05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Is cervinis gt500 splitter a finish product?

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/08, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is cervinis gt500 splitter a finish product?

https://www.cervinis.com/large.aspx?img=4339_820.jpg

Does the cervini gt500 splitter require painting and prep or is it a finish product like the shelby gt500 splitter?
Old 3/14/08, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm pretty sure it comes in gel coat and needs finishing.
Old 3/14/08, 10:29 AM
Cobra R Member

It needs finishing. It comes in an ugly yellow.
https://www.cervinis.com/Files/File/...ns/4339(1).pdf
Old 3/14/08, 04:50 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought and modified the OEM GT500 spoiler to fit my GT, turned out better then I expected it would, I'm very happy with the finished result, and no prep and painting required, just some stainless nuts, bolts and washes from Home Depot and about 2 hours of my time to modify, and only about $70.00 total to do.

Old 3/14/08, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by partsbill
I bought and modified the OEM GT500 spoiler to fit my GT, turned out better then I expected it would, I'm very happy with the finished result, and no prep and painting required, just some stainless nuts, bolts and washes from Home Depot and about 2 hours of my time to modify, and only about $70.00 total to do.

Nice - did you take any pictures of the modifications you did? And, how much was the splitter? Did you buy it from a Ford dealer? Sorry for all the questions but I want that splitter
Old 3/14/08, 05:48 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the spoiler from the dealer, current retail price is $67.77, I didn't take any pictures during the modding of the spoiler because I really wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it wasn't that hard to do.
there is about 1 foot of a reinforcement moulded on the chin spoiler on each side that you have to cut off flush so that it will fit flush with the bottom of the bumper, I used my dremel with a cutoff wheel, start by attaching the sides of the spoiler to the car using the top hole on each side, there are screws that hold the inner fender liner to the fender already there, then you can raise the spoiler up to mark where you need to trim, you'll trim most of it off except about a inch, after you get it trimmed to where it fits nice you can smooth it out by sanding down, be careful not to scratch the outer part of the spoiler that you will see, I did not have to sand because I was able to cut it off with the dremel to where it was nice and smooth, after it's trimmed and fits nice you are ready to bolt to the car, using the 2 outer holes on each side as a guide, mark your bumper and drill holes, then using stainless bolts & nuts you can mount to your car, the vertical ends on each side can be moulded to the contour of your fender opening by using a heat gun, I drilled another hole about half way down and used a trim screw on each side to pull the sides in, the last thing I did was drill another hole in the center of the bumper and mount the spoiler to the bumper so that the middle of the spoiler was supported, there are a total of 5 bolts that mount the spoiler to the bottom of the bumper, 2 underneath on each end and 1 in the center, 2 screws on each end that hold the sides, the last thing was to fill the rest of the holes with interior trim plugs, also I used some rubberized roof flashing and moulded a cap to cover the center opening of the spoiler that was visible before I mounted it to the car, it took about 2 hours to do but in the end it turned out great. Also you'll notice a little tab on the spoiler on top in the middle, I took a razor blade and cut it off flush, then I used some liquid nails and glued it back flush in the hole that was there, I applied the glue underneath the spoiler so you wouldn't see it.
Bill
Old 3/14/08, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's what that splitter looks like from Cervini. Mine is being painted "hot rod" black and should be on the car by next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Is cervinis gt500 splitter a finish product?-shaker-parts-006-small-large-.jpg  

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 3/14/08 at 05:56 PM.
Old 3/14/08, 05:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Dang, partsbill and I are like distant cousins or something. We keep doing the same installs.

Here's my thread with some pics:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...gt500+splitter

There are some other threads too. I'm just too lazy to search for them, but they're there.

Last edited by mikes rx; 3/14/08 at 05:57 PM.
Old 3/14/08, 07:29 PM
Cobra R Member

I would personally go with the Legend splitter from SHR. It doesn't need any prep or paint, and fits perfectly. The problem with the Cervini's one, is the side. The bumper has the small spoiler on it, and the Cervini's spoiler completely ignores that. The GT500 one has that terrible gap in the middle.
Old 3/14/08, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't know about that. I think it looks good on my friend's car and the fit is great.
Attached Thumbnails Is cervinis gt500 splitter a finish product?-imgp1409.jpg   Is cervinis gt500 splitter a finish product?-imgp1411.jpg  
Old 3/14/08, 08:26 PM
Cobra R Member

It's better than the GT500 one, no doubt. The average person just walking by won't notice, but it still leaves a few things unaddressed.
Old 3/14/08, 11:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
I would personally go with the Legend splitter from SHR. It doesn't need any prep or paint, and fits perfectly. The problem with the Cervini's one, is the side. The bumper has the small spoiler on it, and the Cervini's spoiler completely ignores that. The GT500 one has that terrible gap in the middle.

I don't like the SHR one because it doesn't have the tip on each side of the bumper. It just a flat chin. Anyone know how bad the gap is for the gt500 splitter? any pics of the center gap? Whats the part number for the gt500 splitter?
Old 3/15/08, 12:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I don't know about that. I think it looks good on my friend's car and the fit is great.
what color did your friend paint his chin? Also where did he get his grill from?
Old 3/15/08, 12:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by buffguy
Anyone know how bad the gap is for the gt500 splitter? any pics of the center gap?
Look at the link a few posts up

But, the end-all be-all is that the gaps are dependent on the craftsmanship of the modification. It's not a direct bolt on. Your fabrication skills will determine the outcome.

Last edited by mikes rx; 3/15/08 at 12:27 AM.
Old 3/19/08, 11:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Here's what that splitter looks like from Cervini. Mine is being painted "hot rod" black and should be on the car by next weekend.
Bump...

Did you have it installed yet? Any pics?
Old 3/19/08, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

My friend is prepping and painting it and he has been busy. Hopefully I will have it on by the end of the month. I'll post pictures when it's on. Thanks for your interest.
Old 3/20/08, 04:33 AM

emailed Phillip at Cervini's late January asking if there were any plans to offer the chin spoiler painted or in molded black. If anyone is interested in the same, I would suggest to email him with your interest. Maybe we can get them to produce it in black if we show him there is a definite market. Phillip's reply below

Mr. Hess,

We may be offering it in painted form in the future but I do not have any sort of conformation as of now. Keep checking the website; I am sure that it will be announced on the website if it becomes available. Thank you

Philip J Sieri
Cervini's Auto Design
1-800-488-6057
www.cervinis.com
Old 3/20/08, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

My friend is prepping and painting it and he has been busy. Hopefully I will have it on by the end of the month. I'll post pictures when it's on. Thanks for your interest.
Looking forward to seeing it. To me, it's one of a few spoilers that looks correct on the GT.

Hessy;

The only thing holding me back from buying it is the fact that it needs finishing. If it were ready to install out of the box, I'd already have it.