05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CS6 Hood and S/C

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/07, 05:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CS6 Hood and S/C

I've been searching and reading around and haven't been able to come across much to answer my question.

Does anyone know or have a CS6 hood and have a whipple s/c. Are there issues with closing/rubbing? If so what did you do to solve the problem? I know like with the Saleen S/C you need to lower the engine for a hood to close. I imagine the same could be done if theres a rubbing issue with a CS6 hood?

I've yet to find a hood which really attracts me. I had some high hopes for some hoods but when I saw the finish look I decided it wouldn't go well with my over all theme/look of my car. Anyways CS6 has always attracted me and I also plan on S/Cing(Whipple) when Im outta college in a couple years. Any sugggestions? Sorry for the million questions.
Old 8/17/07, 11:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Here ya go bud. Louie (G.T) installed a Whipple with his CS6/GTH hood and had to modify the underside to fit (small area where the belt is and the intake tube). Follow this thread.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=63304

I also had to modify mine to fit over a Roushcharger. We cut the center square out (lloks factory in this pic, bodyshop did a great job) and then had to make the little hole to fit over the alternator since it gets re-located there. Since then I have had to make the smaller hole larger because it would still run under load because the engine flexes. Stiffer motor mounts helped as well.

Bottom line, SAI stated this hood was designed with centrifugal super chargers in mind, mainly the paxton. I have seen some people with that setup also experiance rubbing issues. Louie and I both purchased our hoods last year and since then SAI had said they would be doing to research into getting this hood to fit better over top mounted SC's. Best bet would be to call SAI and see if they did that otherwose plan on having to mod it if you go with a Roots or Twinscrew SC