05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

A Ducktail that fills stock spoiler holes?

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/05, 07:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

I'm one of the 05 lucky Canadians (who did not have an option for a spoiler delete on the 05, nice that ford offers it in 06 though)
And I'm itching for a ducktail.

However, filling the holes etc is a lot of work and money that I'm hoping I (and others out there with a spoiler)can get a ducktail that covers those very holes.

Here are the options I'd look at for ducktails right now (at least in my book)

-Street Scenes (i love this one)
-CDC with 3rd brake light cutout.
-Xenon (DOES cover the spoilers holes)

The problem with the Xenon to me is the seam/split between spoiler/trunk that is there. I like that flush look of the CDC/SS ones, as it makes it more fluid and better looking.

Question, does anyone know of (or any aftermarket companies out there) have any plans to release a version of these that WILL cover the factory holes.
If Xenon made one that is like the one they have now, only that has that back piece that covers down (a cross between the Xenon and SS) I'd be all over it.

I just don't want to mess with the holes/paint the trunk if I don't have to.
And the CDC 'spoiler hole fill kit' is a complete joke!
Old 6/3/05, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Scene will be releasing a gen 2 rear deck spoiler that covers the deck lid holes. Its not a duck tail wing its a deck spoiler/wing. If you want a duck tail, I think your going to need to fill in the holes. The duck tail by nature wouldnt go back far enough to cover the holes.
Old 6/3/05, 10:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Keep yur spoiler you ^%&*. Looks sharp. Anything big enough to cover the holes might not look that good and you might not get the desired appearance.
Old 6/3/05, 11:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dan@June 3, 2005, 10:20 PM
Keep yur spoiler you ^%&*. Looks sharp. Anything big enough to cover the holes might not look that good and you might not get the desired appearance.
Blow By Racing is going to offer on within the next couple of weeks, It's made by Keanon. He has just finished the design,I have the first one, He's going to make two different versions, one will be a mold on wail tail, the other will be a bolt on application. I will be finished molding it in on the car by the end of next week.
Old 6/4/05, 06:28 AM
I Have No Life

James...

how does it look/compare?

I love the look of CDC/SS ones... the shape is just pefect.
The xenon would be perfect (for covering the holes) if it just had a front piece that went down the lid like CDC/SS ones.

Mike, I know what your sayin. And it may be the route i have to go.
I'm in no rush, but I'm hoping

oh and dan...go zaino your car and shut it
Old 6/4/05, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05+June 3, 2005, 8:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustang Mike 05 @ June 3, 2005, 8:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Street Scene will be releasing a gen 2 rear deck spoiler that covers the deck lid holes. Its not a duck tail wing its a deck spoiler/wing. If you want a duck tail, I think your going to need to fill in the holes. The duck tail by nature wouldnt go back far enough to cover the holes.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-flamin ponyexpress
@June 3, 2005, 11:43 PM
Blow By Racing is going to offer on within the next couple of weeks, It's made by Keanon. He has just finished the design,I have the first one, He's going to make two different versions, one will be a mold on wail tail, the other will be a bolt on application. I will be finished molding it in on the car by the end of next week.
[/quote]

Please post pics whenever you can.... i'm very eager to see how these products look.
Old 6/4/05, 01:52 PM
I Have No Life

Yeah, I'm really interested.

If it looks great, and fills the holes.
I'm sold
Old 6/4/05, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Boomer@June 4, 2005, 1:55 PM
Yeah, I'm really interested.

If it looks great, and fills the holes.
I'm sold
Only thing I have seen is this from CDC as well CDC Hole delete kit and I don't like the looks of it one bit. Best idea I have heard is to try and trade it out with a dealer or someone with the same color trunk as your wthout the spoiler.
Old 6/4/05, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just as I was lying my self to sleep I remembered this thread and another that may help. It looks like Cervinis is finally done with their Eleanor body kit and it has a different ducktail that may extend far enough up the hood that it may cover the holes and it looks as if it extends down the trunk as well. Check it out: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26028

Post 14 shows how far it goes up the trunk, so maybe it covers the holes, and my post 15 shows it compared to the SS ducktail.

Hope that helps you Boomer.
Old 6/4/05, 11:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Boomer@June 4, 2005, 8:31 AM
oh and dan...go zaino your car and shut it
Hehe.... I'm going to beat your **** at the next meet up Pete.

All I'm saying is that to cover the stock holes, you're going to need one big ducktail. It might look out of place.

If you find one though, let me know.
Old 6/5/05, 09:15 AM
I Have No Life

Thanks Mizanin,
Good comparo shot...

The Cervinis ducktail looks to go up far enough to cover the holes.
But almost looks too large (not to fill the holes, just the height of the ducktail)
I like the CDC/SS for height.
CDC is slightly smaller than SS (at least how it looks)
Old 6/5/05, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

There's just no satisfying you is there?? Me neither.
Old 6/5/05, 02:23 PM
I Have No Life

I know, i'm EXTREMELY picky.

The one I want, needs a bunch of work to make it right.
The ones I don't want, fill the holes and solve my problem

Ok, some company...i don't care who...
Just do it MY way
You'll have at LEAST one customer
Old 6/5/05, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sure you've though of this, but maybe your best bet is just a replacement trunk lid.

The Cervinis does look pretty tall, but maybe it looks better in person. Nothing like seeing it in person. Even the new mustangs in general just look so much better in person than in the pictures.
Old 6/5/05, 08:49 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Cervinis is tall to match the height of the hood that put on that beast. I do like it but it is pretty darn high if you don't get that hood to help offset it.
Old 6/6/05, 02:33 AM
Bullitt Member

One thing you all may be missing. I have the stock spoiler and eventually want to replace it with a ducttail also. But I have nevr really worried about covering the mounting holes

BECAUSE; I figure the duct tail will likily have to be painted anyway. And I plan on painting my stripes on along with mounting the ductail. So when they paint the ductail and stripes they can easily fill the holes and paint them anyway. Even if you dont have stripes painted, you will probably need the ductail painted and want it molded to the car body to look stock , and they would paint the trunk lid when they do that, then clear coat.

So if your adding a ductail I think your going to need some paint anyway which will take care of the holes. The main thing I want in the ductail is to keep my third brake light.
Old 6/6/05, 09:27 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by adrenalin@June 5, 2005, 9:52 PM
The Cervinis is tall to match the height of the hood that put on that beast. I do like it but it is pretty darn high if you don't get that hood to help offset it.
Adrenalin,

Although I disagree with you on some issues I respect your opinion. I wanted a very tall ducktail. Do you think that Cervinis ducktail is too tall with the stock hood (and an agressive CDC chin spoiler)?

What about with the original RKSport hood?
Old 6/6/05, 07:20 PM
I Have No Life

I'm just hoping something comes along that I can use without having to do a lot of work.

And its farely early in the game.
Old 6/6/05, 09:40 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pete,

Not sure if this would work for the 05 body style, but many of the 69-70 fastbacks had a ducktail and spoiler. Has anyone photoshopped or actually done this to see how it would look?

You would probably need a low profile ducktail and a tall spoiler (like a steeda) to make this work since the 05 has a horizontal trunk and the 69-70s had an angeled slope.
Old 6/7/05, 08:49 AM
I Have No Life

See I'd like that look sans spoiler

Quick Reply: A Ducktail that fills stock spoiler holes?