05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

got a couple questions bout my 07

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/08, 12:36 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a couple questions bout my 07

okay so i have the car for over a year already can somone tell me the major things i should have replaced already?
i looked at the manual and have the done the steps in there except take it to the dealer and get it point inspection

will the dealer look at my car even if i am running off-road headers with mid-pipe?

another question i have alot of buildup around my battery, the positive side some blueish greenish whiteish crap surrounding the positive terminal, any idea what could be causing this?

and finally i have this weird smell coming from the inside of the car that smells like, no joking either, like someone that has been sweating all day with no deodarnt on. it smells its not very strong but i can smell it when i get in, it smells like someoone slept in there that has not showered in days.

now i have cleaned the car inside and out and even left some air fresheners in there but the smell still remains.

anyone have any ideas?
could bad 02 sensors from the mid-pipe cause this smell to come from underneath the car?

thanks for your time
Old 8/10/08, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like battery corrosion. Diet Coke (Regular would be sticky.) or a baking soda paste will usually clean it up. Also make sure the connections are tight and free of moisture.

As for the smell, check your drain holes around the cowl to make sure they aren't plugged and you have some mold setting up. Also check out the cabin air filter and consider changing that.

Does your exhaust smell like that also? Walk behind the car but don't sniff too much.
Old 8/10/08, 01:24 PM
V6 Member

drain holes seem fine i have c and l cai how do i replace the air filter its suppose to be reusable definetly some kind of smell coming from the exhaust but nothing like the smell inside
Old 8/10/08, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not the engine filter. Cars have a filter for air that comes in through the ventilation.

Perhaps you have a dead animal somewhere in the undercarriage?