05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

If you have a camera and a rear wing

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/05, 05:53 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could someone please post a picture of the underside of the trunk. I need a shot of the factory wing mount location. I ordered my car with the spoiler delete option back in October when Steeda couldn't tell me if they would be using the factory mount or not. Well, they use the factory mount but it was better safe than sorry
Old 1/26/05, 05:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Eric R@January 26, 2005, 6:56 PM
Could someone please post a picture of the underside of the trunk. I need a shot of the factory wing mount location. I ordered my car with the spoiler delete option back in October when Steeda couldn't tell me if they would be using the factory mount or not. Well, they use the factory mount but it was better safe than sorry
Stand by, will be right back.

Edit: Here you go.

Old 1/26/05, 06:06 PM
GT Member

That was quick!

Thanks
Old 1/27/05, 08:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Good job on the quick reply...Sorry about not getting it for you last week Eric.....I took the pics and the site went down so I wasn't able to reply back in the other post.....glad holderca1 hooked ya up bro....

John

P.S. Any updates with your ride?
Old 1/27/05, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

What's beneath the wing mounts if you remove it? Is the deck lid painted with the wing on it or are they painted separately?
Old 1/27/05, 01:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by DiamondBlue@January 27, 2005, 10:19 AM
What's beneath the wing mounts if you remove it? Is the deck lid painted with the wing on it or are they painted separately?
I have not taken mine apart. But I would imagine that they paint them seperately. Otherwise, it would be a tough paint job, getting underneath the spoiler to apply the paint properly.
Old 1/27/05, 03:27 PM
GT Member

Thanks swingle, I understand and know you would have gotten back to me
I am not sure about this whole Steeda thing. I ordered the hood, tall wing, splitter, winglets and rear badge.
Today the splitter, winglets and rear badge arrived FedEx, adding it all up I got charged $92.75 for ground shipping.

Steeda called today on the hood and rear wing stating they would need an additional $70 to ship the wing since they didn't want it to go truck freight.

That leaves roughly $157.25 to ship the hood.

That is a grand total of $320 shipping. What did your shipping cost? Keep in mind that this was one order that they opted to split up...

I set the splitter in place and it is gonna be sweet!

DiamondBlue:

About 5 years ago my local library had a video of the 94 Mustang being produced. When it goes into the paint area, the wing sat on a stand in front of the hood. I would have never guessed! I don't know if it is still done the same way now or not but there is paint under the wing of my '99

Old 1/27/05, 04:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I know the wing and winglets were like 75.00+...seemed outrageous to me too....I spoke with another TMS'er who has the steeda site out of Canada and he said to let him know on future orders as he might be able to get me some shipping savings....I bought the splitter on Ebay from a Steeda dealer as the shipping was listed as only 40.00, and it was gonna be nearly twice that through Steeda because of the truck freight they use...I think I got told 150+ or so when I inquired about the cowl induction hood as well.....between the cost of the hood, shipping, and then paint I just found it to be too much for the change it would make and just painted the factory hood instead....seems they have a heck of a markup on that shipping...i think it's hidden "handling" costs personally....I must say in their defense that when I ordered from them in the past and had some items get backordered and sent later, I wasn't charged any additional shipping charges....they just divided up the original shipping cost for what the lot would have been if sent together over the 3 different packages....I remember receiving the a/c ***** and the shipping sheet showed only .52 shipping charge via FedEx.....seemed too good to be true so I called and talked to Jon Pine and he explained the delay wasn't my fault and I wouldn't be double dinged because of it...make sure you aren't being screwed accidentally....on the big pieces it may just be that there's choice in it either way...300 plus dollars just for shipping is hard to swallow bro.....i'd suggest buying the larger steeda items from local speed shops or off of Ebay to others interested in them in the future. The shipping on them through Steeda is a killer.....

John
Old 1/27/05, 05:22 PM
GT Member

Well, the call from Steeda today said $320 total for shipping however the actual amount taken from my account was $100 lower. I can handle that
It might have been an oversight on their part at the higher cost or possibly it was just a projected amount that turned out to be lower, don't know. Either way I'll take it

John
BTW, I settled on the Ford dealership doing the paint since they did a great job on my '99 a few years back. It was $300 more than you paid, but it was $800 cheaper than the first quote I got!

I was lucky enough to snag the last set of black sidewinder graphics they had in stock.
I was happy since they are not even listed on the website yet
Old 1/27/05, 05:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

SWEET Eric! Sounds like things are looking up....Can't wait to see the finished product amigo......be sure and keep me posted....

John
Old 1/27/05, 09:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shipping is expensive, imagine if they shipped it via air. I would imagine those items would require a rather large box to ship them in and I see that you are in Iowa so thats a pretty good distance. Consider yourself lucky, you don't have to pay sales tax, being that I am in Florida, I get hit by that from Steeda.