05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Classic CDC Chin Spoiler vs. Stock Front Facia

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/07, 06:43 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classic CDC Chin Spoiler vs. Stock Front Facia

Quick question...

How much lower does the CDC Classic Chin Spoiler hang compared to the stock front end? I really love the spoiler but I may have driveway issues.
Old 8/12/07, 06:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

about an inch at most, my double sided tape is not sticking to my bumper and i have found that it actually helps me since the spoiler now moves up or bends down easier when i hit parking bumps and driveways
Old 8/12/07, 10:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
about an inch at most, my double sided tape is not sticking to my bumper and i have found that it actually helps me since the spoiler now moves up or bends down easier when i hit parking bumps and driveways
+1 I think it's saved my chin spoiler from several scratches.
Old 8/13/07, 07:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
+1 on having the spoiler loose in the middle - has saved me a few times also
Old 8/15/07, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

you guys running the classic of the agressive one?
Old 8/15/07, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Does it rattle if it's not attached with the tape?
Old 8/15/07, 11:10 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Tsbird1994
I have the classic and my tape is rock solid. I've hit several things with it and it just bounces right back.

One suggestion though, I got mine in the textured black...so if there is ever a mark on it I just whip out the old trusty rattle can and touch it up. Good as new! Of course I have a black car so the flat black looks sweet on it.

Good luck
Old 8/15/07, 09:31 PM
GT Member

Installed my classic today...man, it does so much for the front end. I got the matte black, as I have a black GT. It took about 20 minutes to install and I'm pretty much a novice at anything auto related. It does only come down about an inch and I didn't scrape at the bottom of my driveway!

As for rattling, I don't know because I used the tape provided.
Old 8/16/07, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
I have the classic and my tape is rock solid. I've hit several things with it and it just bounces right back.

One suggestion though, I got mine in the textured black...so if there is ever a mark on it I just whip out the old trusty rattle can and touch it up. Good as new! Of course I have a black car so the flat black looks sweet on it.

Good luck
+1 on everything AirGoNomyk said! The CDC Classic is the way to go, especially since I didn't lower my car (no plans to). I still clear curbs and parking blocks with about a 1/4" to spare. DEFINITELY adds looks to the front end of the car.
Old 8/16/07, 11:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And there's always this one, bolts on to the bottom of the bumper, no adhesive, and clears a parking lot curb even on our lowered cars.

In stock, made from thick fiberglass (weighs 9 lbs.) and comes with stainless steel attaching hardware.
Old 8/16/07, 12:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tsbird1994
Classic for me.

Originally Posted by Rash
Does it rattle if it's not attached with the tape?
Nope. Altough I'm sure it moves up or down ever so slightly while going over bumpy roads or with the force of the wind. You'll see when you put yours on that even with out the screws in place it will sit in position. It's a really well made piece.
Old 8/16/07, 01:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
+1 on everything AirGoNomyk said! The CDC Classic is the way to go, especially since I didn't lower my car (no plans to). I still clear curbs and parking blocks with about a 1/4" to spare. DEFINITELY adds looks to the front end of the car.
I really don't want to lower mine either, which is why I went with the classic. I'm still tossing around the idea of getting it lowered though because the gap between the top of the rear tire and the bottom or the wheel well kinda drives me nuts.
Old 8/16/07, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jpro
I really don't want to lower mine either, which is why I went with the classic. I'm still tossing around the idea of getting it lowered though because the gap between the top of the rear tire and the bottom or the wheel well kinda drives me nuts.
I felt the same way about how the rear was jacked up so I went with a set of rear Roush springs which IMO took care of it
Old 8/16/07, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ranger
I felt the same way about how the rear was jacked up so I went with a set of rear Roush springs which IMO took care of it
Ranger,

So you only put the springs on the back? Does Roush sell only back springs? Do you have pics you can post so I can see what it looks like? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 8/17/07, 02:12 AM
V6 Member

What are the cons for the aggressive?
Old 8/17/07, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Nope. Altough I'm sure it moves up or down ever so slightly while going over bumpy roads or with the force of the wind. You'll see when you put yours on that even with out the screws in place it will sit in position. It's a really well made piece.
That's good to hear. i have the clear bra on my fron end, and I didn't want to use the sticky tape on it in case i ever want to remove the chin spoiler. Sounds like i might be okay to just install it with the bolts and leave it untaped. Thanks for the info.
Old 8/17/07, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VictorInATX
What are the cons for the aggressive?
You have to cut your front facia for installation and it hangs lower compared to the classic.

Rash made a very good point. With the classic, if you ever want to remove it and go with the stock facia again you are able to do it. With the aggressive, once you modify the facia by cutting pieces from it, it won't be an install thats reversible. I prefered the classic just on looks alone....the rest is a bonus, IMO.
Old 8/17/07, 05:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jpro
Ranger,

So you only put the springs on the back? Does Roush sell only back springs? Do you have pics you can post so I can see what it looks like? Sorry for all the questions!
My digital camera is messed up but hopefully this will help.

Roush does sell a set of rear springs (www.roushperformance.com) for $125.00. They are blue and the Part # is 401295. With the 18" wheels, the rear is now 1/2" higher. I think before doing the springs, the difference was 1 or 1 1/4".