Enjoy the pics!
Dominion MG Mustang Pic #1
Dominion MG Mustang Pic #2
Dominion MG Mustang Pic #3
Dominion MG Mustang Pic #4
Old 1/22/06, 06:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good. I want one myself, but I have the darn spoiler holes to worry about. So, I keep putting it off. Maybe one of these days...

-TRB
Old 1/22/06, 06:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by TorchRedBeauty@January 22, 2006, 6:44 PM
Looks good. I want one myself, but I have the darn spoiler holes to worry about. So, I keep putting it off. Maybe one of these days...

-TRB
You mean these holes, not to worry, easy to do and you'll be so thankful!
Old 1/22/06, 06:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks very good Patrick! I see that you went with the one without the embedded pony. I also like the look with the blackout panel on the rear. I didn't care for the blackout on my car but somehow it looks good on your's.
Old 1/22/06, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by RedDominion@January 22, 2006, 7:59 PM
You mean these holes, not to worry, easy to do and you'll be so thankful!
I think he meant the holes from the stock spoiler once it is removed.
Old 1/22/06, 07:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by GRAYPNY@January 22, 2006, 7:01 PM
I think he meant the holes from the stock spoiler once it is removed.
ok, lol. I was worried about drilling 10 holes in the car, but I see that others have the stock spoiler holes to worry about. If I was in that spot, I would try to look for someone in your area willing to swap trunk lids.
Old 1/22/06, 07:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by GRAYPNY@January 22, 2006, 7:00 PM
Looks very good Patrick! I see that you went with the one without the embedded pony. I also like the look with the blackout panel on the rear. I didn't care for the blackout on my car but somehow it looks good on your's.
Thanks Rich. The blackout was just a vinyl strip I got for $25. Eventually, when I am ready to stripe the car in years to come, I will remove the vinyl and have it painted. I can't tell the difference between our blackouts. I eventually want to put a personal decal near the spot where the embedded pony is and I didn't want two running pony decals on the rear.

btw... I had several older 90's mustangs do the "drive by fwd and slow down routine" to check out my stang today including an SL500 driver.

oh, another btw...a local neighbor I haven't spoken to in person said to me this morning while I was doing my daily detail routine " I've never seen someone take care of a car as much as you. You give more attention to your car than most people give to their own children." I don't know if she is saying I'm too compulsive about taking care of my car or if she is complimenting me but this is my baby.
Old 1/22/06, 09:10 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great, mine should be here in a couple days. BTW CDC is great, my first one was damaged in shipping and they send me a new one before I sent the damaged one back. Great customer service. (Seems so rare lately).
Old 1/22/06, 10:27 PM
V6 Member

CDC customer service is very good. I'll be ordering the louvres from them soon, just looking for someone out there who sells them pre-painted and ready for install. Here's another "postcard" of the 4 pics above combined.

Postcard Pic
Old 1/23/06, 04:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Your car is looking beautiful! That CDC looks sweet. The Street Scene spoiler covers the factory spoiler holes, making it a leading contender for my hard earned money. I wish I would have ordered spoiler delete. :bang:
Old 1/23/06, 07:58 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@January 23, 2006, 6:26 AM
Your car is looking beautiful! That CDC looks sweet. The Street Scene spoiler covers the factory spoiler holes, making it a leading contender for my hard earned money. I wish I would have ordered spoiler delete. :bang:
As far as I know the Street Scene ducktail is really just like the CDC ducktail in that it doesn't cover the horizontal part of the trunk lid at all. It attaches strictly to the rear. The only real difference is that the SS has the 3rd brake light. So, I don't see how it could cover the stock spoiler holes.

-TRB
Old 1/23/06, 08:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Looks sweet! I cant decide 3rd brake light or no. I cant decide drill holes or let the 3m do its job.
Actually I think you pics made up my mind, No 3rd brake light is the way to go. I dont think it has much significance. Not like its all that higher than the regular brake lights.

*Prolly not a good idea to use another mustang forums bandwith for pics on this one.
Old 1/23/06, 11:58 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by outdoorstom@January 23, 2006, 7:26 AM
Um, it doesn't cover the holes. I have that spoiler and they definately do not cover them.
Old 1/23/06, 03:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 23, 2006, 1:01 PM
Um, it doesn't cover the holes. I have that spoiler and they definately do not cover them.
Um, guess I made a mistake! :scratch:
Old 1/23/06, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Stoenr@January 23, 2006, 8:41 AM
Looks sweet! I cant decide 3rd brake light or no. I cant decide drill holes or let the 3m do its job.
Actually I think you pics made up my mind, No 3rd brake light is the way to go. I dont think it has much significance. Not like its all that higher than the regular brake lights.

*Prolly not a good idea to use another mustang forums bandwith for pics on this one.
You definitely want to bolt the spoiler down if you are making this a permanant feature of your car. And I chose the CDC specifically because it covers up the third brake light, giving it the smooth ducktail retro look. No other spoiler does this that I know of for the '05.

Off topic: As far as linking my pics to other websites, do you know how I can insert pics on this forum that are over 200kb? It seems there is a 200kb limit on uploading pics to one post in this forum. Or do I need to upload my pics to a website like Car Domain and then link from there?
Old 1/23/06, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Are you sure you would die for your spoiler
Old 1/23/06, 04:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, they do make the little 'braces' that cover the holes from the stock spoiler

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catal...isplay/653.html
Old 1/23/06, 04:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@January 23, 2006, 6:37 PM
Well, they do make the little 'braces' that cover the holes from the stock spoiler

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catal...isplay/653.html
Those are very ick :notnice:
Old 1/23/06, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Wait a minute......the street scene ducktail does NOT cover the spoliler holes?????

Ugh, I had made the decision to get that one rather than the CDC because it covered the holes I thought.

Whats the best way of getting your hands on a spoilerless decklid???

Parts department? Saleen Takeoffs???

Oh that has ruined my night.
Old 1/23/06, 06:34 PM

Nice pics, RD. I'm assuming those were taken on Mount Soledad? I can see the Mormon Temple in the background in the last pic. Do you live in the San Diego area? If it's possible, could I take a look at your car. I've been debating back and forth with myself if I should buy the CDC Ducktail, and I've come close, but it'd be awesome if I could see it in person. How bad was the installation? Just thinking about drilling holes in my car makes me cringe..

Quick Reply: CDC Ducktail installed