05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CDC Ducktail installed

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/06, 10:11 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was nervous just doing my Street Scene ducktail with the tape but that stuff is a LOT stronger than you might think - have had problems whatsoever and love the end result with the DT...
Old 1/25/06, 12:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just received my Street Scene Ducktail, and it looks so cool . Now I'm just waiting for my car to arrive, so I can have the body shop paint the spoiler to match, install it, and then paint the Shelby stripes from bumper to bumper. The CDC and SSE are both great. I just wish there was a combo of the two. This would be perfect in my eyes.
Old 1/25/06, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Burke0011@January 25, 2006, 12:14 PM
I was nervous just doing my Street Scene ducktail with the tape but that stuff is a LOT stronger than you might think - have had problems whatsoever and love the end result with the DT...
...sorry had to
Old 1/26/06, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I just talked to my dealership and it sounds like they are going to do a decklid swap off a v6 for me. So I will have my choice of CDC or streetscenes now. Im glad, I didnt want to have to pay for getting the decklid re-welded and repainted.

Although maybe the fact that I have hardly driven it and have it in storage has something to do with it.
Old 1/26/06, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

So who has installed the CDC with just tape?? I hate the idea of drilling those holes but I will if thats the only way. I want the CDC ducktail...

Is there enough tape and or screws to stop this thing from rateling when I put a sub in the trunk??
Old 1/26/06, 11:24 PM
V6 Member

Here's a pic of the Mustang with the drilled holes. This is not difficult and to be honest, this is the first time I've used a drill in probably 4-5 years (sad I know). The side peices already have 2 bolts attached, I don't know think you can take them out (check with CDC). I know the 3M tape is awesome and secures many other aftermarket parts on the vehicle. It is a sense of security knowing my spoiler is bolted down and won't be coming off.

NOGLAT the spoiler is tightly secure, I don't forsee you having an issue of it rattling against the trunk. The 3M tape creates a rubber-like seal between each part and the trunk. With the bolts tying it down, the tape should isolate any sound reverberation.

oh BTW... I have a CDC Mineral Grey Ducktail Spoiler w/ emblem, brand new, still in box at my house. If anyone is looking to buy, Im sure you could stop over to check out first. This is about to be sent back to CDC, and I'm only doing this as a favor if you happen to live in or near San Diego.
Old 1/27/06, 05:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RedDominion@January 26, 2006, 10:27 PM
oh BTW... I have a CDC Mineral Grey Ducktail Spoiler w/ emblem, brand new, still in box at my house. If anyone is looking to buy, Im sure you could stop over to check out first. This is about to be sent back to CDC, and I'm only doing this as a favor if you happen to live in or near San Diego.

I'd really like to take a look at this before you send it back ....
Old 1/27/06, 07:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RedDominion@January 27, 2006, 1:27 AM
Here's a pic of the Mustang with the drilled holes. This is not difficult and to be honest, this is the first time I've used a drill in probably 4-5 years (sad I know). The side peices already have 2 bolts attached, I don't know think you can take them out (check with CDC). I know the 3M tape is awesome and secures many other aftermarket parts on the vehicle. It is a sense of security knowing my spoiler is bolted down and won't be coming off.
NOGLAT the spoiler is tightly secure, I don't forsee you having an issue of it rattling against the trunk. The 3M tape creates a rubber-like seal between each part and the trunk. With the bolts tying it down, the tape should isolate any sound reverberation.

Thanks for the insite. I am pretty certian once the CDC goes on I wont want it off...but there is just that part of me that worries about drilling holes and stuff like that. I have never seen it in person but have seen a ton of pics.
Old 1/27/06, 07:57 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by GtStallion51@January 27, 2006, 5:05 AM
I'd really like to take a look at this before you send it back ....
I'll be available this weekend if you really are interested.
Old 1/27/06, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by RedDominion@January 27, 2006, 12:27 AM

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Arrggg! I wish I still lived in SD!
Old 1/28/06, 07:41 PM

I just dropped by RD's house today. Lemme tell ya, the CDC Ducktail looks hot! Especially with the blacked out panel. I can see how people might think the CDC is too short, but for me, it's just how I want it. The car looks super clean from the back. And getting one without the emblem is the way to go. I'm gonna order mine this weekend!
Old 1/28/06, 11:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by triplecrown17@January 28, 2006, 7:44 PM
I just dropped by RD's house today. Lemme tell ya, the CDC Ducktail looks hot! Especially with the blacked out panel. I can see how people might think the CDC is too short, but for me, it's just how I want it. The car looks super clean from the back. And getting one without the emblem is the way to go. I'm gonna order mine this weekend!
Your 2006 Tungsten Grey GT will look killa with the CDC spoiler! Espicially liked the "Engine Start" switch you installed. The place I had my windows tinted was at:
Progressive Electronics
3677 Camino Del Rio West
619-295-8565
The install guy was Jason, he's young but did a superb job, not one complaint and I got to see three other cars he did before I chose him. I got Solar Guard True Grey 18 in back, 28 on sides. total was $210.
Here's the instructions:
CDC Spoiler Instructions
3rd Brake Light Instructions
Old 1/29/06, 12:45 AM
V6 Member

I get the car this week and its looking like he didn't get the spoiler delete on the final order (even though it was on the original order I emailed him 6 months ago during the initial order process). He mentioned something about him paying to remove the stock spoiler and patch the holes at a body shop. Is there a way a professional can patch the stock spoiler holes and paint to make it look as good as new?
Old 1/29/06, 01:19 AM

Originally posted by RedDominion+January 28, 2006, 10:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedDominion @ January 28, 2006, 10:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your 2006 Tungsten Grey GT will look killa with the CDC spoiler! Espicially liked the "Engine Start" switch you installed. The place I had my windows tinted was at:
Progressive Electronics
3677 Camino Del Rio West
619-295-8565
The install guy was Jason, he's young but did a superb job, not one complaint and I got to see three other cars he did before I chose him. I got Solar Guard True Grey 18 in back, 28 on sides. total was $210.
Here's the instructions:
CDC Spoiler Instructions
3rd Brake Light Instructions
[/b]

Hey, thanks man. I owe you one! I'll give them a call next week.

<!--QuoteBegin-davetito
@January 28, 2006, 11:48 PM
I get the car this week and its looking like he didn't get the spoiler delete on the final order (even though it was on the original order I emailed him 6 months ago during the initial order process). He mentioned something about him paying to remove the stock spoiler and patch the holes at a body shop. Is there a way a professional can patch the stock spoiler holes and paint to make it look as good as new?
[/quote]

Well, I'm sure that someone could patch the holes and get the trunk lid to look like new, but if it's your dealer that made the mistake, maybe you should have him swap trunk lids with another car. Seems to me you shouldn't have to pay for his mistake.
Old 1/30/06, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Who has the best price on the CDC ducktial? I am sold
Old 1/30/06, 12:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by NOLAGT@January 30, 2006, 8:06 AM
Who has the best price on the CDC ducktial? I am sold
I ordered mine directly from CDC. $395 + $36 shipping. If you call CDC they might recommend a preferred wholesaler to purchase from, which I can't recall the name right now. Here is another place I found that offers free shipping and sells for $390. I'm neutral with this site as I've never dealt with them.
www.partshopper.com Oh, and the prices include spoiler painted. I highly recommend choosing this option!
Old 1/30/06, 12:30 PM
V6 Member

Yesterday I stopped by dealer, Mossy Ford in San Diego, to check out the 9 2006 GT's and 7 Saleens on the lot. Last year around this time, you wouldn't see a GT more than 5 days before it was sold. Anyhow, coming back to my car there I see a '66 prestine GT350 white with red stripes, matching interior with an original fiberglass ducktail! Where's my camera??? (wife has it). This would of been a perfect oppurtunity to show off my ducktail with the original. This ducktail was so clean to the lines and smooth from the back with no 3rd brake light in the center. What I can tell you is that there is no ducktail for the 2005 on the market that resembles the original exactly. But out of the 15 spoilers out there right now, I consider CDC the only retro spoiler coming close to the original ducktail.

Hope to run into the owner of that '66 again and this time go no where w/o my digcam.

....on another side note, I ended my cruising day in La Jolla just after watching the sunset and there I see another 66' GT black w/ gold stripes (license plate ending in 266). The driver slows down for me to catch up, then floors it as I see dual exhaust and 350HP blow in my face. I eventually caught up to exchange grins. It was a good day. It's great to be a part of the mustang community.
Old 1/30/06, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RedDominion@January 30, 2006, 2:18 PM
I ordered mine directly from CDC. $395 + $36 shipping. If you call CDC they might recommend a preferred wholesaler to purchase from, which I can't recall the name right now. Here is another place I found that offers free shipping and sells for $390. I'm neutral with this site as I've never dealt with them.
www.partshopper.com Oh, and the prices include spoiler painted. I highly recommend choosing this option!

Very good...thats where I got my rims from. Didnt even think to look there
Old 1/30/06, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Got mine from parts shopper. The spoiler comes with a template to locate the holes so you are not on your own to figure out where to drill them. You are better off bolting it down in the long run. How many rice burners have you seen running around towm with the front and rear aprons flapping in the breeze. Even though the holes are templete located, there are variances in the car and the parts that can't be accounted for. A rat tail file and some careful filing of the hole(s) solves that.
Old 1/31/06, 06:26 AM
Bullitt Member

..those stripes look sweet over the ducktail, Radboss...I gotta do me somethin like that

Quick Reply: CDC Ducktail installed