05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Bullitt aftermarket HID's

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/08, 12:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullitt aftermarket HID's

I just got my bullitt a few days ago and it is the base model with no options. My question is the only option i wanted was the HID's. I had a 2003 SVT focus with no HID's but a few months after buying the car Ford Racing made a HID's upgrade kit that was a direct bolton for the focus so anyone with a focus could have ford hid's. Anyone think ford will do the same for the mustang so 2005-2008 mustang owners can add hids?
Old 1/9/08, 05:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by j0eyabs
I just got my bullitt a few days ago and it is the base model with no options. My question is the only option i wanted was the HID's. I had a 2003 SVT focus with no HID's but a few months after buying the car Ford Racing made a HID's upgrade kit that was a direct bolton for the focus so anyone with a focus could have ford hid's. Anyone think ford will do the same for the mustang so 2005-2008 mustang owners can add hids?
http://www.stangmods.com/2005-Mustan...it-p/00999.htm
Old 1/9/08, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I meant a kit by Ford, I want it to look exactly like the factory HID lights not a off brand
Old 1/19/08, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

anyone know where to get a ford hid kit?
Old 1/19/08, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by j0eyabs
anyone know where to get a ford hid kit?
To the best of my knowledge there is no Ford HID kit.
Old 1/20/08, 02:11 AM
Cobra Member

you might be able to order the parts, but I doubt there is an OEM kit
Old 1/26/08, 12:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no kit for these. I looked into this for my 07 and just the lamps were $725 each (L & R) from the dealer. You might also need a wiring connection.
Old 1/26/08, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is always the Saleen option. I have them and have not had any problems.
Old 1/30/08, 10:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Mike, go into the GT Performance mods section. SteedaGus posted the Ford OEM set for $995, and its a plug and play unit. No ballists needed!!! Not too bad. Click on the link below to go right to the thread.

Steeda selling Ford OEM HID Headlight buckets.
Old 1/30/08, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Mike, go into the GT Performance mods section. SteedaGus posted the Ford OEM set for $995, and its a plug and play unit. No ballists needed!!! Not too bad. Click on the link below to go right to the thread.

Steeda selling Ford OEM HID Headlight buckets.
HOLY COW!! $995?!! Is it common that aftermarket parts/kits are almost double what it costs from ford when the car is built?
Old 1/30/08, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MustangLynda
HOLY COW!! $995?!! Is it common that aftermarket parts/kits are almost double what it costs from ford when the car is built?
It may depend on the vendors development costs... And since this part doesn't require an external ballast production costs may be higher than the OEM production costs.
Old 1/30/08, 08:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Martimus
It may depend on the vendors development costs... And since this part doesn't require an external ballast production costs may be higher than the OEM production costs.
apparently they are Ford. The link claims they are.
Old 1/31/08, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RCSignals
apparently they are Ford. The link claims they are.
The picture shows the Ford logo on the chromo stand in the lamp too. I'd assume if it came from Steeda that Ford legal would send them C&D letters if the lamps weren't actually Ford OE.... Maybe someone from Ford can confirm?

If they're the real deal, then that's awesome. Price needs to drop quite a bit, but I was hoping to get something like this towards the end of the year.
Old 1/31/08, 12:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
The picture shows the Ford logo on the chromo stand in the lamp too. I'd assume if it came from Steeda that Ford legal would send them C&D letters if the lamps weren't actually Ford OE.... Maybe someone from Ford can confirm?

If they're the real deal, then that's awesome. Price needs to drop quite a bit, but I was hoping to get something like this towards the end of the year.
James, how much do you want the price to drop? Factory HID's are $595 and you have to add the AAT for another $325. Every aftermarket item that is OEM always costs more when added after the car is delivered to the dealer. Gotta remember, the factory has it in LARGE BULK! Large bulk means less cost when the car is ordered. Always costs more after the fact. Plus with this being a "plug and play" unit, most anyone can install this themselves. Is $995 high? Yes it is, but at least its OEM and not like the Saleen ones that alot of people have had major issues with. If these were to drop to say $795, thats a good price for OEM HIDs.
Old 1/31/08, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

It sounds like Steeda didn't do anything to make them plug and play either, which means if you come across a wrecked '08 with good HIDs you should be able to install teh lamps and whatever of the harness you'd need.

Price will eventually come down on these.
Old 2/1/08, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
James, how much do you want the price to drop? Factory HID's are $595 and you have to add the AAT for another $325. Every aftermarket item that is OEM always costs more when added after the car is delivered to the dealer. Gotta remember, the factory has it in LARGE BULK! Large bulk means less cost when the car is ordered. Always costs more after the fact. Plus with this being a "plug and play" unit, most anyone can install this themselves. Is $995 high? Yes it is, but at least its OEM and not like the Saleen ones that alot of people have had major issues with. If these were to drop to say $795, thats a good price for OEM HIDs.
Man you suit up for defense on Ford's team at the drop of a pin.

$750 would begin to make sense. $500 - $600 for OE equipment is more reasonable. Especially considering these aren't exactly super top of the line, but standard Ford parts grade. Nothing wrong with that, but the price is out of whack with what it will eventually wind up at. HIDs are a new option for the Mustang and automakers always overinflate the price on new options on models. Please see the navigation system as a case in point. It's one method of streaming additional revenue. Large bulk at the factory for Ford merely means extra revenue per part, they certainly aren't passing economies of scale on to the consumer, I wouldn't expect them to. In fact, they're charging you to install them at $600.

I'm certainly not saying Steeda is over pricing right now, but I do expect prices to drop if these are true OE equipment.... They're just waiting for the market to correct their pricing model. And earning their first to market revenue prize as long as that adjustment (competition) takes. That's how the game has always been played.