05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

fogless GT grills

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/06 | 10:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

why is Cervini's grille not a true billet grille...it is made from solid billet alluminum is it not
Old 7/27/06 | 10:50 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

No. It's not. Looks to me like it's several piecs put together. All the horizontal bars and then the 2 or 3 vertical ones supporting them.
I'm not putting their grille down. Other than the fact that the bars are too close together for my taste, it's a nice grille, but it's not billet.

Glad someone is putting out a quality grille now unlike most of the first ones we saw when the new Mustang came out.
Old 7/31/06 | 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm not sure where you guys get your definitions for Billet as requiring it to be one piece of metal but that's not the case. Billet can mean anything from a piece of metal to a short thick piece of wood.

At any rate, I have it under good authority that Blow By Racing is working on a variety of black powder coated BILLET grilles this summer. One will be like the standard Elanor grille. Another is intended to hide the fogs behind the grille and another yet will have fogs in it though that one seems to be last in line. I'll be talking with them on Thursday to possibly order up a regular one for my car in time for a car show at the end of the month.

I'd like to retain my fogs if I can but I realized just how little I use them as I can't leave them on all the time when the headlights come on like in previous cars.
Old 7/31/06 | 09:08 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I'll be interested in seeing the one that hides the fogs behind the grille.
Old 8/1/06 | 01:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I'll be interested in seeing the one that hides the fogs behind the grille.
+1 .......
Old 8/1/06 | 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm calling the guy tomorrow or Thursday to find out how it went. They were working on some brackets Friday/Monday/Tuesday on a test mule. Hopefully they have some luck. I told them I wanted a powdercoated black grille, preferably with the foglight brackets for the International Mustang show in Edmonton for the end of the month. He said no problem on the powdercoated black, they can do one up for me right away but the brackets were just being worked on. I told him I'd call him back mid week and find out how it went, hopefully I can do the order for the set. I'll let him know there is some additional interest and post back anything else I find out.
Old 8/23/06 | 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Well no real updates. I've talked to BBR a few times over the past few weeks and they're just really busy working on various things. I guess UPS destroyed one of their prototypes so they have to jig another to get it sent off for production.

Of note the new grilles he expects to be $199 versus the $250 the old ones were and they should be more sturdy, at least in the clips where he said they could get damaged quite easily. The fogs that fit in behind will be some PIAA round units. He gave me the part number but I have it buried on my desk at home. They look pretty similar to stock but maybe a little bit smaller.

So I was to call him over the last few days but I've been busy catching up after coming back from vacation. I'll try to ring him up tomorrow and get an update. Not at all likely I'll get it for my car show at the end of the month but I'll probably get one this fall for the spring circut.
Old 8/23/06 | 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I have mine blacked out with Harmon Showlense's Limo apliques. Still is definately a GT, but toned down a bit.
Old 8/23/06 | 04:50 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
My hunt????
I don't want a billet grille.
Reading this cracked me up
I feel your pain bro!!
Old 8/23/06 | 09:01 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Yes, it's just a matter of semantics, but I'm a pretty exacting person sometimes. (OK, **** retentive) I prefer things to be correct. Not "Oh, it's close enough."
Glad I could entertain you, Chuck.