05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

HERESY: Lambo doors for S197 Mustangs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/06, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by backafter20
So sad....there goes another kitten...
Oh man, I thought I'd never hear that one again- that brings back memories!

My opinion: sure I try to be objective on stuff like this, but come on, really why would anyone do that to a Mustang? Other cars, maybe......but not a Mustang. What's next- shave the door handles and install pop out kits? Just seems to go against the car's heritage. I wouldn't install them for functionality either; my idea of functionality concerning doors is that they open and close, while maintaining latched shut when in between those two functions. Regarding tight parking spots: normal doors increase my "exercise" functionality- as in, I park far away and walk farther to the store, increasing my daily exercise.

Sure some may love these doors, but not me. Nope. Never. Atleast not on a Mustang.

Tom
Old 5/30/06, 06:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont hate it.
Old 5/30/06, 10:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Oh man, I thought I'd never hear that one again- that brings back memories!

My opinion: sure I try to be objective on stuff like this, but come on, really why would anyone do that to a Mustang? Other cars, maybe......but not a Mustang. What's next- shave the door handles and install pop out kits? Just seems to go against the car's heritage. I wouldn't install them for functionality either;

Sure some may love these doors, but not me. Nope. Never. Atleast not on a Mustang.

Tom
So Tom... how do you feel about them doors?
Old 5/30/06, 10:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Just an FYI, lambo only puts them on the upscale Murcielago. The Gallardos no longer come with the lambo doors.
Old 5/31/06, 01:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

that is hideous
Old 5/31/06, 09:25 AM
GTR Member

How do install those switches to make my ride jump all over the place?
Old 5/31/06, 09:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Anyone know where I can get a hydraulics kit for my Stang? I wanna make my pony bounce!!
Old 5/31/06, 11:52 AM
GTR Member

Yeah and some sweet blue neon..............
Old 5/31/06, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
... What's next- shave the door handles and install pop out kits? ...
Tom
Well, we have a two tone car here in the forums (green and black) from "hireman" I think it is? Not sure... anyways, he's got the door handles shaved, and a pop out kit, and let me tell you, it looks really clean and nice. Remember this car is not a 60's mustang, it's a retro MODERN version of how the mustang started, with over 40 years of modifications, technology innovations and engineering, so why not go Lambo doors? 'cause the old one didn't have it? Well then, let's not put AC in our mustangs, 'cause the old ones didn't have it, and let's not tint it, 'cause the old ones didn't have it, and let's not change the rims/tires, 'cause there weren't that many choices then, if we decide to change the rims/tires, let's use the original ones, 'cause that's how the old ones were... see, how far are you gonna take it? 'cause if you limit one thing (such as the lambo doors, or shaving it), then go all the way...
Old 5/31/06, 12:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
It just seems kind of.... RICE.

I'll bet that the riceboys in the new "Fast and the Furious" movie will have doors that look like those.
Old 5/31/06, 01:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by rony1976
Well, we have a two tone car here in the forums (green and black) from "hireman" I think it is? Not sure... anyways, he's got the door handles shaved, and a pop out kit, and let me tell you, it looks really clean and nice. Remember this car is not a 60's mustang, it's a retro MODERN version of how the mustang started, with over 40 years of modifications, technology innovations and engineering, so why not go Lambo doors? 'cause the old one didn't have it? Well then, let's not put AC in our mustangs, 'cause the old ones didn't have it, and let's not tint it, 'cause the old ones didn't have it, and let's not change the rims/tires, 'cause there weren't that many choices then, if we decide to change the rims/tires, let's use the original ones, 'cause that's how the old ones were... see, how far are you gonna take it? 'cause if you limit one thing (such as the lambo doors, or shaving it), then go all the way...
I see your point, that's why my statement started with "My opinion". I certainly have added many modifications to my own car, some of which some people don't like. However, I do think that making comparisons between Lambo doors and shaved handles to air conditioning and wheels/tires is a stretch though.......but like I said I understand where you're coming from.

I guess, and again this is just my opinion only, that when I see Lambo doors it reminds me of an Italian sports car; that's not what I think of the Mustang. The Mustang to me, is an American muscle car- always has been, always will (should) be.
Old 6/1/06, 05:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen these doors on Chargers and 300Cs at dealerships around here - totally stupid looking IMO.
Old 6/1/06, 05:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

id rather have the gull wing doors like on the Delorean. Also with those doors, how does it work. our windows move up and down slightly to vreate a seal when door is opened and shut. i wonder how it does it with those doors.
Old 6/1/06, 06:44 AM
Cobra Member

I'm sure is the same way... the window would go up slightly when the door closes
Old 6/1/06, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

i hate lambo doors. they have to be one of the riceiest mods you can do to your car.
Old 6/2/06, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Total rice. Also, as far as I know none of these kits are true lambo anyway, you still have to open the door outwards a bit before it goes up. So basically you are paying $2000 for a mod that not only is a ripoff of a better car, it doesn't even function correctly.

Plus, another thing I always wondered is this. There's this kid with a neon around town here that has lambo doors. Of course he always leaves the doors open while at the shows. Doesn't his dome light make the battery go dead?
Old 6/2/06, 12:36 PM
Cobra Member

would that little light make your battery go dead? besides, it eventually turns off (I think).

What if the kit was a true Lambo, would that change your opinion?
Old 6/3/06, 06:45 AM

[quote=TheMustangSource]

"UNPIMP THE AUTO"
Attached Images  
Old 6/3/06, 06:58 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally Posted by Rebel73
Anyone know where I can get a hydraulics kit for my Stang? I wanna make my pony bounce!!

You ain't right!! Thanks for the laugh!!
Old 6/7/06, 04:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

i dont think the doors look as bad on cars with no posts around the top of the door if that makes sence, but when they put them on 4 door cars or trucks it just looks awfull. i mean half the door post or window frame is hanging out over the hood, i dont get it.

Quick Reply: HERESY: Lambo doors for S197 Mustangs!!!