05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Champion Fiberglass Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/06, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I had a nice run in with a U-Haul mirror the other day. The dang drivers side mirror of the truck come flying off while I was cruising north on 95 on my way home from Washington DC. The truck was one lane to my right and the mirror shattered all over the place when it hit the road. I swerved and didn't run over anything major and I also didn't hear any major object hit my car. I thought I was safe so I didn't bother to get the plate number of the truck [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]. This morning I walk past my car and notice to massive paint chips on my hood. The pieces of the mirror actually shaved some metal off of my hood and I now have two razor sharp edges in the middle of my hood. I can't stand looking at these chips and touchup paint just wont do it for me.

I have always wanted the Steeda cowl hood but it's too friggin expensive for me, I found a similar hood over at Champion Fiberglass Products for a decent price. I have a few questions.... does anyone have a hood from these guys? How is their service? How tough is it for a body shop to match Torch Red (so there is no noticable difference between the hood and fenders)?

PS - Anyone looking for a used Torch Red hood if I order the cowl hood? Let me know.
Old 2/8/06, 09:45 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice find. I hadn't seen them before, but I like that 1" cowl hood design. I've always wanted the Saleen hood, because the center bulge was less obvious than the Steeda, and I like the vents, but it's way too expensive also. With this hood I could have the bump, and later on, if I feel like experimenting in fiberglass, I could add my own vents (not that this design needs it).

I'm interested in seeing if anyone else has seen or purchased a hood from them also, and seeing what it looks like mounted.