05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Chrome Deep Dish Bullits

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 02:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone looking to get some chrome DD bullits check out mustang tuning. http://www.mustangtuning.com/march-sales.html. They have a sale going on for the month of march. I've been looking for the best price for the black DD bullits. If anyone one has seen a better price please let me know. Thanks

PS Woke up butt early to study for an exam. But whats the first thing I do. Post here. Admitting I have a problem is the first step. Now the only way to fix it is with more mods. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 05:17 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewingfly @ March 9, 2006, 4:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Anyone looking to get some chrome DD bullits check out mustang tuning. http://www.mustangtuning.com/march-sales.html. They have a sale going on for the month of march. I've been looking for the best price for the black DD bullits. If anyone one has seen a better price please let me know. Thanks

PS Woke up butt early to study for an exam. But whats the first thing I do. Post here. Admitting I have a problem is the first step. Now the only way to fix it is with more mods. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

i may have to get these----what should i go with though 18 x 9 or 18 x 10? what is the diffrence, just width of the tire?
Old 3/9/06, 06:41 AM

I would wait for the new Bullits that do not need spacers.
Who wants to use spacers?
Old 3/9/06, 09:35 AM
GT Member

I would agree, wait for somebody to come out with ones that don't require spacers. I had a heck of time getting my Mustang Tuning deep dishes to stop shaking. They don't bother to tell you on their site that you may have issues with 1/4" spacers. Nice. The 1/4' spacer that was supposed to come along with the tires did not and this is happening to just more than one person. I was able to drop down to a spacer half that size and it JUST BARELY clears the calipers. They are sending people wheels with mis-matched center caps and to date after talking with them, emailing them, to which there is no reponse, I gave up and bought some center caps locally. Not a great experience with this company.
Old 3/9/06, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I wasn't aware that these needed spacers, I'm sorta disapointed now..i really wanted the DD bullits.

I worked at Discount Tire during my first couple years of college, and we weren't even allowed to touch spacers. If someone wanted to buy $6,000 rims that required spacers we'd have to send em out the door.

spacers=bad
Old 3/9/06, 03:24 PM

Has anyone heard if anyone will be offering deep dish rims like the new stock 18" bullitts that come on the '06?
Old 3/9/06, 04:16 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seaclam @ March 9, 2006, 10:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would agree, wait for somebody to come out with ones that don't require spacers. I had a heck of time getting my Mustang Tuning deep dishes to stop shaking. They don't bother to tell you on their site that you may have issues with 1/4" spacers. Nice. The 1/4' spacer that was supposed to come along with the tires did not and this is happening to just more than one person. I was able to drop down to a spacer half that size and it JUST BARELY clears the calipers. They are sending people wheels with mis-matched center caps and to date after talking with them, emailing them, to which there is no reponse, I gave up and bought some center caps locally. Not a great experience with this company.
[/b][/quote]

I just got some 18x9 DD bullitts from them for the front and they didn't come with spacers like the web site said they would. I had to call today and they said they would send me the spacers. I hope I don't have any issues with wheel shake. Anyways if you're going to order from them make sure you phone order and mention you need 1/4" spacers for the fronts.
Old 3/9/06, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Got mine a few weeks ago off the the web and came with 4 spacers. Maybe I got yours. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 04:58 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nvader @ March 9, 2006, 5:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Got mine a few weeks ago off the the web and came with 4 spacers. Maybe I got yours. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] man I could've really used those extra 2 yesterday.
Old 3/9/06, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

DD on the new look bullit; how so when they dont even have a lip? I must say I dig the european look tho.
Old 3/9/06, 08:34 PM
GT Member

JUST REMEMBER: If you end up having wheel shake, two things to look for. ONE, the rotor clips put on by the factory and should be removed by the tire shop. TWO(which varies from car to car), that 1/4" spacer is pushing your wheel too far away from the hub. I was able to change to a spacer half the size of the 1/4" size and like magic the shimmy went away.
Old 3/9/06, 10:21 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seaclam @ March 9, 2006, 9:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
JUST REMEMBER: If you end up having wheel shake, two things to look for. ONE, the rotor clips put on by the factory and should be removed by the tire shop. TWO(which varies from car to car), that 1/4" spacer is pushing your wheel too far away from the hub. I was able to change to a spacer half the size of the 1/4" size and like magic the shimmy went away.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, where did you get the smaller 1/8" spacer from?
Old 3/10/06, 12:10 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blk05stang @ March 9, 2006, 9:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks, where did you get the smaller 1/8" spacer from?
[/b][/quote]

They just had them at the tire shop. Nobody there as well as I thought it would work, but we gave it a try and sure enough my troubles were gone.