05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Has anyone tried this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/07, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone tried this yet?

I found this on the autotrim design website and was curious if anyone had tried this to make a ghost effect stripe on their car?
http://www.autotrimdesign.com/Shoppi...nformation.htm
Old 12/20/07, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I haven't tried it Mark, but I saw it as well and it looks interesting. I went so far as to have them send me a sample. I thought it looked too dark on my car (vista blue), but I think it would look good on your color. I also thought from the sample that it might have durability issues, but I guess it wouldn't be much diferent than other vinyl stripes. Also, unless I'm missing something they only offer it in the 1" gap set. I prefer the look of 2"gap. I'd sugest going back to their website and filling out the sample request and choose a few clolors (I got five diferent ones), even though the samples weren't very big you can lay them on your car and get an idea. They got them to me pretty quick. Hope that helps. Good luck and post pics of whatever you end up with.
Old 12/21/07, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for your reply Carl. I had sent to them for 3 samples of blue vinyl striping but didn't request any samples of the "True Shadow" stuff. Since I didn't see any posts on it I figured it wasn't worth the trouble. After seeing a few pics of cars with ghost stripes my interest was piqued again. Your opinion about it's durability issues only reinforced my thoughts about it based on the photo. I guess there aren't any real "shortcuts" for ghost stripes