05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

California Special aftermarket appearance mods

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/07, 10:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the california special was never meant to be available in only california, it was just a car that had a california style, but emblems will not lower the value of the car since later on all you will need is some fishing line and a hair dryer and they will come off and to some, the retro look will just make the car feel that much closer to the original. Dang this thread makes me wish i waited so i could of had one
Old 8/14/07, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedDragon777
the california special was never meant to be available in only california
Same with the original I believe. Interesting though that they never had an Arkansas or Iowa Special Mustang, no offense to those in Arkansas or Iowa...
Old 8/14/07, 02:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was the same, even the High Country edition stang from back then was sold out in arizona and other flat land ststes LOL
Old 8/15/07, 10:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 07 GT/CS
Don't get me wrong, I love my CS and I'm glad I spent the extra cash to get it. The front and rear bumpers alone set it apart very well. I just wish for a few extra subtle touches. I like the original hood pins but I'm waiting for some to come out made especially for the 2005+ Mustangs. I've heard that the original style pins are having some rust issues as well as the cables wearing off the paint on the front hood edge. I do like the billet Shelby hood pin setup. I removed my side stripe as I'm not a big stripe fan. I am waiting for a DCF style KR hood to be produced as I haven't seen one yet that looks as good as the DCF KR hood, then I will take that plunge. The two-tone interior is great and Mustang owners do notice the difference.
These are "Twist locks, not pin and cable.
Attached Images  
Old 8/17/07, 03:22 AM
Bullitt Member

But, are they specifically for the 05+ or the original design? I'd go for the twist style as long as they are made for my hood and I don't have to rig something up that may not work that well. They look like the same type of twist pin that holds the bags on my Harley.