05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

A few Windveil Blue Fang Shaker Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/05, 09:53 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of my all time favorite mustangs is a grabber blue 1970 Mach 1 (pix #2 below).

I was hoping that Vista Blue with a Fang hood and shaker would allow for a similar look, but I think its too dark (for what I'm personally looking for).

Although Windveil Blue is not Grabber Blue, it does provide contrast with the Black Fang Hood (photoshop pix #3 below).

I really like the Windveil Blue with silver LeMans stripes (pix #1 below), and Fang has demostrated a black car with a silver 1970 style Mach 1 stripes with it's system ( http://www.fangperformance.com/gallery/02/index.htm ), so I thought a Windveil Blue with Silver Fang striped hood might look good too (photoshop pix #4).

Of course I could just buy a new Mustang and have it painted grabber blue. (Photoshop pix #5 below)

Better yet, Ford should bring back the Grabber Special (1970 promotion of ordinary mustangs i.e. not machs or Boss, in grabber colors with Boss style side graphics)
See http://www.mustanggrabber.com/ for more details on the grabber special.

Just thinking out loud about some ideas I'm tossing around.
Old 9/28/05, 11:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice chops man. I think it looks pretty good. I don't really like the black chin spoiler though. Please do more WB chops, I would love to see what alot of the stuff out there looks like on a WB.
Old 9/29/05, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by AFBLUE@September 28, 2005, 9:56 PM
I was hoping that Vista Blue with a Fang hood and shaker would allow for a similar look, but I think its too dark (for what I'm personally looking for).

I'm having the same ideas. I love the Fang hood/shaker, but I'm holding off for two reasons:
1) No one can tell me if the shaker will fit with a Saleen S/C.
2) My car is Sonic Blue and I'm afraid the black striping on blue may be too dark.

I think I may try to find a company that has a hockey stick graphic for the side and combine that with the shaker for a 70 Boss look. Unfortunately I haven't found one I really like yet.
Have you/Can you chop a Sonic Blue Fang unit for me?

Thanks,
Frank
Old 9/29/05, 04:47 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Here is my best estimate of Sonic Blue (just eyeballing it)
Old 9/29/05, 04:54 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Pictures below illustrates a real sonic blue with black stripes (albeit LeMans style).

With sun shinning on the hood it stands out but in the shade there is little contrast (too little for me). I would imagine that Vista Blue would provide simliar constrast with black stripes.

If you want to see more pix of this Sonic Blue with black shelby stripes, go to this link

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/821838/4

I think I may try to find a company that has a hockey stick graphic for the side and combine that with the shaker for a 70 Boss look. Unfortunately I haven't found one I really like yet.
Here's some of that Sonic Blue with side "hockey stick" stripes
Old 9/29/05, 06:47 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Here's a Sonic Blue and WB (again me eyeballing it) with the Fang Hood but with a CDC style grill (I toned down the brightness of the chrome).

I'm actually really digging this photoshop version.
Old 9/29/05, 08:37 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Here's one with the original CDC brightness.
Old 9/29/05, 10:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the work. I think that Sonic Blue car has added different stripes since they first posted. I may be wrong, but I don't remember liking their side stripes so much! If I use those with the Fang hood/shaker and bring the hockey stripe up and over the hood, it should blend really well. Now I'm going to have to find out a final answer on the Saleen S/C...then wheels....then Brakes... :bang: Dammitt, there went $10 grand.
Old 10/2/05, 12:46 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Here's one possibility if you wanted to stick with the original 1970 look and you have a dark colored car.

Give it a white border kinda like they did for the cubic inch number on some of the 1970 models.

This would enable the stripes to stand out even on Vista or Sonic Blue.