05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Finally got Saleen HIDs installed

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/06, 06:36 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ February 14, 2006, 7:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very nice! I love the tan1sm picture; beautiful area you live in there.

Good choice on the spoiler delete also!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks man! I fought Ford Canada hard for that option, as did some fellow Canucks. Those pictures were taken by my friend Michael Tan in an area of Toronto called the Old Mill (about 10 mins from me) which is along the Humber River. It's beautiful in the summer...

I loaded up more of them to my ftp (my website crashed and I don't have time to fix it right now). Click here: http://www.rondosa.com/images/

GRAYPNY took me a minute to figure out what you meant - its pink because of the sunset!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 11:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok, I think tan4 jsut became my favorite. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

I love the angle and the distance you took the picture from very much.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rondosa @ February 14, 2006, 4:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

cool beans, thx! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

i was trying to get a better idea of how the saleen hid's look from far away w/ the blueish/purple tint. me likey! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 06:32 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

**UPDATE**

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would update. I finally located a set of 9145 H10 bulbs on ebay and picked them up for $9 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Silverstars are impossible to find up here in Canada as they were only released by Sylvania a few months ago.

They arrived today and I installed them - here are the pictures. I'm really happy with them - especially for nine bucks!! I suspect that these are similar to all others out there, in that they have a slightly bluish tinge and the bulb itself is blue glass. They are much whiter then the yellowy halogens that come with the car - in person, they aren't actually as blue vs. the Saleens as they look in the pic. generally i'm very happy with the way they look.

Judge for yourself. I think the Silverstars or others would look the same as these ones, but are about 5x more expensive. The real test will be to see how long these last!

Cheers,
Kristina
Old 2/20/06, 06:55 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rondosa @ February 14, 2006, 7:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Guys - thanks for all the compliments on the car - it's killing me not driving it over the winter, but I guess it helps to keep that "new relationship bliss" for longer [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

I took some pictures of the car with the lights on and as far away as I could get without trespassing on the neighbours lawn (about 30 paces) and all the lights off. I haven't gone through the process of aiming the lights to make sure they are even so I think that accounts for some of the glare on one side over another. They look really great in person - actually very white looking.

Another

Attached some shots of the car from this past summer to show the stance - yes, Eibach Pro-Kits. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]
Hey krissy try here.My Webpagethey may have what your looking for. And hey ill be your sugar daddy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] By the way your car looks awesome with the hid's
Old 4/22/06, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I was inspired by your pictures, Krissy and pulled the trigger on a set! I picked up the kit from Haney Motorsports for $799.95 and everything was correct. No harness fitment problems at all. I was really surprised how simple an upgrade this was. It took me less than two hours to get it done. I was thinking much more. I've got the lights aimed a little low right now until I can get out on the street at night. Regardless, they look awesome! I'll post pictures when I get a chance to take some. Whoever wants to do this upgrade, I highly recommend it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Now I'm waiting on my Hoen yellow fogs...
Old 4/22/06, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(panamajk89 @ April 22, 2006, 6:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was inspired by your pictures, Krissy and pulled the trigger on a set! I picked up the kit from Haney Motorsports for $799.95 and everything was correct. No harness fitment problems at all. I was really surprised how simple an upgrade this was. It took me less than two hours to get it done. I was thinking much more. I've got the lights aimed a little low right now until I can get out on the street at night. Regardless, they look awesome! I'll post pictures when I get a chance to take some. Whoever wants to do this upgrade, I highly recommend it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Now I'm waiting on my Hoen yellow fogs...
[/b][/quote]

Congrats Panamajk89 in pulling the trigger and joining those of us with HID... look at the bright side (no pun intended!!!) - I paid $1099 for my set - you are getting yours a lot cheaper!!!!!

Nonetheless, I still consider the Saleen HIDs the best upgrade I have done to my 'Stang (at least until I can afford the SC). Love the unique look, and the night vision is unsurpassed.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 4/22/06, 10:20 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrkabc @ April 22, 2006, 3:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats Panamajk89 in pulling the trigger and joining those of us with HID... look at the bright side (no pun intended!!!) - I paid $1099 for my set - you are getting yours a lot cheaper!!!!!

Nonetheless, I still consider the Saleen HIDs the best upgrade I have done to my 'Stang (at least until I can afford the SC). Love the unique look, and the night vision is unsurpassed.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the nanner mrkabc! I took her out tonight and the lighting was awesome! Not blue, just really bright white. I don't know how I've lived without them for so long. I like the unique look. I don't see any other 'Stangs in these parts with them. There's another guy in the northern burbs of Chicago with them I saw posting on another site, but I've not run across him yet. I'm with you on the price...I was thinking about paying that $1099 a long time ago but thought of all the other things I could do with it. I'm glad I waited. Next on my list...CAI and maybe the painted mirror covers. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]