05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Help with 18 inch wheel decision

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/05, 07:17 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well after months of waiting, my original plan of going with the Steeda Ultralite I wheels for my ride has gone in the crapper – I’ve already waited months and last I was told, mid June was the delivery date (after being bumped from mid May to early June). I’m going to be going into my dealer soon to have the strut TSB done and have them install my Eibachs for me – so the timing was working out right. Get everything settled install the springs and get the car aligned with the new wheels and tires. Well turns out they were talking about another kind of Ultralite wheel and that the Ultralite 1’s are ‘a few months off’ still. :bang:

So I am going to go with something else – tough thing is, there isn’t much out there I like. Originally I wanted 18 Bullitts – but after getting the bug on the Steedas and planning on ‘silver’ wheels for the car for so long, the anthracites (although nice) do not cut it the way I want them to on a BLACK car. (and Black Bullitts are out too) The silver is just bright enough to call attention the way I want, especially since most everything else on the car is dark. The chrome Bullitts do not look bad on a BLACK GT but I am not the biggest chrome fan – they are nice but I am not sure they are ME and my car you know? A little TOO bright. I have been trying to find out if anyone is making the 18 bullitts in silver (I know Ford Racing has them but only in 17s…..) and no luck.

So maybe a different style wheel altogether is the way to go. Again, problem is, there isn’t much out there that moves me.

I found these Milie Miglias in 18 by 9 and don’t think they look bad on the GT – and just curious if any one had them or knew anything about them – the other thing I am in interested in is the center cap – on this car there is a red logo which isn’t that bad – when you bring the wheels up on a site like Tirerack, there is this annoying white logo with numbers which I wouldn’t be able to live with. If anyone has these wheels, what center cap is on there – and is it possible to switch the center cap out?....

As always, thanks in advance to any Source folk who make a post and give some insight – this site is the BEST.
Old 6/17/05, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like those rims and have seen them in person. they look great on. did you see these on tire rack? also Mille Miglia rims called the VR. Also if you are looking for a pretty cool set of 5 spoke agressive looking rims, check these out, they are called ROH RT Black Ice. Both hot looking rims in my opinion. the roh are available from JD Wheels.com

Sam
Old 6/17/05, 03:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@June 17, 2005, 7:20 AM
Well after months of waiting, my original plan of going with the Steeda Ultralite I wheels for my ride has gone in the crapper – I’ve already waited months and last I was told, mid June was the delivery date (after being bumped from mid May to early June). I’m going to be going into my dealer soon to have the strut TSB done and have them install my Eibachs for me – so the timing was working out right. Get everything settled install the springs and get the car aligned with the new wheels and tires. Well turns out they were talking about another kind of Ultralite wheel and that the Ultralite 1’s are ‘a few months off’ still. :bang:

So I am going to go with something else – tough thing is, there isn’t much out there I like. Originally I wanted 18 Bullitts – but after getting the bug on the Steedas and planning on ‘silver’ wheels for the car for so long, the anthracites (although nice) do not cut it the way I want them to on a BLACK car. (and Black Bullitts are out too) The silver is just bright enough to call attention the way I want, especially since most everything else on the car is dark. The chrome Bullitts do not look bad on a BLACK GT but I am not the biggest chrome fan – they are nice but I am not sure they are ME and my car you know? A little TOO bright. I have been trying to find out if anyone is making the 18 bullitts in silver (I know Ford Racing has them but only in 17s…..) and no luck.

So maybe a different style wheel altogether is the way to go. Again, problem is, there isn’t much out there that moves me.

I found these Milie Miglias in 18 by 9 and don’t think they look bad on the GT – and just curious if any one had them or knew anything about them – the other thing I am in interested in is the center cap – on this car there is a red logo which isn’t that bad – when you bring the wheels up on a site like Tirerack, there is this annoying white logo with numbers which I wouldn’t be able to live with. If anyone has these wheels, what center cap is on there – and is it possible to switch the center cap out?....

As always, thanks in advance to any Source folk who make a post and give some insight – this site is the BEST.

Hi Burke. I know what you're saying. Been there too looking at one and another. But I finally made my choice. It's all a matter of taste and everybody has his own. Anyway check these out and see for yourself. www.bozeforged.com (Stixx) BTW, they're not chrome but polished billet aluminum.

Enjoy.
John
Old 6/17/05, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bluestang2go@June 17, 2005, 3:20 PM
Hi Burke. I know what you're saying. Been there too looking at one and another. But I finally made my choice. It's all a matter of taste and everybody has his own. Anyway check these out and see for yourself. www.bozeforged.com (Stixx) BTW, they're not chrome but polished billet aluminum.

Enjoy.
John

What size are those wheels?
Old 6/17/05, 07:02 PM
Big Falken Tires

Wow - I wouldn;t buy those wheels for myself right now - but that sonic blue looks HOT. Nice!

What tires you running there??...
Old 6/17/05, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Like any of these?
Old 6/18/05, 03:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by friedmaster@June 17, 2005, 3:55 PM
What size are those wheels?

18X9 Boze Stixx polished.
Old 6/18/05, 03:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@June 17, 2005, 7:05 PM
Wow - I wouldn;t buy those wheels for myself right now - but that sonic blue looks HOT. Nice!

What tires you running there??...
BF Goodrich G-Force KDW-2 255/45/18
Old 6/18/05, 03:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by wardog@June 17, 2005, 8:24 PM
Like any of these?
I'm a five spoke kinda guy so they look good to me.
Old 6/18/05, 09:02 AM

Burke,

I've been looking at those wheels also. They are exactly the look I'm going for although I don't have my car yet. I'd be interested to know where you are thinking about buying from and the best prices you have found. Don't know anything about the center cap you mentioned, but will let you know if I find anything out.
Old 6/18/05, 09:47 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by StangNewbie@June 18, 2005, 9:05 AM
Burke,

I've been looking at those wheels also. They are exactly the look I'm going for although I don't have my car yet. I'd be interested to know where you are thinking about buying from and the best prices you have found. Don't know anything about the center cap you mentioned, but will let you know if I find anything out.

Hunter - I will let you know in a week!
I pulled the trigger today and ordered from Tirerack.com.
Bought tires from them numerous times over the years and always happy - they have great customer service. Tires mounted and balanced for free - shipping came out to about $100. Wheels were like $230 each or so and the tires $161 a piece (BF Goodys KDW2s)

I'll let you know what I think after I get them on....
Old 6/19/05, 05:26 AM
Cobra Member

cant wait to see them!!