05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

"Extending" Stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/11, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Extending" Stripes?

Hello all, I have an unusual question. I have an '07 VB stang with White racing stripes. I presume these are aftermarket and not factory. I hate that they stop on the top of the trunk, I think it looks odd. I would love to "extend" them similar to the GT stripes an have them come all the way down the trunk and bumper. Has anyone ever done this? Would it be easier to remove the old ones on the trunk and install new? Or could I use some new vinyl one and start where the old ones stop? Thanks for any info!
Attached Images   
Old 5/13/11, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_Ponygrl88
Hello all, I have an unusual question. I have an '07 VB stang with White racing stripes. I presume these are aftermarket and not factory. I hate that they stop on the top of the trunk, I think it looks odd. I would love to "extend" them similar to the GT stripes an have them come all the way down the trunk and bumper. Has anyone ever done this? Would it be easier to remove the old ones on the trunk and install new? Or could I use some new vinyl one and start where the old ones stop? Thanks for any info!
Well it depends how much you want to pay for it. If money is not a problem, then I'd get new ones and start from scratch. You should definitely extend that stripe from bumper to bumper. I don't know why they stop there... I always wonder about that.
Old 5/13/11, 05:47 PM
V6 Member

At the very least remove the current trunk stripes and go from there. But I would just redo the entire stripping if it was me, that way they will line up and match in color.
Old 5/13/11, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheSmokedLights

Well it depends how much you want to pay for it. If money is not a problem, then I'd get new ones and start from scratch. You should definitely extend that stripe from bumper to bumper. I don't know why they stop there... I always wonder about that.
I agree, no idea why they ended it there. Looks weird lol

Originally Posted by redruder
At the very least remove the current trunk stripes and go from there. But I would just redo the entire stripping if it was me, that way they will line up and match in color.
Yeah I think that's what I'll do, there is a little nick in one that bothers me anyway. Thanks guys!