05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Clear turn signals available

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/06, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been waiting on these forever! I'm pretty happy with having them tinted, but this was what I originally wanted, and with the stealth bulbs, it would be right! Looking forward to install info and pics, and then I'll order.
Old 2/9/06, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

They'd look titsup tinted. So who makes tint/overlays for these?
Old 2/10/06, 07:04 AM

I think tinted is the way to go for the darker cars! I think these would look good on white, lime, and even the red. On black [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Blue Batmobile makes the tinted overlays for the headlights and front turn signals.

BLUE BATMOBILE TINTED OVERLAYS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redbullet @ February 9, 2006, 9:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
They'd look titsup tinted. So who makes tint/overlays for these?
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/10/06, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rony1976 @ February 9, 2006, 4:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks Luke! You might have a partner on the clear side markers!!!
[/b][/quote]

NP -I'll be the TMS gunnie pig on this one!! Since you helped with the gauges. I'm thinking these will be alright on perf white - we'll see. Maybe I can get them in by next weekend.............
Old 2/10/06, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nole_trainer @ February 10, 2006, 10:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
NP -I'll be the TMS gunnie pig on this one!! Since you helped with the gauges. I'm thinking these will be alright on perf white - we'll see. Maybe I can get them in by next weekend.............
[/b][/quote]

I have a set on order too--including the stealth bulbs. This has gotta look better on my Tungsten GT than the amber lights! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I just hope I don't have to take the bumper off to install them.

Does anyone out there know what it takes to install these?
Old 2/10/06, 09:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK so the clear ones are available - cool [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Now if only someone would make smoked ones and I'm in! And to those of you putting in the "silver when off/amber when lit bulbs" - that's the way to go IMO - looks tight [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] RICE is NOT clear markers, but when someone puts a darn clear bulb in there and it blinds the crap out of you IF they use their blinkers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

RICE!!!! the clear corners do not go with the retro theme of the car. whats next clear rear side markers and clear/ricetezza tails? maybe the black halo headlights? leave it stock. i dont even like the AM headlights/turns on the new edge mustangs. KEEP IT STOCK!
Old 2/10/06, 10:00 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(official_style @ February 10, 2006, 10:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
RICE!!!! the clear corners do not go with the retro theme of the car. whats next clear rear side markers and clear/ricetezza tails? maybe the black halo headlights? leave it stock. i dont even like the AM headlights/turns on the new edge mustangs. KEEP IT STOCK!
[/b][/quote]

Red lights in rear and the front's goin clear!!!!!!!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

Call it rice if you will, but the lights will go amber when they NEED to! It's an updated retro look anyway.
Old 2/10/06, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

So, keep it stock, right?
What do you call Yellow fogs, what do you call HIDs, what do you call a dual gauge pod? All that is in your signature, and ALL those things are found in ricers too! I mean, old school didn't have yellow fogs, that came with offroad cars, HIDs? that's mostly in exports, not old muscle cars... so IMO, clear side markers, are not rice, even clear rear side markers, I would not find that rice, just making your car look more slick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MOstang @ February 10, 2006, 12:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

... It's an updated retro look anyway...
[/b][/quote]

I agree
Old 2/10/06, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

all of the stuff on my car is nessecary. gauges are needed for blower. HIDs are needed because stock headlights are not sufficient for driving fast at night, yellow fogs were because the stock fog bulbs looked gay after putting the hids on. and older stangs did have yellow fogs. i like the way the orange and red look on this car. but to each his own. i do have clear corners on my yukon. i guess what i meant is that they will not go with the look i am doing on my car. if your going for the new style look i guess they will look hot. pics... i think they go with the look of the yukon, but not with my stang!

Old 2/10/06, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's it, I'm going to order lights on my washers, a big wing, spinners, chrome grill, etc, etc etc.

I knew it would not be long before we had rice vs. non-rice. Can't we all just get along.....
Old 2/10/06, 10:48 AM
Cobra Member

LUKE! DON"T! I'm gonna order it first, I don't want you to beat me to it... he he he he
Old 2/10/06, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

haha my ex had rice washer nozzles on her jetta and her prelude, i used to make fun of her all the time!
Old 2/10/06, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

10 years ago our stock headlights would of been considered "Rice".

Times change.

Define Muscle car?

Cragars
Thrush
Holley
Simpson
Edelbrock
Crane
Hooker
Champion
Purolator
Old 2/10/06, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 04:32 PM
Bullitt Member

The 64 1/2 had clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

I also believe the 68s did too. No sure though.
Old 2/10/06, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ February 11, 2006, 12:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Is this [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] because of the Headlight comment or Muscle car list [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangjack @ February 10, 2006, 5:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The 64 1/2 had clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

I also believe the 68s did too. No sure though.
[/b][/quote]
hmm. Didn't know that. Thanks.
I checked the 68. You were right. They were clear also... except in the hood.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wardog 07 @ February 10, 2006, 7:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is this [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] because of the Headlight comment or Muscle car list [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Headlight.
Are you saying the 2005 headlights would have been considered rice 10 years ago or that the 1996 headlights could be considered rice today? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ February 11, 2006, 4:03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Headlight.
Are you saying the 2005 headlights would have been considered rice 10 years ago or that the 1996 headlights could be considered rice today? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Headlights on the 05 - If todays 05 headlight was put on a car 10 years ago, some would call it "rice".
Old 2/10/06, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DINOONE @ February 10, 2006, 9:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think tinted is the way to go for the darker cars! I think these would look good on white, lime, and even the red. On black [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Blue Batmobile makes the tinted overlays for the headlights and front turn signals.

BLUE BATMOBILE TINTED OVERLAYS
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, I had his link but his website is still down. Mine is a Redfire and figured it would look better with the overlay on clear rather than the yellow.

Quick Reply: Clear turn signals available