.... when I first saw them on Orthoguys car (where is that dude anyways?) I couldn't get over how great they looked.

I have defnitely gone back and forth...... right now it is still in the NO column. The DK II vibe seems to be about keeping things shadowy and dark.... so that's the way it stands for now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 07:26 PM
FR500 Member

To be honest... as much as I love stripes (especially with these RKSport '67 and '68 Shelby-style hoods) I love your car blacked out the way it is. So, just ignore me! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 08:53 PM
GT Member

WOW, that looks good.....and different....everybody has the Lemans stripes, I like what you did. I have a California Dream Hood too, but I haven't put it on yet. I think I might copy you.....
Old 2/10/06, 09:49 PM
GTR Member

how much did you pay for the hood? it looks awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] ..also is that the agressive spoiler or classic?
Old 2/11/06, 01:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

The HID headlights at night are great. I'm getting a nice even distribution of white light and extra distance. OEM quality stuff here not some hack job with hot spots of light. The hood is functional but I really need to get an aftermarket CAI. The stock air box I don't think is really taking advantage of the extra air flow. I can here the "sucking"sound more though from inside the car on woot. The hood doesn' have too much shake too it. I' on the fence about getting hood pins like everyone seems to do with this hood.

It' suppose to snow the next two days but next week I'llget some night shots of the headlights with my digital camera. I got the hood from LMPerformance.com for $820.25 which included shipping. The CDC chin spoiler is the classic.
Old 2/11/06, 04:14 AM
Cobra Member

Looks great! It reminds me of this:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/0...ketch1102-5.jpg

and this:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/s1...ketchRedF3Q.jpg
Old 2/11/06, 08:25 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
And here I was always told hitting a deer was bad for a car [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Looks awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 05:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ February 11, 2006, 3:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
And here I was always told hitting a deer was bad for a car [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Looks awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Well not bad for the car but bad for my insurance. Between this and my other accident back in Oct. my insurance went up $450 a year.
Old 2/11/06, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Murray... Car looks great! I like how you did the stripes on that hood... it's different.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Now that you have the HID's, I bet you can see those deer coming a lot sooner...
Old 2/11/06, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks good Murray! What body shop did you use? I'm also in the baltimore area and have been searching for a quality body shop.
Old 2/12/06, 01:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05BLKGT @ February 11, 2006, 10:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks good Murray! What body shop did you use? I'm also in the baltimore area and have been searching for a quality body shop.
[/b][/quote]

Owings Collision in Upperco Md. They have done the work for both of my accidents with the Mustang. They also have done work on my old 03 Accord for me. The paint match on my car is awesome. You'd never tell that it had been hit twice.

http://owingscollision.com/default.htm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(u-got-stang @ February 11, 2006, 8:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Murray... Car looks great! I like how you did the stripes on that hood... it's different.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Now that you have the HID's, I bet you can see those deer coming a lot sooner...
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I have great vision at night now. I don't drive with my fogs on anymore because they look so dim. Can anyone recommend a good bulb to go in the fogs? I had Silverstars in my 03 Accord but they only lasted about five months with normal use. Also what type of bulb do the fogs take?
Old 2/12/06, 10:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ February 12, 2006, 2:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Can anyone recommend a good bulb to go in the fogs? I had Silverstars in my 03 Accord but they only lasted about five months with normal use. Also what type of bulb do the fogs take?[/b][/quote]
get sylvania silverstar # 9145 for the fogs. if you don't use a towel or gloves during installation, oil from your fingers/hands reduces bulb life severely. i suspect that is what happened with your accord

your ride looks great -- the silver & black contrast nicely. did you consider putting stripes on the trunk & spoiler? i'm thinking about putting that hood on mine, too. btw, what is the difference between the cdc classic & aggressive spoilers? their web page doesn't explain. does the aggressive have a longer/steeper rake?
Old 2/12/06, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sublimaze @ February 12, 2006, 12:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
get sylvania silverstar # 9145 for the fogs. if you don't use a towel or gloves during installation, oil from your fingers/hands reduces bulb life severely. i suspect that is what happened with your accord

your ride looks great -- the silver & black contrast nicely. did you consider putting stripes on the trunk & spoiler? i'm thinking about putting that hood on mine, too. btw, what is the difference between the cdc classic & aggressive spoilers? their web page doesn't explain. does the aggressive have a longer/steeper rake?
[/b][/quote]

I don't think stripes going through the whole car would look right with the black rear.

The CDC aggressive spoiler has you cut out the lower black plastic on the bumper to give it that open racing look. The spoiler also covers the area around where the plastic was to make it look clean.
Old 2/12/06, 05:36 PM

Well done, that hood is definitely on my list now.
Old 2/13/06, 01:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 12, 2006, 7:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well done, that hood is definitely on my list now.
[/b][/quote]

It's a nice hood. It took a little work from the body shop to get the way they wanted it. I wanted show quality and nothing le$$. The redlinetuning quick hood lifts work great with it as well.
Old 2/13/06, 01:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ February 13, 2006, 3:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's a nice hood. It took a little work from the body shop to get the way they wanted it. I wanted show quality and nothing le$$. The redlinetuning quick hood lifts work great with it as well.
[/b][/quote]

Cool, what all did your body shop have to do. How much extra did you end up paying. I know for my legend wing, it took them 3 tries to get the paint finish professional quality. So I know what it is like to be picky about the finish an fitment.