05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

The darkside of the "GT 500"

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/05, 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by future9er24+May 15, 2005, 8:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(future9er24 @ May 15, 2005, 8:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>just a thought, Justin, have you thought of getting someone to make you a custom thingie for your fake gas cap? like have the skull instead of the "GT" logo? that would be most awesome
[/b]

That's not a bad idea Arin...I was goig to use the cap from the new GT 500, but I'll see what I can come up with.

<!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys
@May 15, 2005, 10:32 PM
I love the RK Sport hood myself, are you concerned with all the trouble some people have had with that hood?
And to repeat...your car looks great, it is really turning in to 1 of a kind. I am trying to get used to the skull, I will assume your skull and stripes are vinyl, am I correct?
[/quote]

I am very concerned about the quality and fitment of this hood. Needles to say after Bryan's experiance, this hood will be under a microscope. If it's not up to par you guy's will be the second to know, after RK Sport of course. It will go right back to Cali if it's not right.... :bang: You are correct on the stripe's & skull both 3-M vinyl.
Old 5/16/05, 07:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Justin--AKA--Enfynet

Heh... Punisher vs. Jack Sparrow... That's a good one Mark thumb.gif

I'm saving my Batman mods for my batmobile project car.... Which is at least 3 years and a good job away.
With my stripe, a dark shadow gray metallic, on mineral gray metallic, I was thinking of a skull and crossbones dead center on the hood, and painted on the centercaps as well. I meantioned this on an ancient post of mine--"paint stripe issues."

Vegasjay: Now that you have gone punisher, get the skulls on your centercaps, get rocker stripes that say "Punisher 450GT", but leave the gas cap alone!

Jolly Rogers of VF fame would be my basis for my skull and bones. Back when the Navy could put stuff on their planes and not have the PC Police force them to take it off. Clinton admin weenies.
Old 5/17/05, 09:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Vegasjay@May 16, 2005, 6:08 PM
That's not a bad idea Arin...I was goig to use the cap from the new GT 500, but I'll see what I can come up with.
I am very concerned about the quality and fitment of this hood. Needles to say after Bryan's experiance, this hood will be under a microscope. If it's not up to par you guy's will be the second to know, after RK Sport of course. It will go right back to Cali if it's not right.... :bang: You are correct on the stripe's & skull both 3-M vinyl.
Cant wait for your hood review...when is it planned
Old 5/17/05, 10:50 AM
Rik
GT Member

Car looks awesome!

I used to be a Marvel Comics artist back in the 90's and got to draw the Punisher a few times...needless to say, I approve of the skull emblem.

Used to have a black 99 Formula Firebird that most of my friends called "the Batmobile". Never put any decals on it though.
Old 5/17/05, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by davids2toys+May 17, 2005, 9:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ May 17, 2005, 9:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cant wait for your hood review...when is it planned
[/b]

I ordered the fifth hood, so I should get it fairly quick. I'm having it drop shipped straight to my bodyshop, where they are under strict order's to go over it with a fine tooth comb...

<!--QuoteBegin-Rik
@May 17, 2005, 10:53 AM
Car looks awesome!

I used to be a Marvel Comics artist back in the 90's and got to draw the Punisher a few times...needless to say, I approve of the skull emblem.

Used to have a black 99 Formula Firebird that most of my friends called "the Batmobile". Never put any decals on it though.
[/quote]

Thay's very cool, I appreciate your work on a great storyline.
Old 5/17/05, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 5/17/05, 11:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@May 17, 2005, 8:40 PM
I ordered the fifth hood, so I should get it fairly quick. I'm having it drop shipped straight to my bodyshop, where they are under strict order's to go over it with a fine tooth comb...
Thay's very cool, I appreciate your work on a great storyline.
What is the fifth hood?
Old 5/17/05, 11:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@May 16, 2005, 6:08 PM
How does the vinyl look after some wear and tear from the weather, washing, etc..., are the edges getting raggedy at all
Old 5/18/05, 05:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by davids2toys+May 17, 2005, 11:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ May 17, 2005, 11:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is the fifth hood?
[/b]

I am the fifth order. I will be getting a hood from the first production run.

<!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys
@May 18, 2005, 12:01 AM
How does the vinyl look after some wear and tear from the weather, washing, etc..., are the edges getting raggedy at all
[/quote]

The vinyl is holding up great. This is a harsh envionment (rock's & sand) and I race all the time, be it on the street or at the track. I wash it at least once a week and use Ziano product's all the time. The front bumber get's rock chipped, but the good part is, unlike paint they replace the two small front piece's (the vinyl shop has done this once) and it's good as new!