Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah that hoods nice but $700 for a hood is more than i feel like spending
Old 11/2/06, 11:11 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jizabel
I love my hood!!!!! and its functional

WOW - that thing is SWEET!!!
Really nice, man - you are in Orange Park Florida? Ever get further south for any shows?

You plan on doing the Stang Fest at Daytona Beach next summer?
Old 11/2/06, 02:05 PM
GT Member

Actually we are planning on go to Daytona, Theres on in Ocala @ Silver Springs in Jan also, we'll be there too
Old 11/2/06, 02:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jenks
yeah that hoods nice but $700 for a hood is more than i feel like spending
Let me tell you something, that Hood is worth every penny!!!!!
I've bought fiberglass hoods for like 2-500 bucks, and they where crap.
Didn't fit right, wavey when painted, flimsy.

This is the 1st hood that ive bought, that ive taken outta the box and bolted it on with no fender adjusting, all my gaps are str8. I feel that it's just as sturdy as the oem hood.

You GET What You Pay FOr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/2/06, 03:13 PM
GT Member

That hood is sleek muscle. Very nice.

See, got to love people who think their opinion is always right. I love your car taco, i have seen all your vids and pictures. You are going the same direction with your car as i am other than the hood.

Call me stupid, or whatever names you wanna throw at me for having an opinion. Unlike some people, i know people have diffrent taste and i respect that.

FWIW - shakers were used on cars with CARBS, not fuel injection with a front mount throttle body. If thats not rice, i am not sure what is.
Old 11/2/06, 03:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll just sit back and enjoy the ensuing fireworks.
Old 11/2/06, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez
That hood is sleek muscle. Very nice.

See, got to love people who think their opinion is always right. I love your car taco, i have seen all your vids and pictures. You are going the same direction with your car as i am other than the hood.

Call me stupid, or whatever names you wanna throw at me for having an opinion. Unlike some people, i know people have different taste and i respect that.

FWIW - shakers were used on cars with CARBS, not fuel injection with a front mount throttle body. If thats not rice, i am not sure what is.
First off who ever said their opinions are ALWAYS right? There are no right or wrong OPINIONS just different. No one EVER called you stupid, nor did anyone call you names. (Feeling a little self conscious maybe?)
Yes shakers originated on carbed cars, what difference does that make ?? The stock air box is to the side of a front facing throttle body does that make it rice? The FACT is the Shaker does suck air, provides a means of cold air and adds a little of the Old School to the new school, which is what this car is built on.
So by your definition anything that is not to YOUR liking is rice??

Attachment 13162

PS The California Dream Hood does look tough
Attached Images  
Old 11/2/06, 03:31 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
i personally think it's a **** good looking hood
nothing ricey about it
Old 11/2/06, 03:34 PM
GT Member

point taken. but asinine (by 89trooper) = stupid or to look like an ***. so ya, someone was calling me stupid

my car is rice, and i like the stuff i did to it (cevini ducktail wing, cdc chin spoiler, cervini billit grill). Difffrence between me and most in this thread, i can admit it
Old 11/2/06, 03:40 PM
GTR Member

point taken. but asinine (by 89trooper) = stupid or to look like an ***. so ya, someone was calling me stupid

my car is rice, and i like the stuff i did to it (cevini ducktail wing, cdc chin spoiler, cervini billit grill). Difffrence between me and most in this thread, i can admit it
I didn't call YOU stupid, I called your remarks stupid, because you don't have your facts straight.

I didn't know that the 2003 and 2004 Mach 1's were carb'd! I didn't know they were rice, either.

Guess I hurt your feelings - because you didn't say you liked my car, too.

Old 11/2/06, 03:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Why does that stuff make your car rice? I guess I am asking what your definition of rice is.
To me rice is huge *** wings on a 125hp 4cyl, tires that stick out 6" inches past the wheel well, etc. oh god and I can't forget the god awful fart can exhausts.
Old 11/2/06, 03:48 PM
GT Member

its ok 89trooper, im didnt intend this thread to be a flame, but i guess i had it coming. As for the mach shakers, i never figured out why ford did that to them. Ive seen plenty of these SCIONS having a ton of (what i consider) rice on them from the factory, and many other cars like the neons, eclipse, etc.. Does it make it ok if Ford does it but not any other company? not flaming, just making a comparison.

OKC - my definition of rice is putting something on a car to make it look better but have little to zero fuctionality. Much like large wings you stated. They add weight to a car, kill aerodynamics, and simply arent fuctional until about 100 miles an hour (which most cars never see unless they are on the autobahn(sp). Much like my rear wing, my grill, and my front chin - they are all for looks, add weight, and probably kill the aerodynamics of the car.

Does the shaker have functionailty? maybe a tiny bit, with all those bends and the distance to get to the intake, i cant see how it would help under 100mph. But i am no expert, just my asinine opinion

I never said rice was bad, it was the other people jumping me for calling it ricey - they for some reason thought i was insulting them. I wasnt, if you took it that way, im sorry.

sory to the maker of this thread, i didnt not mean to ***** it up with useless opinions. I hope you find the hood your looking for.
Old 11/2/06, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Why does that stuff make your car rice? I guess I am asking what your definition of rice is.
To me rice is huge *** wings on a 125hp 4cyl, tires that stick out 6" inches past the wheel well, etc. oh god and I can't forget the god awful fart can exhausts.
+1 I don't see anything rice about the mods you've done to your car. To me rice is when somebody is driving a round with a full body kit that's only been primed. Or when someone put's performance stickers alll over there car. I don't like the import look or style but understand alot of people do. I don't mind the Imports you see at car show's with fresh paint jobs and properly fitting body parts. So there you have my definition of rice. If you want to say your car is rice then by all means go ahead and say it.

Sorry for the thread jack "Jenks" but as you can see the majority of people don't like that hood.
Old 11/2/06, 03:53 PM
GTR Member

Does the shaker have functionailty? maybe a tiny bit, with all those bends and the distance to get to the intake, i cant see how it would help under 100mph. But i am no expert, just my asinine opinion
I would say it starts forcing air in around 80mph. After the shaker, the car now pulls as hard in 3rd at WOT as it did in 2nd - and I'm right around the 80mph mark.

However, the shaker DOES provide additional cold air to the engine, as I proved today with this video. TacoBill and I were talking about whether it sucked air in (even if air wasn't being forced in). This is just revving it up at idle to about 2500. I'm sure it sucks pretty good at WOT, too!

See, we can agree on something - the Shakers SUCK!

Yeah, sorry about the thread jacking, jenks!
Old 11/2/06, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry but those mods are not rice. If you want to call your car rice then thats your choice.

Shaker hoods are even further from rice, they are functional. In my opinion its american muscle! It makes the car look mean.
Old 11/2/06, 04:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

its ok 89trooper, im didnt intend this thread to be a flame, but i guess i had it coming. As for the mach shakers, i never figured out why ford did that to them. Ive seen plenty of these SCIONS having a ton of (what i consider) rice on them from the factory, and many other cars like the neons, eclipse, etc.. Does it make it ok if Ford does it but not any other company? not flaming, just making a comparison.

I don't consider what Scion is doing rice. They're just being smart and giving the consumer the option of customizing his car from the factory. Which maybe some other companies should start considering.

OKC - my definition of rice is putting something on a car to make it look better but have little to zero fuctionality. Much like large wings you stated. They add weight to a car, kill aerodynamics, and simply arent fuctional until about 100 miles an hour (which most cars never see unless they are on the autobahn(sp). Much like my rear wing, my grill, and my front chin - they are all for looks, add weight, and probably kill the aerodynamics of the car.

So basically then your saying anything cosmetic is rice. I doubt that your rear wing unless it's 2ft tall is hurting your aerodynamics. Your chin spoiler and rear wing add maybe 60lbs to the weight of your car. Which unless you have your car hooked up to all sorts of monitors you'd never notice a difference in performance.

I bought the shaker because I like how it looked. I don't give a rat's a$$ if it doesn't even give me 1hp.

I never said rice was bad, it was the other people jumping me for calling it ricey that took offense to what i said.
Old 11/2/06, 04:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

"sory to the maker of this thread, i didnt not mean to ***** it up with useless opinions. I hope you find the hood your looking for."

OH SO NOW EVERY OPINION OTHER THAN YOUR OWN IS "USELESS". I was willing to have a civilized arugment but if your going to be ignorant than forget it.
Old 11/2/06, 04:05 PM
GT Member

OMG, leo, you got to be joking me. IT WAS MY USLESS OPINIONS that *****d up his thread. I was saying sorry for my post that had nothing to do with the hood he asked about.......
Old 11/2/06, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I wouldn't say your opinion was useless although if this were politics you'd be on the far,far,far,left.
Old 11/2/06, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Ya, i have come to realize, my taste is much diffrent than the majority here. I would never get elected

Quick Reply: anyone have this hood