05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

I hopped off the fence today on the Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 12:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=46500]I jumped off the fence today and am not going with the GT 500.
I really like my 05 GT and am pleased with the mods I have made and the automatic kick butt tune installed. I like being able to sip my coffee, gulp the diet Pepsi and play with GF leg while driving and not have a handful of gears.

I have fun each time I drive the car particularly blowing off GTOs, ricers and Firebirds. The car has an aura of excitement. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I am just not willing to give it up for a Shelby manual six speed or having to start all over with the mods and a sparsely appointed black (hot) interior and exterior a tomato shade of red that is just too red for my taste.
I can assure you I am sober, not snorting coke or blowing grass.

I am just a happy camper where I am and will be much better when the owner of this car contacts me with where he purchased these deep dish wheels so I may have a set too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Please send me an E mail. Thanks
Old 3/9/06, 02:06 AM
GT Member

Check out mustang tuning...they have a sale going on for the chrome bullits for this month too. I wish they would have one for the black dd bullits soon so I could get some. Either way I will have them in about a month.

heres a link
http://www.mustangtuning.com/march-sales.html
Old 3/9/06, 04:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mongoose @ March 9, 2006, 2:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[attachmentid=46500]I jumped off the fence today and am not going with the GT 500.
I really like my 05 GT and am pleased with the mods I have made and the automatic kick butt tune installed. I like being able to sip my coffee, gulp the diet Pepsi and play with GF leg while driving and not have a handful of gears.

I have fun each time I drive the car particularly blowing off GTOs, ricers and Firebirds. The car has an aura of excitement. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I am just not willing to give it up for a Shelby manual six speed or having to start all over with the mods and a sparsely appointed black (hot) interior and exterior a tomato shade of red that is just too red for my taste.
I can assure you I am sober, not snorting coke or blowing grass.
I am just a happy camper where I am and will be much better when the owner of this car contacts me with where he purchased these deep dish wheels so I may have a set too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Please send me an E mail. Thanks
[/b][/quote]

That's mustangshadow's car [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] He got the wheels from Mustang Tuning, 18x9 deep dish anthracite.
Old 3/9/06, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree Mongoose. I had similar thoughts, and have come to the same conclusion. I have a nice "bond" w/ my '05 GT and once the mods start getting added, I'll have even more pride. When it's all said and done it will be one of kind, and look just the way I want it. And if I end up w/ a supercharger (and forged internals) one day, the performance will match the Shelby, and for likely less $$$.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewingfly @ March 9, 2006, 3:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Check out mustang tuning...they have a sale going on for the chrome bullits for this month too. I wish they would have one for the black dd bullits soon so I could get some. Either way I will have them in about a month.

heres a link
http://www.mustangtuning.com/march-sales.html
[/b][/quote]

And by the way, the Black DD Bullitts ARE on sale!!
Only problem is the 18x9s are b/o until April or so, and I want 2 of each:

Black DD Bullitts 18x9s (on VegasJays' ?? Stang)

Black DD Bullitts 18x10s (azoufan's Stang)
Old 3/9/06, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's my car!

Oh, and by the way...

[attachmentid=46501]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(azoufan @ March 9, 2006, 8:45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's my car!

Oh, and by the way...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Cool! How do you like the wheels?? Previous post updated.

Nice pic btw, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

Just read your sig. You have the EXACT setup I've been planning on (wheels and tire, sizes, everything)
Old 3/9/06, 09:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats on your decision....feel the same way about my 05. Besides, there is always the Boss to ponder depending when/if it comes out and whats in it
Old 3/9/06, 11:36 AM
FR500 Member

I agree with you 100%. The GT500 looks great, and who wouldn't want that power... but honestly, who really needs it? I wouldn't trade my GT350 tribute for the GT500 anyday... and I'm not smoking any grass either. When you put so much into all your mods until your car is truely a one-of-a-kind, no stock car (no matter how rare or how special) is going to compare.
Old 3/9/06, 01:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

I jumped up the bandwagon as well since barely anyone will play close to sticker the first year. I don't see the value in the car for much more then they are asking for it. Like others have said I'd rather have my GT with mods because to me it's more special.
Old 3/9/06, 02:56 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I dunno- if history holds true, I think having a shelby would be better than money in the bank. Hey we all love Caroll Shelby, but the guy is 83 years old, this unfortunately could be some of his best and last work...I sure hope hes hotrodding fords when he's 100, but you never know. If I had the funds, I'd buy one and EXPECT a very high return in 10-20 years...even if they build 10k of them, 90% will probably be driven around like the lexus or whatever equivalent money could buy...but the first couple k, dealers are gonna gouge bad as they can... I cant afford one, so dont matter to me, but If I could, I think I'd get one as a 'fun investment'.
Old 3/9/06, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Well its nice to see you all coming down to reality. The whole time the Shelby was coming and then pics came out , everyone seamed to want one. I wish I had the money to buy one, I'd drive it very little, and years down the road when Carrol Shelby is gone,not saying I wish him anything but the best, those cars will be worth megabucks!!

But reality is I cant afford one, and I know just reading about them they wouldnt make a very good daily driver. That cars made for weekend drives only, it would suck more gas and cost more in tires than I can afford.

I dont think Ill even trade my 05 in for a SE or 09 or anything else really. Dont get me wrong , from what I have been reading the Mustangs going to get nothing but better, faster and cooler.But I will have mine paid for, and modded out to suit my taste, it willl be uniqe, I can make it go as fast as I want,look how I want, its a pratical daily driver, I can make my car anyway I want, cant ask for anything more than that!!!
Old 3/9/06, 11:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Now that I am off the fence GF for obvious reasons is happier and I have gone wild ordering parts. Line locks, axle backs, deep dish wheels and tires.
My plan was to add rear window louvers but now I am going to a tint.
No matter what I do it will not add up to 45K + sales tax.
The Shelby was just not me and I know I will enjoy the Modded GT much better.