05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

GT/CS Shaker?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/07, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS Shaker?

Hi everyone...been lurking for months, and finally have a question. I am in the process nof ordering an 08 GT/CS in Grabber Orange. I am really going back and forth if I should get a shaker for it or not...my local dealer will buy/install it so it can be part of the financing. The cost is $1200.00

Do any of you have a shaker on your GT/CS? Pics?

If you do have it, do you have any hood striping to offset the black shaker?

Thanks!
Old 8/5/07, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome, glad you decided to make a post! It sounds like a good deal to me, get them to include it in the deal. Make sure they have done a few and yours is not the first. I think a CS looks great w/ a shaker.

Here is a pic of a white car w shaker, someone on the boards here not mine.
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS Shaker?-07mustang.jpg  
Old 8/5/07, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Shaker

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
Hi everyone...been lurking for months, and finally have a question. I am in the process nof ordering an 08 GT/CS in Grabber Orange. I am really going back and forth if I should get a shaker for it or not...my local dealer will buy/install it so it can be part of the financing. The cost is $1200.00

Thanks!
$850.00 installed, i had one on my 05 gt.
Old 8/6/07, 11:17 AM
V6 Member

$1200 sounds a bit high for the Shaker and installation. The Shaker can be had for $750 from Stage 3 Motorsports and it doesn't look like that difficult of an installation. I'm thinking of getting one and putting it on myself.
Old 8/6/07, 11:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think that doing it yourself should be too difficult.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techar...ker_hoodscoop/

Check out TacoBill's:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v673/tacobill35/

and Leo 06GT's:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ker%20install/

Ask them any questions you may have, they know all.

That should be a sweet color combo, good luck!
Old 8/10/07, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

The shaker looks awesome! Do it!
Old 8/12/07, 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme

Thanks!
Go the professional route with installation. Put your stripe kit on first though. The dealer cost is a little high, call CDC they make em and ask what a reasonable installation should be. I paid about 250. Also have them put sheets over your engine when they do the cut out so you don't get metal shavings everywhere.

Good Luck, I have some pics of mine if you want me to send them a shaker on a GT/CS would look assume with a good quality hood stripe package. CDC also has good tech support and you can buy direct, ask for Patrick he'll give you the straight scoop.....

GG
Old 8/13/07, 10:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

they want too much for the install. i bought mine and just did it myself, i would do it again too. it was fun. try to get them to do it for 1000. they will probably want more though.
Old 8/14/07, 03:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I just noticed on CDC's website that the shaker will not fit a hood with the factory scoop. So you might want to skip the GT appearance package on your order if you were planning on it. Not sure if other companies shakers will work with factory scoop though.
Old 8/15/07, 09:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just remember that the Shaker is for look and won't add any other benefit. Save your money and get a supercharger for it...or if you can affort it, have the dealer install one for you...it won't void the warranty.
Old 8/15/07, 09:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

$1,200 for the Shaker !!

Buy the thing for $699-750 (depending on vendor and specials) and install it yourself.

I did it myself and I know a LOT of people on this forum have done it them selves as well.

Save yourself some money.

This is my write up on my install.
PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

There are also some questions asked and answered in the posts following my write-up.

Definately get the stripes on first makes it much easier.
Old 8/16/07, 01:18 PM

A new Mustang owner with a few shaker questions...

Does the Shaker give any added performance increase? It would be a shame to go to all that time and expense just for looks. Does the air flow into the hood scoop, back to the front air box, then into the throttle body?
Old 8/16/07, 01:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by dvember
Does the Shaker give any added performance increase? It would be a shame to go to all that time and expense just for looks. Does the air flow into the hood scoop, back to the front air box, then into the throttle body?
It's pretty much for looks. Yes that is the air flow sequence
Old 8/16/07, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dvember
I knew there would be no real performance gain from the shaker...but for $750-$800 for the part and another $200-$400 for install I think it is a decent price....It is on the same lines as buying a new hood, having it painted, and installed. A hood vs shaker would be about even money, and I personally would rather have the shaker.

Please keep sending pics! I am a little torn between Grabber Orange and the new Vapor Metallic.....

Thanks for all the great comments, and if the dealer does not lower his price, I am going to install myself...thanks for all the great write-ups too!
Old 8/16/07, 04:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

the shaker is awesome. i installed it myself also. took me 4 hours and it was cake in my mind. hey if you want to we can meet up and i can help out! it would be a good drive for one of us.

the advertised gain with the shaker is around 6-7 hp. there is no way to actually test it on a dyno because it is a ram air effect. i would like to see some real dyno numbers with the ram air being used, but its not possible because the car has to be at speed to do so.

you will be so happy once the shaker is on. i get all kinds of comments on mine.
Old 8/17/07, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I would do it too. I'd just be too scared to cut my own hood!