05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

center fog light grill

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/07, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
center fog light grill

I just got the ss center fog light grill (factory honeycomb) and I wanted to add an emblem to it. I know a lot of you guys are putting the tri bar pony on the lower side. I took all of the GT's off of the car and I think it will look pretty good in the lower driver's side area. My question is, how are you mounting the emblems? Will 3m tape work? Do you think it will hold? There is not as much surface area on the gt as there is on the pony. I'd just like some ideas if you got 'em.

Thanks...John
Old 1/2/07, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not my design but I copied it from this site. Works like a charm and nobody will steal your emblem!
Attached Thumbnails center fog light grill-emblem.jpg  
Old 1/2/07, 07:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Nice pic Rich. Oh by the way, there's something wrong with your signature.......
Old 1/2/07, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

...lol
Old 1/3/07, 11:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by askewstang
I just got the ss center fog light grill (factory honeycomb) and I wanted to add an emblem to it. I know a lot of you guys are putting the tri bar pony on the lower side. I took all of the GT's off of the car and I think it will look pretty good in the lower driver's side area. My question is, how are you mounting the emblems? Will 3m tape work? Do you think it will hold? There is not as much surface area on the gt as there is on the pony. I'd just like some ideas if you got 'em.

Thanks...John
Hey John, I have the same grill, and I have a small tribar emblem from the left fender of a SN-95 car. Mine is held on with the 3m tape that is already applied to it. I haven't had ANY issues with it falling off, or getting lose. And I drove up to Carlisle this year in a massive downpour (always rains for All-Ford Nats), and it hasn't fallen off yet. Good luck with your grill, I love mine.
Attached Thumbnails center fog light grill-picture-006.jpg  
Old 1/4/07, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I was thinking about something similar with the tri bar pony but I think I'm gonna go with the GT and 3m tape.

05fordgt your cars are bad ***.
Old 1/5/07, 12:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by askewstang
Thanks for the help guys. I was thinking about something similar with the tri bar pony but I think I'm gonna go with the GT and 3m tape.

05fordgt your cars are bad ***.
Thanks for the compliment buddy. The LL with the Roush bumper is NOT mine though. Its my friend Anne's car. It was the only pic I could find on short notice to give you an idea on the grill and emblem. Be sure to post pics of the grill with the GT badge on it. I'd like to see how it looks.