Had ANOTHER wreck

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/07, 08:49 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had ANOTHER wreck

Well guys, it happened again!

This time it was someone else's fault, but because of this I get new parts

I got rear ended but only enough to warrant a rear bumper replacement, trunk and quarter panels are fine but who knows what is behind the cover. Issue is the guy shoved me into another car. When I got hit I nosed down and hit my hood somehow. I barely tapped the guy but it looks like my hood got cracked. The body shop is going to remove the paint and see if that is the case or it is just the paint.

SOOOO this is what she looked like pre accident: httpkienga.gotstang.net

The rear bumper will be replaced by a C/S bumper (Thank you Bill Jenks from Team Ford in Vegas, gave me a GREAT DEAL on a new cover) and the spoiler will be a GT 500 knock off. The spoiler wasn't damaged, but it will be in the shop, might as well get that done too.

*IF* the hood is indeed cracked and needs replaced, I will have them replace it with this hood:
https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208

part 1181 on the maroon car about half way down the page.

Honest comments are welcome, I am concerned about getting a bit ricey.
Old 11/2/07, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

Good luck. My insurance co. would not do the hood swap even though the replacement I found cost less than the factory hood.
Also, the (Ford dealership) body shop does not work on aftermarket parts (with the exception of the parts damaged in the accident). They will be replacing the ducktail spoiler the SS Shelby grille and the chin spoiler. Yeah, I hit both ends into a concrete guard rail in a spinout. Hood, deck lid, 2 quarter panels and more....
But I was so disappointed. I really want the Trufiber GTS2 hood.
Any way, I hope you get your way.
Old 11/2/07, 11:57 AM
V6 Member

I am not working with a ford dealership for the body work. I bought the rear valance from Bill Jenks (or Jenkins) from team in vegas for a killer price. However, the body shop I will be using is Magnum Collision here in ATL, http://www.magnumcollision.com/ . They will work with me on whatever part I want on the car and charge the ins company whatever the price of the stock replacement part or previously installed part would have been. I have been down this road with them before and they are great.

Fells kinda weird though, I drive up in my lil ole stang and am the cheapest car on the lot by ALLOT but they treat me like I have a 150k car. I love this shop
Old 11/29/07, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

Well, the hood was cracked, but not bad enough to warrant a hood replacement, alas!

I got the C/S rear fascia and the body shop is smoothing out the rough portion now and should have it back next week. CAN'T WAIT!

So the exterior mods are: Steeda competion front fascia, Cervini hood with steeda hood pins, GT500 spoiler, C/S rear fascia, Privat Profil wheels and painted black stripes on my 05 Legend Lime GT.
Old 11/30/07, 06:02 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by OkieNGa
...the hood was cracked, but not bad enough to warrant a hood replacement....
I'd been stewing over your good fortune with your hood swap scam. I feel just a bit better now but am sorry to hear you couldn't make it happen.
I've got that hood imprinted on my brain so I imagine I'll have to make it a reality.
The only other caveat has been the complaints about the hood movement at highway speeds. I've jumped the gun before on mods before only to be let down.
Do you think you'd still get the GTS2?
Old 11/30/07, 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got rear ended July of 2006. I know that pain, but I must say thanks to the bobyship the car looks like new. My mustang required a new rear bumper and trunk lid and a few parts under the bumper. I hope your mustang is repaired properly and that the wait to get it back on the road is not too long.
Old 11/30/07, 07:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
what a drag. A good rule of thumb while stoped at lights is, if you can't see the bottom of the rear tires of the car in front of you then your too close.
Old 11/30/07, 07:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AL1356
Do you think you'd still get the GTS2?
It would be a nice to have but given all the mods I have done to the car and the cost of getting the hood painted etc it in not an option if *I* am paying for it. I have not made any changes to the drive train other than a Magnaflo axel back exhaust, so I will now leave the exterior alone and start workin on gettin a suspension and turbo.
Old 11/30/07, 09:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A good rule of thumb while stoped at lights is, if you can't see the bottom of the rear tires of the car in front of you then your too close.
Sorry to hear about the accident. Good thing no one was hurt, and the bumper swap will make your smile come back from the day you bought her! As for Glenn's comment, I could not agree more fellas!