05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Cervinis 68 ram air hood pics

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/07, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougxox
I just feel adding more air to the cone will help, once a CAI is installed the only air seams to come from the bottom, ie: off the road which is not cold but warm and there is not a lot of room for much air to move through there.
What PO's me is that Cervinis does not tell anyone that the ram air option is designed for the stock air box and needs to be cut in . For me to use it I have to redesign the shroud around the CAI to work with the ram air. Called them today said if it was not painted I could send it back told them no where in their ad's or the rep on the phone said anything about it not working with a CAI, they said " You never told us you were runing one" AAAGGGGHHHHH How the F*** was I supposed to know I was to tell them about all my mods...

I'll work with it to make it work.

OK off the soap box now. sorry

man..im very sorry about that
darn!
Old 7/24/07, 05:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Yea, I had my issues with cervinin as well
Old 7/24/07, 06:17 PM
V6 Member

I guess I am glad I didnt get the ram air option. My KR hood will be installed Wednesday. I drop off the car in the Morning to get it installed and wet sanded and buffed.

I picked up my Facia, CDC Chin Spoiler, and Xenon Duck Tail and just finished installing those.

After all the waiting and reshoots it looks really good. In the future I will go to a higher end paint shop just so I know I wont have to baby sit them to make sure everything is right.
Old 7/24/07, 08:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by My06Stang
I guess I am glad I didnt get the ram air option. My KR hood will be installed Wednesday. I drop off the car in the Morning to get it installed and wet sanded and buffed.

I picked up my Facia, CDC Chin Spoiler, and Xenon Duck Tail and just finished installing those.

After all the waiting and reshoots it looks really good. In the future I will go to a higher end paint shop just so I know I wont have to baby sit them to make sure everything is right.
Get us some pic's when you can Sounds like you got the whole package going
Old 7/24/07, 08:44 PM
GT Member

my06stang and I are in the same club, and I know for a fact that car is going to be awesome! Going to give me a run for my $$ at the local shows
Old 7/25/07, 05:27 PM
V6 Member

As Promised here are a few shots as I got it today.
I will post some more shots later we had a storm coming through.

Old 7/25/07, 06:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow that's a lot of hood. Looks good

How is the fit on it? did it need a lot of prep and adjustments?
Old 7/25/07, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

As with any body part there is some prep that will need to be done. I would suggest looking the parts over very closely before taking them in to paint. Make sure you show the body guy everything that you could be concerned about.

As for Fit with the Cervini it couldn't have been nicer. No adjustments at all, gaps were dead on. All the mold edges needed a little sanding and some glazing putty.
Old 7/25/07, 07:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by My06Stang
As with any body part there is some prep that will need to be done. I would suggest looking the parts over very closely before taking them in to paint. Make sure you show the body guy everything that you could be concerned about.

As for Fit with the Cervini it couldn't have been nicer. No adjustments at all, gaps were dead on. All the mold edges needed a little sanding and some glazing putty.
Sounds normal for aftermarket hoods. Sweet deal
Old 7/25/07, 08:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Very beasty. How many inches back is it from the front of the hood to the openings?
Old 7/30/07, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by traffic142
Ditto - Cervini's has great product, but they are soarly lacking in customer service and tending to customer needs. I'll post my horror story soon enough, but suffice it to say I wish I never had them do my C300 build and took my chances with my local body shop. Ok, off soapbox for now...
Old 7/31/07, 08:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by jcode68
Ditto - Cervini's has great product, but they are soarly lacking in customer service and tending to customer needs. I'll post my horror story soon enough, but suffice it to say I wish I never had them do my C300 build and took my chances with my local body shop. Ok, off soapbox for now...
Interesting..
Old 8/1/07, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by traffic142
Me too. I bought one of their front bumpers from somebody and they didn't have the splash shield that went on the bottom. Cervinis refused to sell it to me separately without buying the whole bumper. They say they're molded together, but they're two separate pieces.

I love the look of that hood though. Just wish I had the money to go through with it.
Old 8/11/07, 11:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Update?
Old 8/12/07, 09:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Talked with dealer on Friday, said I should get the call next week . They had a new body shop built with a "state of the art" paint booth and are waiting for an occupancy permit to get into it. Talking with the body shop mgr, he has another hot job in the wings and that and mine will be painted alternately .
The other vehicle belongs to Nelly the rap singer. They will try to get some pixs of the two together ( my car and his Jeep). I will post them when I get them.
Also getting the windows tinted and the calipers painted at the same time too

Soon I can't wait... like getting the car new. I have a whole box of mods to put on when I get it back.
Old 10/10/07, 11:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like the Cervini's hood is no longer available with the heat extractors. I called them today after noticing that the hood on the website was missing the extractors. They said they were having mold problems...
Old 10/10/07, 08:22 PM
Cobra R Member

When I ordered mine, they said they could only get about 4 a week out, at best 5, or one a day. The heat extractors are for looks if you use the water diverters, they seal tight around the edge. I plan on taking a grinder and cutting 1/4 inch slots around the upper edge of the drip tray so some heat will extract.
Old 10/11/07, 05:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The heat extractors are a deal breaker for me... If it doesn't have them, then I will have to find another hood that does.

Looks like the Trufiber is next in line. But I liked the way the Cervini's KR hood stopped the scoops a few inches before the front (nose) of the hood. The Trufiber has the scoops going all the way to the nose. Not sure I like that as much. Or I should say that it did not bother me much until I saw the Cervini's hood.

From a heat extractor standpoint, my only other option is this hood from Maier Racing. I like it and it is functional, but it only dumps the air over the engine - there are no provisions to direct the air over to the air box...
Attached Thumbnails Cervinis 68 ram air hood pics-146-4682_img.jpg