05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Bash GT-SR at SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/06 | 09:19 AM

The reason we did the lines for the lights like that so anyone could use it and have them angled like the GTR concept or Shelby. And the projector headlights we didnt get off ebay, there is just people selling them on there for super cheap prices and i wouldnt trust getting those. We are a private labeler for the headlights being we sell them under our name. If we private label something, it means we at Bash Performance have inspected its quality, warranty, and fit. The side exhaust tips were more of a one off tip for this particulally car for a racing look. We also offer one piece rocker panels that mold in to the body more. Some people like the wing, some dont. Its a racing wing. We offer a carbon fiber street wing which is not as tall and we offer a ducktail spoiler in carbon fiber and fiberglass.
Old 11/9/06 | 09:37 AM

WE also offer quarter window covers in fiberglass and carbon fiber. The one on the sema car we took the window out and welded the hole shut. On the inside of the car we have black plexi-glass piece with red leds behind it. We wired it so when ever you open the doors, Bash performance lights up red on the plexiglass (its engraved in it bbut only shows up when doors are open)
Attached Thumbnails Bash GT-SR at SEMA-dscn0947.jpg  
Old 11/9/06 | 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

GMAFB, those lights are just like the JDM lights and nothing like you advertised on your site leading upto SEMA. The front fascia is different and the hood is pretty much a rip off og RK Sport.

Other than the god awful wing and the fenders, what part of the car matches what you advertised?
Old 11/9/06 | 08:30 PM

We didn't want it to be exactly the GTR, but very close, so we made the design of it to the next level. We made the front bumper more agressive. The hood is not a rip off, it just has similar vents in the front as another company's. And our hood has a functional heat extractor.
Old 11/9/06 | 08:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by bashperformance
We didn't want it to be exactly the GTR, but very close, so we made the design of it to the next level. We made the front bumper more agressive. The hood is not a rip off, it just has similar vents in the front as another company's. And our hood has a functional heat extractor.
Well then you shouldnt've advertised with GTR pics if you didnt want it to be exactly like the GTR.
Old 11/9/06 | 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I wouldn't even say you are close.

For all the 'bashing' your company has recieved as of late, from what I see, it has been well deserved.

Your site advertises one thing and you produced another.

'Order Now' ' Coming Soon'... yea, FMTT
Old 11/9/06 | 08:57 PM

Your complaining that its not what we advertised, its not like you bought it and got something totally different. We werent selling them until we debuted the car, which was at SEMA, anyways. So now its available, this is the GT-SR, and your complaining over something that doesnt even matter. Did the concept of the 2005 mustang look like the real production, no, the photoshop was a mere concept of GTSR.
Old 11/9/06 | 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Your complaining that its not what we advertised, its not like you bought it and got something totally different. We werent selling them until we debuted the car, which was at SEMA, anyways. So now its available, this is the GT-SR, and your complaining over something that doesnt even matter. Did the concept of the 2005 mustang look like the real production, no, the photoshop was a mere concept of GTSR.
Well lets see, you advertised headlights with 'taking orders now' 'coming soon' blastered all over it and what did you use ? JDM

Same thing with the 1/4 glass......

Build and sell what you want, but what you originally offered isn't what you produced.
Old 11/9/06 | 09:08 PM
Cobra Member

That spoiler is to die for

...uhh What is this Fast and the Furious??
Old 11/9/06 | 09:15 PM

Ya, the racing spoiler isnt for everyone. Its fully functional and adds significant downforce to the rear wheels. Some people consider it rice, but I would consider rice being a big wing for no purpose, just for looks. This wind is for looks and function.
Old 11/10/06 | 08:23 AM
GT Member

Your complaining that its not what we advertised, its not like you bought it and got something totally different. .

Hummm sounds just like what happend to me last Spring!!!!
Old 11/10/06 | 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have been to SEMA and you can tell the quality vendors from the others right away. The little things give it away, such as weather or not they even cleaned the interior. Take a look at the passenger seat its filthy and beat up, if I had all those 'celebrities' posing around my car at SEMA, you better believe it would have been pristine. Your website is awesome, but it seems your products dont match up. The bottom line is that you have advertised it as looking like the GT-R concept for months and months, and your unvieling of the body kit looks TERRIBLE compared to that GT-R concept. I wont be purchasing any of your parts, best of luck with your company.
Old 11/10/06 | 02:44 PM
GT Member

Hey Brett,

Can I FINALLY order my SINGLE piece side skirts for my OVAL exhaust kit I bought from BASH this past MAY?????

Ashish
Old 11/10/06 | 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lokius
I have been to SEMA and you can tell the quality vendors from the others right away. The little things give it away, such as weather or not they even cleaned the interior. Take a look at the passenger seat its filthy and beat up, if I had all those 'celebrities' posing around my car at SEMA, you better believe it would have been pristine. Your website is awesome, but it seems your products dont match up. The bottom line is that you have advertised it as looking like the GT-R concept for months and months, and your unvieling of the body kit looks TERRIBLE compared to that GT-R concept. I wont be purchasing any of your parts, best of luck with your company.

about that picture having the interior not all that clean, that wasnt even at sema, we were still putting the car back together so it wasnt even detailed yet in that picture, i just put that picture there to show the rear window inside the car, i couldnt find a real good picture after the car was detailed, being i have over 800 pictures. so sorry about not getting a better picture. and you thinking that the GTSR is terrible is your own opinion, everyone has their own opinion.
Old 11/10/06 | 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree with Lokius. False advertising.

Originally Posted by Lokius
Old 11/11/06 | 01:21 PM

I loved the GTR concept, but that thing looks like the snow removers in Rapid city, and WTF is with the lights I was hoping that you were going to make your own and the would be HIDs. You did do good in one area the rear window removal looks amazing, and thats it the rest of the car looks like your designers watched the first 2 fast and silly movies for 6 months straight. waisted potential thats what that car was, hopfuly buy the time you read this that car is in a compactor. ewwwwwwww
Old 11/11/06 | 04:57 PM
Big Falken Tires

WOW that's an UTTERLY genius statement.

Everyone knows (because it has been that way for YEARS) that a 'CONCEPT' (and gee, that's why they call it a concept) is usually NOT 100% what production will be. Ford didn't roll it out and say 'start placing your orders now!!' It was ' Here is the new Mustang concept'

You advertised a kit for the GT-R - there was obvious interest from consumers - why? Cause that's what they wanted.... don't get ticked if people are ****ed because you advertised a specific product and then when you roll it out, its different.

Just because people didn't spend $$$, doesn't mean as a vendor, you didn't misadvertise your product. You did.

And for you to compare the Mustang Concept with the way you advertised the GT-R kit on your site is totally asinine.
Old 11/12/06 | 04:29 PM
Cobra Member

I love the hood but $1000+???? No thanks.....
Old 11/13/06 | 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

I got my hood from ebay from RKSports for $150. So $1000? NO THANKS +1
Old 11/16/06 | 08:22 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by paperthinhymn
I see most people on this thread dont like the the racing look of the GTSR, i personally love it, i dont think theres a better looking mustang

You obviously haven't looked at pics of my car

Quick Reply: Bash GT-SR at SEMA