05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CDC Chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/05, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Sorry I did a search for chin spoilers and really didnt see what I was looking for.
I was just wanting to know if anyone purchased the classic chin spoiler from CDC and if anyone had any pics available. I also was wanting to know on how you put it on did you have to drill into your stang? I see that the classic chin spoiler has plastic push pin fastners. Sorry if this has been covered and I didnt find it. But any info would be greatly appreciated.
here is a link for those interested

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catal...isplay/643.html
Old 4/14/05, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

It'll probably be like the Mach 1 chin spoiler, which, yes, you have to drill into the underside of the front fascia. Not hard, but I'd recommend finding a better way to attach it than with the plastic push pins. My push pins kept loosening so I took it off... maybe I'll get time to affix it more permamently later.
Old 4/14/05, 04:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by mustangshadow@April 14, 2005, 11:56 AM
Sorry I did a search for chin spoilers and really didnt see what I was looking for.
I was just wanting to know if anyone purchased the classic chin spoiler from CDC and if anyone had any pics available. I also was wanting to know on how you put it on did you have to drill into your stang? I see that the classic chin spoiler has plastic push pin fastners. Sorry if this has been covered and I didnt find it. But any info would be greatly appreciated.
here is a link for those interested

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catal...isplay/643.html

HI Perry,
I too am interested in the CDC aggressive chin spoiler for my Vert. I have sent 2 emails to CDC about what has to be (slightly modified) to put the spoiler on. I have had no responce to either email. From the pictures it almost appears that you have to cut off the lower part of the front valance on each side of the lower grill. I am just going by the pictures on their website. I have a GT and the front valance is about 1 1/2 inches lower than the grill on each side. That appears to be gone in their ads. Vegasjay has one on order for his car. He has it listed in his mods list under GT perforance (Skunkworks Project) Maybe he will see list and he will tell us the modification required when he gets his. Anyone else have one yet and can share with us what is required??
Scott
Old 4/14/05, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the CDC classic chin spoiler. I dropped it off for painting. Will pick up tomorrow. Had it done in flat black like the retro stangs. To install it you have 3M tape for the center and on each end you use two existing screws and then one hole on each end you insert a plastic plug. Doesn't look like any drilling.
Old 4/14/05, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

What Bill said is true, I emailed CDC and they sent me these instructions. I also asked them if the spoiler requires painting and they said yes. Hope this helps.

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/tech_...n%20Spoiler.doc
Old 4/14/05, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Bill, my Hub said thanks for the info and he would like it if you would please post pictures of it when its done. Thanx for your time.
Old 4/15/05, 03:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by BEACHBOY@April 14, 2005, 7:42 PM
What Bill said is true, I emailed CDC and they sent me these instructions. I also asked them if the spoiler requires painting and they said yes. Hope this helps.

Hi Beachboy,
Thanks for posting the installation info. That makes me feel a whole lot better. I thought it looked like you were removing some of the factory facia. I see I was wrong. WHEEE!! Thanks again. Now I have to decide to paint it black or body color. I saw one at the dealer that was body color and it looked great.
Thanks Scott
Old 4/15/05, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER+April 15, 2005, 2:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ April 15, 2005, 2:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BEACHBOY@April 14, 2005, 7:42 PM

Hi Beachboy,
Thanks for posting the installation info. That makes me feel a whole lot better. I thought it looked like you were removing some of the factory facia. I see I was wrong. WHEEE!! Thanks again. Now I have to decide to paint it black or body color. I saw one at the dealer that was body color and it looked great.
Thanks Scott
[/b][/quote]

I like the looks of the V6 offering they recently announced (not real aggressive) although I have a GT on the way. Does anyone know the difference (if any) between the "Classic" chin spoiler for the GT and the V6 chin spoiler?
Old 4/15/05, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

The aggressive chin spoiler involves cutting of the Mustang. The classic does not. That is why I opted for the classic. They told me they were trying to design it so it was minimual. Don't know how they made out. This picture had the sun in it but its the first shots.
Old 4/15/05, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the pic Bill, let us now how it does at higher speeds with the chin spoiler. I am interested if the spoiler prevents so much air traveling under the car into the engine bay, causing the hood shake condition. If this spoiler prevents that, then it might be a future item for me.
Old 4/15/05, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Dude, do yourself a favour and don't put that junk on your car.
Old 4/16/05, 05:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by The Lyin' King+April 15, 2005, 8:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Lyin' King @ April 15, 2005, 8:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@April 15, 2005, 2:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BEACHBOY
@April 14, 2005, 7:42 PM

Hi Beachboy,
Thanks Scott
I like the looks of the V6 offering they recently announced (not real aggressive) although I have a GT on the way. Does anyone know the difference (if any) between the "Classic" chin spoiler for the GT and the V6 chin spoiler?
[/b][/quote]

Hi Bob,
The front facia on the V6 and the GT are different so the Classic chin spoiler is also different for each car. I believe the Classic will be better suited for daily driving. I am concerned the Aggressive spoiler will hang to low and won't clear your average size road kill or parking bumper.
Scott
Old 4/16/05, 09:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER+April 16, 2005, 4:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ April 16, 2005, 4:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by The Lyin' King@April 15, 2005, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@April 15, 2005, 2:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BEACHBOY
@April 14, 2005, 7:42 PM

Hi Beachboy,
Thanks Scott

Hi Bob,
The front facia on the V6 and the GT are different so the Classic chin spoiler is also different for each car. I believe the Classic will be better suited for daily driving. I am concerned the Aggressive spoiler will hang to low and won't clear your average size road kill or parking bumper.
Scott
[/b][/quote]

Scott . . . . a road kill scooper would be great where I live. My family would never go hungry!

Thanks to all for the info.
Old 4/17/05, 03:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by upstate@April 15, 2005, 9:36 AM
The aggressive chin spoiler involves cutting of the Mustang. The classic does not. That is why I opted for the classic. They told me they were trying to design it so it was minimual. Don't know how they made out. This picture had the sun in it but its the first shots.

Hi Bill,
Your Classic spoiler looks great! That is the one I will opt for myself. It doesn't look like it hangs much lower than the original facia lower edge. Does it??
Looks good! I am curious. Any issues going to the 255 Nitto's on the stock rims. I know there is a thread about this but thought I ask.
Scott
Old 4/17/05, 08:56 PM

thanks for all the comments
I look forward to ordering one pretty soon seeing that with the classic design I wont have to drill or cut into the stang.
Anybody with more pics would be greatly appreciated.
Old 4/17/05, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

No issues what so ever with the tires. The spoiler is about 3 inches lower than the factory. I will be back in town
thursday and should be able to get better photo's.
Old 4/17/05, 09:02 PM

thanks upstate for all your help.
Also even though I have a Black GT what do you guys think on getting it painted flat black. I think it would look good but wanted to get your opinions.
thanx
Old 4/17/05, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Flat black is where I'm at with this mod on my black GT.
Old 4/18/05, 06:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by upstate@April 17, 2005, 9:02 PM
No issues what so ever with the tires. The spoiler is about 3 inches lower than the factory. I will be back in town
thursday and should be able to get better photo's.

Thanks Upstate,
Looking forward to your next pics of the spoiler. Thanks for the info on the tires also. Could I ask a favor?? Put your car on level ground and take a measurement from the ground to the lowest point of the spoiler so we can get a idea of how low it hangs. Thanks in advance for your troubles. I sure others would like the info!!
Thanks Scott
Old 4/18/05, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@April 17, 2005, 9:05 PM
thanks upstate for all your help.
Also even though I have a Black GT what do you guys think on getting it painted flat black. I think it would look good but wanted to get your opinions.
thanx

Hi Mustangshadow and Lyin King,
I think flat black is your only option with a black car. The only other possiblity is to paint to match the car. My opinion for whats it's worth.
Scott

Quick Reply: CDC Chin spoiler