05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

FRPP handling pack

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/10, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRPP handling pack

Classic design is selling a ford racing handling package. Struts, shocks, rear sway bar and free springs.
Now the springs do not lowe the car, but are "Performance upgrades"
the sway bar says it was a over-run from a special edition car, doesn't say which.
I am lowering my car with FRPP P springs, and am being told to get different shocks and struts, that the ride will be bad with stock shocks/struts.
Is this kit worth it? $350 for everything. Or are these just replacement parts. The info about them says good upgrade for worn parts.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 5/26/10, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know I replied with this info in your other thread, but since some people may not see it, I'll post it here too. This is an email I got from CDC in response to my questions about this handling package they're offering:

Hi John!

The springs are Ford Racing part # M-5300-P, and will be included automatically w/ the Handling Pack order. Please be sure to choose whether you have a coupe or convertible, as those springs are different. The struts/shocks are part # M-18000-A. The sway bar is similar to the rear bar used in part # M-5490-B, but reuses the factory rubber mounts.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else at all I can assist with, please let me know. Thanks again,
Old 5/26/10, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by John H
I know I replied with this info in your other thread, but since some people may not see it, I'll post it here too. This is an email I got from CDC in response to my questions about this handling package they're offering:

Hi John!

The springs are Ford Racing part # M-5300-P, and will be included automatically w/ the Handling Pack order. Please be sure to choose whether you have a coupe or convertible, as those springs are different. The struts/shocks are part # M-18000-A. The sway bar is similar to the rear bar used in part # M-5490-B, but reuses the factory rubber mounts.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else at all I can assist with, please let me know. Thanks again,

Ok. If I want these for my 2011 GT, the suspension is pretty much the 10 track-pack. So will springs only be OK for a daily driver?
Old 5/26/10, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GJM20115.0
Ok. If I want these for my 2011 GT, the suspension is pretty much the 10 track-pack. So will springs only be OK for a daily driver?
I went with Steeda Ultralite springs with the stock struts/shocks.

They lasted about a year after that (struts/shocks). I replaced them with the struts/shocks available from CDC (did not get the whole kit) and now the ride is absolutely fantastic. Not overly harsh and BIG improvement in handling.

I'm not sure how the P springs work out but the shocks/struts are the real deal and go great with my Ultralite springs!

Tim
Old 5/27/10, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I have p springs already. I understand that they lower the car 1". Now CDC says they don't lower the car?
Old 5/27/10, 01:25 PM
Cobra Member

This was the response to my first email to CDC asking if the springs lower the car at all:

Hi John!

Thanks for the interest and email! Yes, we can still include the free
springs! They are actually the Ford Racing 1" lowering springs. I hope this
helps! If there is anything else I can assist with, please let me know.
Thanks again,
Old 5/27/10, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

thats just crazy. how can they offer them that cheap!? couple weeks ago i paid $150 for the P springs! guess ill be selling them when i pick this kit up!

This was the response to my first email to CDC asking if the springs lower the car at all:

Hi John!

Thanks for the interest and email! Yes, we can still include the free
springs! They are actually the Ford Racing 1" lowering springs. I hope this
helps! If there is anything else I can assist with, please let me know.
Thanks again,
Old 5/27/10, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi John!

Just got off the phone with a tech. person at .fordracingparts.com

I asked him about lowering a 11 GT with M-5300-P springs (only).

He tells me that Ford engineers have not tested them (yet) on a 5.0 and so won't verify they will work (properly). Only been tested on the 5 thru 10's.
Old 5/27/10, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Anthony k
thats just crazy. how can they offer them that cheap!? couple weeks ago i paid $150 for the P springs! guess ill be selling them when i pick this kit up!
That's a good question. What I'm thinking about doing is buying the handling package, then ordering the "K" springs with the 1.5" drop and then selling the "P" springs to pay for them. I found a place with the "K" springs for $165 so I think I could recoupe most or all of that cost and end up with a slightly lower ride height over what the handling package would give me.
Old 5/27/10, 03:10 PM
Cobra R Member

I have the M-5300-K's on my car. You'll get a 1.5" drop. Not the softest ride in the world, but I like it. BTW, the SGT comes with the FRPP handling pack, so you'll be in good company.

Last edited by WaltM; 5/27/10 at 03:12 PM.
Old 5/28/10, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I picked up the kit and hood struts today. Pat gave me the straight poop on everything. I told him about the questions on here. I suspect he will be responding after he gets me some more prices!
Old 5/28/10, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

I'm very interested to see what he says. Although i doubt it'll be any different ftom my email responses. Im ready to order, pending his input here.
Old 5/28/10, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Call him up
Patrick lee
866-624-7997 x221
tell him I told you.

He has the kit on his gt that was in the parking, looked really nice, I don't want my car on the ground, and his looked good on the stock concept wheels. Will look better on my car with 20's.

Was different than "your email response" too. Just a FYI.

Last edited by Anthony k; 5/28/10 at 09:13 AM.
Old 5/28/10, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call him up
Patrick lee
866-624-7997 x221
tell him I told you.

He has the kit on his gt that was in the parking, looked really nice, I don't want my car on the ground, and his looked good on the stock concept wheels. Will look better on my car with 20's.

Hat tip to AK here, I just scored this package as well. Patrick was very helpful.
Be advised that the convertibles may have a SLIGHT issue with fitment concerning the rear sway bar. As such, I ordered the Eibach swaybar kit from Shelby from another thread to avoid this issue.

Again, thanks guys.

Last edited by PFCTBLU; 5/28/10 at 02:57 PM. Reason: updated information since posting
Old 5/28/10, 01:33 PM

Hey guys-

Patrick here from CDC. I thought I/we were already registered on this site as a sponsor as well, but I'll have to look into that. I know Brad well enough, hopefully he'll let this post slide! I'm not here to promote their sale, just offer some background information.

So- the low-down on these parts to clear up all the mystery. A few years ago we were under the Quantum/Tecstar corporate umbrella. It was during this time we worked w/ Ford Racing, Chip Foose, Wheel to Wheel, and Tecstar, to produce the Stallion Mustang. The powers that be at the time decided to order something like 3-years worth of car parts in advance for all of the Stallion Mustangs. Needless to say, not that many cars were built. As a result, we absorbed nearly ALL of the remaining inventory from these cars. Quite literally - we have aisles and shelves full of fascias, hoods, wheels, tires, lights... everything down to the little Foose emblems and floor mats. At one point we were selling Baer Decelarotors cheap, also from this same lot of parts.

The springs, shocks, struts, swaybars, etc. are ALL 100% brand new, unused product. They were ordered in bulk, so we do not have "retail" Ford Racing packaging for them. The shocks and struts are the exact same as the Ford Racing non-adjustable parts, made by Dynamic Suspensions. They are not the exact Ford Racing blue due to the size of the bulk order. The springs are in fact the Ford Racing 1" lowering springs, down to the Ford Racing part numbers that are on them. We have Coupe-specific and Convertible-specific springs. The drop is so subtle, for a while we didn't want to advertise them as actually lowering the car. The actual drop on these (Ford Racing even says 'approximately') is probably between 0.5"+ and 1" conservatively, and it takes a while for them to settle. Once installed, you probably won't even notice the drop at all for a few days. The sway bar is also the same bar that is included in P/N M-5490-A, just without the alum drop links and bushings. The factory links and bushings CAN be reused w/ a little elbow grease.

Anthony is correct- I put them on my recently acquired '05 GT w/ 31k miles on it. It's an amazing difference in handling that's slightly stiffer than stock, but nowhere near as bone-jarring as a 1.5" spring or Eibach spring. Handling is greatly improved- it makes me drive like an idiot even on 5-yr-old stock Pirellis!

I hope this helps clear things up - if anyone has any questions feel free to call (toll free) or email me as I don't get too much time to forum-surf these days. Thanks again!
Old 5/28/10, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by GJM20115.0
Just got off the phone with a tech. person at .fordracingparts.com

I asked him about lowering a 11 GT with M-5300-P springs (only).

He tells me that Ford engineers have not tested them (yet) on a 5.0 and so won't verify they will work (properly). Only been tested on the 5 thru 10's.

Speaking of, a local customer/friend of ours (Shaun Day) w/ a 2011 5.0 will be sporting these springs soon, if they are not already on his car. Here's a shot of his 2011 w/ the 1.5" springs and our RTR 19" wheels. He's running some serious rubber on all four corners and is getting some rubbing, so he's converting from the 1.5" springs to our 1" springs.

Old 5/28/10, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks. Good to know, because I'd like to the -1" on my stock 19s. on my 2011(when I get it) and not change anything else.
Old 5/28/10, 02:19 PM
Cobra Member

I just ordered my handling pack. I'm looking forward to getting it. I'm still debating getting the "K" springs though. I'd kind of like more than an inch of lowering. I'm affraid I wouldn't be satisfied with 1".
Old 5/28/10, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

shaun is in my car club, motownmuscle also. very cool car.

thats 3 suspension kits in one day all because im a pain in the a$$

Originally Posted by CDCTech
Speaking of, a local customer/friend of ours (Shaun Day) w/ a 2011 5.0 will be sporting these springs soon, if they are not already on his car. Here's a shot of his 2011 w/ the 1.5" springs and our RTR 19" wheels. He's running some serious rubber on all four corners and is getting some rubbing, so he's converting from the 1.5" springs to our 1" springs.

Old 5/28/10, 02:24 PM
Cobra Member

He has the kit on his gt that was in the parking, looked really nice, I don't want my car on the ground, and his looked good on the stock concept wheels.
Hey Patrick, got any pics of your car with this package installed you can share with us?

Huh?

Quick Reply: FRPP handling pack